Hey! New here. Where to get any '09 parts? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 67570
What I Drive: '13 Mustang V6 vert

FF Reputation: 4 Robotaz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey! New here. Where to get any '09 parts?

Hello! I just picked up a silver '09 Coupe SES with the moon & tune pkg. I went from an '09 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 to this Focus. I couldn't be happier. For one, the car had an MSRP of $19,060 and I got it for $9,600. The dealer had $4,700 in discounts and I traded my F150 with 276,000 miles and got the cash for clunkers discount of $4500. I got an additional $500 for FMC financing, which will be switched to my bank as soon as the title comes. That said...

I know it's not very popular with the diehards, but I LOVE THIS CAR!! The only problem that I have is that the brakes vibrate, which really bugs me. The brakes just suck. I cannot find real discs for the front or any for the back without having to do the extra work on the SVT kit for the rear. I just don't have any extra time to work on it because i already spend any spare time I get working on my motorcycle.

Can anyone tell me what my best options are right now for performance parts? Is there a specific brand of discs for the front that everyone seems to like? I'm thinking that I may be best off putting parts from old Focii, but I don't know if any fit. And I've already searched and found very little about the '09s.

Thanks in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2009, 12:43 PM   #2
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 26,907, Level 97
Points: 26,907, Level: 97 Points: 26,907, Level: 97 Points: 26,907, Level: 97
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotaz View Post
Hello! I just picked up a silver '09 Coupe SES with the moon & tune pkg. I went from an '09 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 to this Focus. I couldn't be happier. For one, the car had an MSRP of $19,060 and I got it for $9,600. The dealer had $4,700 in discounts and I traded my F150 with 276,000 miles and got the cash for clunkers discount of $4500. I got an additional $500 for FMC financing, which will be switched to my bank as soon as the title comes. That said...

I know it's not very popular with the diehards, but I LOVE THIS CAR!! The only problem that I have is that the brakes vibrate, which really bugs me. The brakes just suck. I cannot find real discs for the front or any for the back without having to do the extra work on the SVT kit for the rear. I just don't have any extra time to work on it because i already spend any spare time I get working on my motorcycle.

Can anyone tell me what my best options are right now for performance parts? Is there a specific brand of discs for the front that everyone seems to like? I'm thinking that I may be best off putting parts from old Focii, but I don't know if any fit. And I've already searched and found very little about the '09s.

Thanks in advance.
The brakes are actually pretty decent imo. What do you mean they vibrate? Like all the time or what. It could just be the ABS working. If they really vibrating their must be something wrong and I'd bring it back to the dealership. That is one sick deal on your car though. I saw a commerical the other day about after rebates and cash for clunkers you can have a focus for 10k. I was like wow. But yea bring it back to the dealer and complain about the brakes.

Performance parts check Steeda, and now Focus Sport (focussport.com) has some stuff for the 08-09's also. Not sure if either got suspension kits but most people go with the FRPP kit anyway from Ford. Its pretty inexpensive and your basically getting a Eibach kit with Fords name on it for a cheaper price.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:05 PM   #3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 54401
What I Drive: 2008 Ebony CC 2dr coupe SES 5spd

Points 1,961, Level 26
Points: 1,961, Level: 26 Points: 1,961, Level: 26 Points: 1,961, Level: 26
Level Up 61% Completed
Level up: 61% Level up: 61% Level up: 61%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 35 whitefox Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
The only problem that I have is that the brakes vibrate, which really bugs me. The brakes just suck. I cannot find real discs for the front or any for the back without having to do the extra work on the SVT kit for the rear.
First Welcome to Focus Fanatics!!

Second, if the brakes are vibrating, take it back to the dealer.
As far as doing the rear disc conversion with the SVT kit, the only thing extra that you need is an emergency brake cable for the SVT Focus. I had this conversation with someone who just finished doing the conversion on his 07 (same basic suspension as far as the brakes are concerned) and he said all he needed to do extra was buy an emergency brake cable for the SVT. That is it.
2008 Focus Ebony Clearcoat 2dr SES 5spd
Old 07-27-2009, 01:08 PM   #4
Banned

Fan#: 66798
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Hatchback SE

FF Reputation: 5 CFed28 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Welcome from a fellow Coupe owner!

Id bring it back to the dealer and have them look at it.

Oh ya pics or ban :D
Old 07-27-2009, 02:41 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Thanks for the responses.

Reading the responses I realize that I sound like a total noob talking about the vibrating brakes. But the reason that I have decided to just try to fix it by adding better parts is because I drove an SE coupe and two SES coupes and the brakes vibrated when depressed on all three. It just feels like warped rotors. They all felt like that. And I'm not talking about hard braking either. I had them rebalance the tires and they still don't feel up to snuff either. Overall I'm very happy anyway because I've had to work tire and rotor issues out before and in the end it's not a big deal as long as the car is not crap, like my Hondas both were. I'm wondering now if maybe the car sitting since last fall could have rusted the rotors to the point that they are irregular in shape, but not warped from abuse. I'm worried that the dealer will turn them instead of replacing them.

About the rear discs, I read that the spindle is a different size than the nut that holds the rotor on due to different spindle sizes on the '08-'09 and the earlier models.

I'll post some pics when I'm out of work later. Thanks again, and I do love my Focus! I had an '06 F150 FX4 that was the best vehicle that I ever owned until I bought this one.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:17 PM   #6
love my red focus

Fan#: 54938
What I Drive: 2006 Red ZX4 SES w/SAP

Points 1,324, Level 20
Points: 1,324, Level: 20 Points: 1,324, Level: 20 Points: 1,324, Level: 20
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 3 lightning2nd Good Standing Member
welcome
member of Focus Nation / Sedan Revolution#105 / Sap Crew#23 / Team Duratec#189 / Midwest Crew#31
Old 07-27-2009, 08:16 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

I guess I have to wait to post pics because there's no "manage attachments" button when I try to post a reply. But I did take some photos and will post when I'm able.

And DrkKnight614, I checked Steeda and ordered the strut tower brace. Next will be the short shifter, but I'm pretty sure that these Khumos are going bye bye soon so the shifter will have to wait. After that will be brakes. Thanks for the direction. Happy

Last edited by Robotaz; 07-27-2009 at 08:17 PM. Reason: misspelled name
Old 07-27-2009, 08:36 PM   #8
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 26,907, Level 97
Points: 26,907, Level: 97 Points: 26,907, Level: 97 Points: 26,907, Level: 97
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
I guess I have to wait to post pics because there's no "manage attachments" button when I try to post a reply. But I did take some photos and will post when I'm able.

And DrkKnight614, I checked Steeda and ordered the strut tower brace. Next will be the short shifter, but I'm pretty sure that these Khumos are going bye bye soon so the shifter will have to wait. After that will be brakes. Thanks for the direction. Happy
Nice, strut tower brace helps a bit, not much though. Some say it might not justify the price you pay, but it does work a bit. Another one that works is by focus sport, its a lower brace and that supposedly works very well. Why are your khumos almost gone? What kind of tires you plan on getting once they are. If you looking for good all seasons, I'm running on BF Goodrich Super Sport A/S's which are great, and one of the top rated tires, and not super expensive. Definitely check focus sport as well they make many great focus parts.

Did all the foci you try come from the same dealer? I've never heard of someone complaining about the brakes right from a new focus. Theres gotta be something up. How many miles are on the car and is it new?
Old 07-27-2009, 09:26 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

The Khumos only have 500 miles and they are just bumpy. I took the car to S&S for a road-force balance today and they said three of the four tire were "marginal" at best and they advised buying some decent tires. They got them a little smoother, but they're still bumpy. I'll look into your suggestion.

My old GTI had braces all over the place and the one at the bottom on the front end was very useful. Thanks for the reminder.

All three Foci were from different dealers. Mine had about 150 miles on it, which I obviously would not prefer, but it was very clean and scratch free so I took it due to the ridiculous price. I'm tempted to just buy new rotors since the dealer is over an hour away.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:56 PM   #10
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 57080
What I Drive: 09 f-150 5.4

Points 3,172, Level 34
Points: 3,172, Level: 34 Points: 3,172, Level: 34 Points: 3,172, Level: 34
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 33 Master-Baits Great Standing Member
"I know it's not very popular with the diehards, but I LOVE THIS CAR!!"

^^ its a damn good car and if you love it that is ALL that matters. Compare it to the competition and it shines... Cobalt???? pfhhhhh..... I would suggest some aspiration mods first and Tom's tune is a definite all the 08 and up guys love it his username is 1turbofocus if u didnt know and he has his own forum in here and supports us. It's called focuspower Im sure you've heard/seen of it by now.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.