My plans instead of FF '09 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 52121
What I Drive: 2005 Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 2 Red_Zeppelin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
My plans instead of FF '09

To start I really wanted to make FF '09 this year but being that no decision has been made about where, when, or how FF '09 is going off I decided to take my own road trip. I commited to driving Old RT 66 this summer with my Dad. We're taking 2-3 weeks and hitting every tourist trap and roadside attraction we can find. We've bought the tackiest RT 66 shirts and blues brothers sunglasses. Also a must do while we're out there we're hitting up Bonneville for speed week. Once we get to Cali we're picking up my 1968 GTO that has been in storage since I was in third grade and trailering it back via the interstate. Hopefully it'll be everything we hope. For anyone that has driven 66 in the past do you have any stories "must sees" or advice for us. Thanks so much and hopefully I'll be able to make FF in '10.

Last of The Hatches #54

The Michigan People Thread....top search result for anything!!!!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
Get Squashed

Fan#: 33384
What I Drive: '04 Comp. Orange SVT 3dr.

Points 79,690, Level 100
Points: 79,690, Level: 100 Points: 79,690, Level: 100 Points: 79,690, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 44 OrangeSVTguy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Cool let us know when you're in the area. Route 66 is really close if you want to come all the way out here.
SVT Squad #227 || Build # 1329 of 1978 || FF ROTM Oct. 2006
Old 03-17-2009, 12:54 AM   #3

Fan#: 61209
What I Drive: 2008 black SE sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Foxtrot685 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
im driving home from denver colorado to baltimore maryland. theres some event on the east coast that is for ford, lincoln, and mercury vehicles. its in PA i think. i may check that out while im home. if there are any GTG's on the east coast at that time id like to check that out too. its cool when you take group photos of the cars and you have colorado plates :)
Old 03-17-2009, 09:33 PM   #4
Busy Monkey

Fan#: 51724
What I Drive: '04 ZX3 D23

Points 63,228, Level 100
Points: 63,228, Level: 100 Points: 63,228, Level: 100 Points: 63,228, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 30 MisterJohnson Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
If you get the chance to stay in Needles, CA, on your trip, DON'T. Unless of course you enjoy 119 degrees during the day and still miserable at night
15.07 @ 93.49 Team Duratec #149
Old 03-17-2009, 09:43 PM   #5
OMGVTAK!

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '13 Taffeta White Civic Si Sedan

Points 189,605, Level 100
Points: 189,605, Level: 100 Points: 189,605, Level: 100 Points: 189,605, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing Member Chick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrot685 View Post
im driving home from denver colorado to baltimore maryland. theres some event on the east coast that is for ford, lincoln, and mercury vehicles. its in PA i think. i may check that out while im home. if there are any GTG's on the east coast at that time id like to check that out too. its cool when you take group photos of the cars and you have colorado plates :)
When are you coming home? There is always something going on over here

If you have a theme idea for Ride of the Month or any other suggestions, please feel free to PM me!
Old 03-17-2009, 09:43 PM   #6
Say NO to FRPP Drops

Fan#: 42651
What I Drive: '00 ZX3, '03 ZX3, '07 ZX3

FF Reputation: 125 kenzx3 Excellent Standing Member kenzx3 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (49)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrot685 View Post
Oh there are G2G's alright, centered around that whole weekend:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/f...play.php?f=108

and the main event thread with all the links to the other threads:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184743
Old 03-18-2009, 08:02 AM   #7

Fan#: 61209
What I Drive: 2008 black SE sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Foxtrot685 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
CRAP! i didnt know it was so close to after i return from deployment. that means midas is going to have to get crackin installing all those mods so i can get out to MD, lol. i plan on hitting the road on 23 May and arriving in baltimore no later than 28 May (i circumvent kansas so that adds time) so im going to say ill b there from 30 may until 30 june! we'll see how the focus does on road trips... the cruise control i can already say is going to get on my nerves

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.