Tell me: What do you want to know about the FIESTA? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 05:36 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10555
What I Drive: 2006 Focus ZX3 SE Infra Red

FF Reputation: 2 Lumadar Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Exclamation Tell me: What do you want to know about the FIESTA?

Ok guys and gals... I was thinking about the Fiesta I will be driving home on the 20th of this month ( ) and I thought it would be a cool idea to get a list of SPECIFIC questions that you would only hope to have answered by someone with the car, a camera, or connections (or better yet, all 3!)

So...

Let's hear them. What do you want me to film/take pictures of, or inquire about? Consider me your personal portal to Ford Fiesta information!

I will try and isolate and film separate short film segments and post them to address each question if they require videos. Questions I will either investigate or answer to the best of my knowledge and abilities.

Who's first?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2009, 06:15 AM   #2
Shiny Metal Titanium

Fan#: 60433
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium Seda

Points 12,892, Level 74
Points: 12,892, Level: 74 Points: 12,892, Level: 74 Points: 12,892, Level: 74
Level Up 11% Completed
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 7 Phokus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Make a video of when you are driving down a highway, see if it's a quieter ride than your Focus (wind noise and road noise wise not engine and exhaust if you have any of that stuff on your Focus)
Old 04-10-2009, 10:23 AM   #3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 40330
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Gray MINI Cooper S

FF Reputation: 1 BlueGinx197 Good Standing Member
As SOON as you get home, take those rims off and see if they fit your focus!
Old 04-10-2009, 01:31 PM   #4
( o Y o )

Fan#: 32177
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 9 BigRed03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I'd like to see how much leg room there is in the back seat with the front positioned for a regular person to drive. I'm 5'10" and tall people have a hard time sitting even behind me...

Do the rear seats fold flat like the fofo?

Do you hit the dash/HVAC controls shifting into 1st, 3rd, or 5th gear?

I like the wind/road noise idea, the focus can be loud on rough roads. Also, how it behaves on the highway over rough roads, around semi's and large suv's, and on windy days (if the weather ever cooperates lol)
Old 04-10-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing Member Peregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Let us know if you find a SVT version on the lot that's boosted. lol j/k

Good luck on getting the Fiesta!
Old 04-10-2009, 03:16 PM   #6
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 26,111, Level 96
Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
In your opinion, does the car seem worth more then the price they will be offering it for. Also a good idea on how much better the quality is over the focus and whether its what you'd expect for a b segment car, less, or more.

A full on road test of the vehicle would be awesome. Take it on some smooth straight roads light to light. How is the transmission? Your getting a stick right? I wish there was someone who was getting an auto. I really want to know how the new powershift automatic is. One thing I truely hate about the current 4spd auto is the tq converter, which you can feel all the time and alot of the times it wont be in the right gear or your going through traffic and the freakin tranny shifts when it shouldnt be b/c your about to slow down. The tq converter just makes the tranny go clunk clunk which is extremely annoying and horrible for acceleration and gas mileage.

Anyway back to road test, test it on the twisties, straight roads light to light, on hwy at as many speed intervals as you can without getting in trouble lol. Wind noise, stability, mid range acceleration, hwy acceleration. Are the seats comfortable etc etc lol.

Write a book....
Old 04-10-2009, 03:32 PM   #7
Hiyadoin'

Fan#: 48389
What I Drive: 2004 Infrared SVT, EAP #1440

Points 2,595, Level 30
Points: 2,595, Level: 30 Points: 2,595, Level: 30 Points: 2,595, Level: 30
Level Up 97% Completed
Level up: 97% Level up: 97% Level up: 97%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 9 stivo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
How's the trim and interior? How practical is it for daily driving? How about the passenger experience? Storage?

And the there's always your average mileage... you might have to put a couple hundred miles on it to find that out.

The Top Gear video made it look like a killer little car, but we need to from an American perspective as well.

...and the rear seats do not fold down flat, at least in the Euro version. I believe this is a weight savings measure.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:40 PM   #8
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 40330
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Gray MINI Cooper S

FF Reputation: 1 BlueGinx197 Good Standing Member
Yeah, the rear seats dont fold down flat, TopGear made a stink about it :P

I hope nuttin' changes from the Euro spec one to the American one... I know the bumpers are going to change, but I hope they don't butcher them and keep their Euroesq appearence.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:15 AM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10555
What I Drive: 2006 Focus ZX3 SE Infra Red

FF Reputation: 2 Lumadar Good Standing Member
Keep the questions coming guys. I would love to answer every last one for you guys.

I don't want to formerly start yet, but I will say the road noise (or lack there of) during my road test up to 50~ MPH was on par with my friends 2008 BMW 328i.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:18 AM   #10
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2012 1.6L 125hp Titanium wagon

Points 19,211, Level 87
Points: 19,211, Level: 87 Points: 19,211, Level: 87 Points: 19,211, Level: 87
Level Up 73% Completed
Level up: 73% Level up: 73% Level up: 73%
Forum Activity 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
FF Reputation: 15 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
From the 1st few reviewers comments, which seem to voice similar opinions, I want to ask if you agree with these comments.

MotorFanatics - "It was the interior though that was the highlight for me.If you’re used to American Focus, Fusion, or even Flex interiors…prepare for your mind to be blown. The Fiesta is a whole new level compared to conventional Ford interiors. In fact, if not for the Ford badge, I would have thought I was in something much more upscale. "

Jalopnik - "While the Fiesta's official price hasn't yet been revealed, our sources tell us to expect a price point starting around $12,000 and moving into the Focus-overlapping $16,000 range.Driving experience feels more expensive than $16,000. The lower end of Ford's US-spec Focus overlaps the upper end of the Fiesta's price range, but the Fiesta feels more expensive, not less."

About.com - "Inside, it's hard to believe this is a Ford -- the design is refreshingly unique and the materials are several grades nicer than what you'll find in a Focus or a Fusion."

I was reading a write up from CRs short test drive in the Fiesta along with Sam DeLaGarza in NYC, and they write " The car we drove was a hatchback, with a 120-horsepower, 1.6-liter engine and six-speed manual transmission. DeLaGarza said that the U.S. market will likely get a larger engine.
????????????

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.