Gotta Sell the Focus, So What to Get? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 52512
What I Drive: 2002 Infa Red SVT

Points 995, Level 16
Points: 995, Level: 16 Points: 995, Level: 16 Points: 995, Level: 16
Level Up 95% Completed
Level up: 95% Level up: 95% Level up: 95%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 MCL_STV Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Gotta Sell the Focus, So What to Get?

So had a long talk with the wife, and the mother in-law, and it was basically an intervention, and the conclusion is, once we move into our new house I need to sell the Focus for a more reliable car because of the fact that my SVT is possesed with demons, and with being in college I need something that isn't going to potentionally break down and cost alot of money to fix. Problem is, I have no idea what to replace it with, and I still owe about $6500 on it, its gonna be hard to sell it for that much with the issues its having, which sucks. I have a very short list or cars I would like, but none are in my price range I'm looing into. I would love to get a Mazda 6, but haven't been able to find one for under 8k. So for under 8k what do you guys think is a good, reliable four door tuner car? Please don't say another Focus, I already lost that argument. I was told I cant buy another Ford unless its a truck or a Mustang. So any input would be appreciated.

'02 Infa Red SVT #3564
T-Minus 2 months until the new house is done, YES! MY OWN DRIVEWAY AND GARAGE!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2009, 05:38 PM   #2
Rhinoliner!!!

Fan#: 66551
What I Drive: 03 Rhinoliner'd ZX3 AdvanceTrac

Points 16,453, Level 82
Points: 16,453, Level: 82 Points: 16,453, Level: 82 Points: 16,453, Level: 82
Level Up 21% Completed
Level up: 21% Level up: 21% Level up: 21%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 9 UnbridledCarnage Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
late 90s early 2ks wrx lol. may be more like 10k but its decently quick
Old 07-28-2009, 05:58 PM   #3
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 26,111, Level 96
Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07FamilySedan...NOT View Post
late 90s early 2ks wrx lol. may be more like 10k but its decently quick
You think a late 90's early 2000 WRX is going to be reliable lol. Um...a new focus. The new ones are reliable. Why if its a ford does it have to be a truck or a mustang. They have plenty of faults too, especially the trucks.

Its pretty obvious you do not have the funds to really buy a new reliable car. What is exactly wrong with the svt focus? The problems or even if your car breaks down is not going to be anywhere near the price you owe on it. Why you owe so much anyway, did you buy it used?

My advice, is to get that thing paid off as soon as possible. Then worry about another car. If you try to sell it, like you said you might get what you owe on it, or maybe a bit more. So basically you'd sell your car and have very little money left over if any. No car....no money...whats the point?
Old 07-28-2009, 06:10 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Points 995, Level 16
Level Up 95% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
You think a late 90's early 2000 WRX is going to be reliable lol. Um...a new focus. The new ones are reliable. Why if its a ford does it have to be a truck or a mustang. They have plenty of faults too, especially the trucks.

Its pretty obvious you do not have the funds to really buy a new reliable car. What is exactly wrong with the svt focus? The problems or even if your car breaks down is not going to be anywhere near the price you owe on it. Why you owe so much anyway, did you buy it used?

My advice, is to get that thing paid off as soon as possible. Then worry about another car. If you try to sell it, like you said you might get what you owe on it, or maybe a bit more. So basically you'd sell your car and have very little money left over if any. No car....no money...whats the point?
Well you're preaching to the choir about me keeping the car, but the wife wants it gone. When the wife speaks, it happens unfortunately. I do have the funds to buy a newer reliable car, but I'm buying a house, so I clearly have the money, I just wont be able to finance one because of the fact of buying the new house. So I'll need to pay for it in cash. The 8k for the car is actually coming from my mother in-law so I can take my extra money and put into my house.
'02 Infa Red SVT #3564
Old 07-28-2009, 06:22 PM   #5
RB25 = Amazing

Fan#: 62344
What I Drive: 2003 Infra Red SVT ZX5, 1991 240sx

FF Reputation: 5 SVTflyer03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I hate these kind of stories. I wish you could keep it. I'd try to find a lancer. obviously not an evo, but lancer's aren't bad. Or a mazda 3. Or a huyndai elantra. HAHA

SVTf 5-door #892 out of about 2200

Hi
Old 07-28-2009, 06:28 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Points 995, Level 16
Level Up 95% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTflyer03 View Post
I hate these kind of stories. I wish you could keep it. I'd try to find a lancer. obviously not an evo, but lancer's aren't bad. Or a mazda 3. Or a huyndai elantra. HAHA
Mazda 3's aren't bad, but they're a little small for me when it comes to a four door. I will not buy a Hyundai.
'02 Infa Red SVT #3564
Old 07-28-2009, 06:32 PM   #7
RB25 = Amazing

Maybe a lancer. ooh I know, an SVT lol

Hi
Old 07-28-2009, 06:39 PM   #8
Registered

Fan#: 55603
What I Drive: White N Gold 2001 Sedan

FF Reputation: 132 norcalfocus01 Excellent Standing Member norcalfocus01 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Grow a pair and tell your wife and mother in law how stupid there being. Im not trying to be rude but here are the facts.

For 8k your only gonna buy a used car, which means it can end up being just unreilbe if not worse.

Your buying a house why in the hell would you spend 8k on a new car? you can problay fix all the problems with your SVT for less than 3K.

Look dude do not let your mother in law control what you and your wife do. To me it sounds like your in the same place I was a while back. Oneday I just told my mother in law to mind her own damn business and that Im the man of my house and everything has been good from there on out.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:40 PM   #9
Focus Addict

Fan#: 59327
What I Drive: 2004 Red Zx3

FF Reputation: 9 NAD23ZX3 Good Standing Member
aw heck, fix the svt. It'll be cheaper and atleast you know it's got a few new parts that shouldn't fail for a while. Just debadge the svt and call it a honda. Unless your body is rusting out with a whole new wiring harness needed it can't be that bad. Gotta show your wife whos boss or else you'll have to put up with these kind of demands forever.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #10
RB25 = Amazing

^^ Amen to both. I'd call it a mazda though. lol. This is true you could just spend a few k and have a perfect SVT. dont want to be a jerk but, I think you should put on the pants and keep your car. Unless of course it would cause a divorce or if you want a different car?

Anyways, do what you have to and good luck!!!

Hi

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.