Insurance? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 01:26 AM   #1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 65752
What I Drive: 2009 Vista Blue SE Coupe

FF Reputation: 1 BatistaFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Insurance?

I recently got my 09 Focus, and of course, insurance.

Sadly, I just took a peek at my insurance, and found that I have to pay in the ballpark of 1500 every 6 months, as a 17 year old male. What I don't understand, is an 08 Tiburon is the same, although it's quite obviously a "sports" car compared to a Focus, which is in hardly any way, the same to that of a Tiburon. And a PT Cruiser, ugly as it is, is a lot cheaper to insure.

Explanation.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2009, 01:30 AM   #2
[:)][:)][:)][:)] I got this!!!!

Fan#: 63206
What I Drive: 04 F250 FX4 6.0L

FF Reputation: 8 leh0825 Good Standing Member
they also look at what you may do to the car.. did they ask you if you were going to mod it in anyway? if so you slipped and said yes... the pt cruiser has nowhere near the power i don't think or capability of a focus or tiburon. but it could be the company you are with also.... but you will have to look around at insurance and find out what you can do...
Team Duratec #220/Sedan Revolution #179/NW Posse#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller_1974 View Post
Geesh. I mean I know it's just a Focus to the repair shop, but they couldn't give You something other than a rolling vagina to drive?
Old 06-08-2009, 01:37 AM   #3
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

well, I'm positive I haven't said anything about that because I haven't talked to them, my dad did.

I understand the potential though, because what kinda PT Cruiser is gunna beat out a focus? lol.

But still, I'd have to look, That stupid Gecko lizard doesn't save me nothing.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:51 AM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 62463
What I Drive: 2002 harvest Gold Focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 SOHCTUNER Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
actually for me Geico was the cheapest and ive been in a few accidents all fromw hen i was a teen. You also have higher insurance because you are ale stupid because its profiling and sexist as well but thats the way it isi its also because your a teenager it drops when you hit 25 in az at least. thiers other reasons why as well. When i was a teen I drove a 2004 pontiac Vibe and i had to pay about 250 a month but was on my parents insurance company back then so i didnt really have a choice to pick a lower rate.

"I think thats the most exciting thing my girlfriends done in her life" Me at last Dez meet after my girlfriend went head on towards a truck and well made it!
Old 06-08-2009, 01:58 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 34980
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 MajicBlurpleSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
a pt turbo my buddy has a 300 hp 2.4 turbo pt with a manumatic trans with lsd cone filter and stage 2 waste gate and thats it and he rapes my svt even when i use my 75 shot
Old 06-08-2009, 02:00 AM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 58941
What I Drive: '08 Vista Blue Coupe

FF Reputation: 1 Phoenix Dies Good Standing Member
M/19/No accidents. '08 Focus S 1100/6 months

It also has alot to do with the overall value of your car. I brand new fully loaded focus is going to be more to ensure then an older model year.

EDIT: Up until a few months ago (when I turned 19) I was paying almost twice that. 19 made a big difference for me
Old 06-08-2009, 02:02 AM   #7
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

^total agreement.

The insurance drops when I get married *shudder* or hit 25.

I just looked around, and half of the online insurance "insta" quotes or whatever don't work, and progress was actually a whole 1,700 dollar more expensive, on my whole family plan.

Sometimes I wish I were born without 21 fingers and had a chest muscle to feed babies. o_O

EDIT: Maybe it's not 25? what is it in Texas, if anyone knows.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:11 AM   #8
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

Points 19,458, Level 88
Points: 19,458, Level: 88 Points: 19,458, Level: 88 Points: 19,458, Level: 88
Level Up 22% Completed
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Forum Activity 37%
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%
FF Reputation: 53 iminhell Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I really don't know how they figure insurance costs, but I am 100% sure that cost of the vehicle plays little part. And just how do I know this? Well in 2003 when I was really upset with paying insurance I had my agent look through what I'd pay for the same coverage but with different vehicles. Found out I could be driving a BMW M3 cheaper than my damn Focus. Hell for me to insure a Corvette was even cheaper. So beats the hell out of me how they figure it. But most all of us have had to pay higher than average insurance costs (just some don't know it yet).

btw I pay $36/month for bare liability insurance through Progressive and I am 29 and single and it is my only vehicle insured.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:16 AM   #9
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

what nice logic, those damn people have.

I guess the bare minimum would work great, but seeing as how it's not up to me, I think we pay premium? something along the top line of whatever the lizard had, I'm not too sure.

I guess I'll have to pick up a second job to cover for interest, there goes anything I was planning for awhile, time to fail at free time and pass with zombie mode somewhere for minimum wage. >_<
Old 06-08-2009, 02:27 AM   #10
Lurking

Fan#: 52102
What I Drive: 86 sportster1100, 12 Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 blackoutSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
they first off look at the car u have... based on wreck reports and your age is how they get a rate to charge you by...

i know it seams unfair buy think of it this way. your in good hands...

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.