Rant- America's Tire failed to balance my tires! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 08:29 PM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46655
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST

Points 5,963, Level 50
Points: 5,963, Level: 50 Points: 5,963, Level: 50 Points: 5,963, Level: 50
Level Up 7% Completed
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 40 BeeFzX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Angry Rant- America's Tire failed to balance my tires!

A week ago I get a vibration in a steering wheel at about 55+mph
Since I got my tires+wheels package at America's Tire I go there and request a rebalance. (the same shop)

I get my tires rebalanced and vibration is still there.

**Flashback**<---- 2 years ago when I bought the wheels+tires it took them 6 tries to balance and get rid of the vibrations.

So fast forward to last week. It seems that same type of deal happening again.

I come next day and they do their fancy balancing with "RIDE MATCH" takes like 1hr to do.
While they're doing it, i'm getting informed that some of my wheels are somewhat out of round!

WTFFFFFFF---I'm thinking they were like this from the start! I explain previous (2 yrs ago) attempts to balance the wheels so on an so forth that this is the same issue we had 2 yrs ago.

Anyway they balance them, I get on the freeway vibration is still there.

I come back and now they're telling me that nothing can be done, I need new wheels or it will vibrate no matter what they do.

After 3 days of arguing I get a deal that they cover 50% of the cost for exact same new wheels. Still, I paid $250.

Yesterday I got new wheels put on and vibration is still there!!!

I come back this morning explain that I still got vibrations...got managers involved and such. They rebalance again. I get on the freeway, vibrations are still there WTF!!!

Go back, explain the situation and get their most experienced guy rebalanceing my tires for like 1:30hr with Road Match and all that shit...

I get on the freeway vibration is still there. OMG>>>

Then I decide to drive 20mi to the other America's Tire location.
They do the balancing, probably took like 15min. Then I get on the freeway all vibrations are gone!!!

Still pissed I had to pay $250 to find out that it is probably their machine that is off!!

Advertisement

Old 07-30-2009, 08:38 PM   #2
Too old for this...

Fan#: 61490
What I Drive: 2004 Silver Mazda6 S

FF Reputation: 9 kjsoccerdude Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
I would go back to the other place (the one that did it right) and tell their manager about how crappy the other place is. See if there's any legal way you can get your money back. That and tell every living person you know not to go to the bad one.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:40 PM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 61706
What I Drive: 2010 Sedan SE

Points 4,602, Level 43
Points: 4,602, Level: 43 Points: 4,602, Level: 43 Points: 4,602, Level: 43
Level Up 26% Completed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 2 PowerFocer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have an easy explanation for you. The balancer was out of calibration. It happens some times, and it is impossible to tell without computer software that only the repair technician has. So to be fair I highly doubt it was the people working there that made the error, and if you thought they did you should go watch and make sure the machine reads "0.00, 0.00" (which means it is perfectly balanced). I realize it is still frustrating and you're still out $250, but you really shouldn't blame the techs that worked on it. Just mho
NEVER trust anyone with your car or your girl.
Either way, you could get a rod thrown in both.........
Fast cars make smart people do dumb things
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2009, 08:41 PM   #4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 51482
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 4 INCUBUSRATM Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
^Agreed.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:49 PM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46655
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST

Points 5,963, Level 50
Points: 5,963, Level: 50 Points: 5,963, Level: 50 Points: 5,963, Level: 50
Level Up 7% Completed
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 40 BeeFzX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerFocer View Post
I have an easy explanation for you. The balancer was out of calibration. It happens some times, and it is impossible to tell without computer software that only the repair technician has. So to be fair I highly doubt it was the people working there that made the error, and if you thought they did you should go watch and make sure the machine reads "0.00, 0.00" (which means it is perfectly balanced). I realize it is still frustrating and you're still out $250, but you really shouldn't blame the techs that worked on it. Just mho
No, I'm not blaming them in any way. They are really good guys working there. I watched every time they balanced and it read 00 - 00.
That is why I'm probably not going back to demand my $250 back.
Yeah machine is probably off...

I noticed that the last time they balanced it required less weights put on, than previous times.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:03 AM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46002
What I Drive: 2006 pitch black zx4

Points 465, Level 9
Points: 465, Level: 9 Points: 465, Level: 9 Points: 465, Level: 9
Level Up 30% Completed
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 autolite Good Standing Member
i had 4 bf goodrich installed on my stock rims had them balanced three times 2 times at one place it was better the second time but not right took it to N.T.B. had it done it was worse then ever so they credited the B.F.G'S and got Michalins hydro edge got it on the freeway took it back had them rebalanced again it was a little better had it done again.Went to another tire place had them balance them and it was great now a year later there out of balance again.It sucks to spend the money and its not right and they think making it up. Good luck tring to get something out of the deal
Old 07-31-2009, 02:04 AM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 52512
What I Drive: 2002 Infa Red SVT

Points 995, Level 16
Points: 995, Level: 16 Points: 995, Level: 16 Points: 995, Level: 16
Level Up 95% Completed
Level up: 95% Level up: 95% Level up: 95%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 MCL_STV Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by autolite View Post
i had 4 bf goodrich installed on my stock rims had them balanced three times 2 times at one place it was better the second time but not right took it to N.T.B. had it done it was worse then ever so they credited the B.F.G'S and got Michalins hydro edge got it on the freeway took it back had them rebalanced again it was a little better had it done again.Went to another tire place had them balance them and it was great now a year later there out of balance again.It sucks to spend the money and its not right and they think making it up. Good luck tring to get something out of the deal
Well theres your problem, you took your car to NTB. I took my car there to get new brakes and rotors after I got it off the trailer from it sitting for over a year, and they were the only place open that day, and I needed the brakes done ASAP. Needless to say, the jokers just resurfaced my old rotors, needless to say, I got my money back for brand new rotors that I paid for that they didn't put on, and told them that they will never touch my car, or anyone else's car that I know again. Speaking of that, I need to get my wheels balanced, I got a vibration in my right front under hard acceleration. Guess Tire Rack didn't properly balance them like they claim they do.
'02 Infa Red SVT #3564
T-Minus 2 months until the new house is done, YES! MY OWN DRIVEWAY AND GARAGE!
Old 07-31-2009, 10:20 PM   #8
Subcompact Fanatic

Fan#: 43017
What I Drive: 1997 Ford Aspire White

FF Reputation: 9 DURATECoftheDesert Good Standing Member
Not imply on the situation negatively, if they happened to say that the wheels were out of round then why do they insist they put it on the car and think that everything is fine..... That is what is making me blow a tantrum.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.