Who else shuttles their dog(s) a lot in their Focus? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 02:29 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 61768
What I Drive: 2010 Focus SE-5spd Silver

FF Reputation: 0 cbr1100xx Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Who else shuttles their dog(s) a lot in their Focus?

Almost every weekend we take our 62lb dalmation and 20lb Bichon to the beach in the new Focus. That's why I wanted a 4 dr. I have a rear seat pet cover that hooks around the head rests and gets most of the sand/hair/dirt. I still vacuum out the car afterward if it's really bad.

The Focus seems to have enough room for both dogs to curl up back there and sleep on the way home. I've thought about getting an Escape for the extra room but really the dogs seem fine in the Focus. If I had 2 large dogs though....I think I'd need the Escape.

Anyone else with dog slobber all over their Focus?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2009, 09:43 AM   #2
Too old for this...

Fan#: 61490
What I Drive: 2004 Silver Mazda6 S

FF Reputation: 9 kjsoccerdude Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
I took my dog for a ride in my car once and once only. This is because 5 minutes into the ride she pee'd on my passengers seat.

Before and since then my dad has taken her for rides and she has no problem at all. She just decided she wanted to pee in my car.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:54 AM   #3
Shiny Metal Titanium

Fan#: 60433
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium Seda

Points 12,892, Level 74
Points: 12,892, Level: 74 Points: 12,892, Level: 74 Points: 12,892, Level: 74
Level Up 11% Completed
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 7 Phokus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
I've given a young kitten a ride, she wanted to climb around and escape from my friend holding her to hide in the car somewhere

^ and hey, at least it wasnt poo
Old 05-31-2009, 11:51 AM   #4
PiddlesaurusRex

Fan#: 56009
What I Drive: 2001 silver nakie ZTS

Points 3,197, Level 34
Points: 3,197, Level: 34 Points: 3,197, Level: 34 Points: 3,197, Level: 34
Level Up 98% Completed
Level up: 98% Level up: 98% Level up: 98%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 26 ImCuteiThink Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Welllllll, i have an 84 pound pit bull/gsd who takes up all the room, everywhere, i usually dont take her in the focus because well its kind of my best car, but when i have to, i use one of those things that hooks to the back seat head rests and the front head rests so that nothing can get on the floor, and for my two small chihuahuas they have car seats because im afraid of them jumping out the window lol. I also dont take them for long rides in the focus, usually use my prism because i dont care if it gets destroyed

I dont usually have slobber issues, but what gets on my nerves is the hair. im pretty ocd about the hair.

If you have the hammock type thing in the back for them, you can always get one of those plush folding cushion things ( same size ) that lay over it to make it soft for them
SEDAN REVOLUTION #109
I <3 BRONCOS
MIDWEST CREW #16
pHeInJiOs
Old 05-31-2009, 12:01 PM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 42021
FF Reputation: 1 nepafocus03 Good Standing Member
i take my jackapug everywhere in my focus, granted hes only 20 lbs, sits in my wifes lap and doesnt pee or poop in it thank god lol. he does get fur everywhere and puts his nose against against the window and smears it up lol.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:52 PM   #6
Where am I?

Fan#: 62506
What I Drive: 02 ZX3, 02 MX-5

Points 13,320, Level 75
Points: 13,320, Level: 75 Points: 13,320, Level: 75 Points: 13,320, Level: 75
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%
FF Reputation: 29 zetecDon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (46)
Oh hell no...letting some mongrel defecate in my car? I would strangle the pooch. Only time I will take my pets in my car is if it is absolutely necessary, like going to the vet or something. Other than that I have land that they can run on.
ImCuteiThink: They actually make car seats for chihuahuas? I say let the little rat dogs bounce out the window a couple of times and I am sure they will think twice before doing it again lol. I know my old German shepard would try to jump out of the back of the truck when had to take him some where and he learned his lesson real quick not to do that again.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:33 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 60767
What I Drive: 2002 Silver SVT/RIP 2002 ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 macgurl Good Standing Member
I drove across the country with my two kitties... they were in a soft type carrier until they tried to rip their way out of that one part way there and I stopped and bought a solid one. At night we'd sleep in the car at truck stops and I'd let them out to cuddle with me so I could sleep and they wouldn't cry all night long.

I want to get a puppy to take for car rides. I found out near the end of the trip that they love the air conditioning. I was freezing but rupert was snuggled right up against the vent snoring away. It only took 4500km to make him comfortable...
Old 05-31-2009, 10:55 PM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 61768
What I Drive: 2010 Focus SE-5spd Silver

FF Reputation: 0 cbr1100xx Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Yeah.....uhh.......let's get one thing straight. My dogs are fully house/car-trained. They never have accidents in the house or car. If they're in the car more than an hour, I stop and let them out to stretch their legs, pee...etc.

But we take them places all the time since we don't have a yard and they LOVE the off leash beaches here. So my Focus is sort of trashed on a regular basis but the g/f says no to having them in her Infiniti G35 and can't say I blame her.

I clean up the Focus soon afterward but yeah...dog hair? We have a dalmation and no matter how much vacuuming I do.....there's always some sticking around. But oh well....as long as their happy and my car stays reasonably clean. ....
Old 05-31-2009, 11:01 PM   #9
12 years strong

Fan#: 111
What I Drive: '02 zx5

Points 14,653, Level 78
Points: 14,653, Level: 78 Points: 14,653, Level: 78 Points: 14,653, Level: 78
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 17 1sloho Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
i give my dachshund a car ride all the time. he always sits in my lap with his head out the window.....happy as can be. in the winter, since i have the windows up, he gets snot all over my window. lol. whenever i ask if he wants to go for a ride..he perks his ears up, tilts his head and starts waggin his tail like crazy! he loves it.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:15 PM   #10
You like this.

Fan#: 49693
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda RX-8, 99 Jeep TJ

FF Reputation: 5 MichSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
one time only ;)

|_|.............|_|

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.