Question about Window Stickers - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 11:31 AM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 61907
What I Drive: 2009 Light Metallic Blue Focus

FF Reputation: 1 popecko Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question about Window Stickers

Hello everyone! I just purchased a 2009 Ford Focus - its the base model, and its a 5-speed manual transmission (the ONLY one they had on the lot!). I have a sticker on my driver side window that says "This car is equipped with a Sirius Satillite Radio". I double checked to make sure that it did say it was equipped. (spell check says its spelled equipped, but that does not look right to me! Oh well, forgive me if its mispelled!).

When I got the car home, I tried to work the Sirius radio. Nothing happened. I called Sirius, they told me to talk to the dealer. I called the dealer, and the sales person said that it 'should' come with it, and that he wanted me to check with maintenance when I come in for my first oil change.

I finally rolled over 3K miles so I called for service. I mentioned to the service man that the sticker says that the car has a sirius radio. He did some 'checking' and called back saying that my model does NOT come with a Sirius radio.

So, why does the window sticker on my driver's side window say that my car comes equipped with a Sirius Satellite Radio, if it in fact does not? Is this normal? Do I have any recourse? I did send an email to Ford, but as yet have not heard anything back.

Any info would be great. Thanks so much, and again sorry for the spellings and if this is in the wrong place!

Popecko

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2009, 11:39 AM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 61611
What I Drive: 2005 Liquid Grey ZX4/ST

FF Reputation: 1 Ernie N Good Standing Member
Exclamation

I think your dealer should stand by the Window Sticker. They can try and get money back from Ford (fat chance), but it is the dealer that should make it good.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:53 AM   #3
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie N View Post
I think your dealer should stand by the Window Sticker. They can try and get money back from Ford (fat chance), but it is the dealer that should make it good.

Thanks... I just heard back from Ford, and they said that my car does NOT have the Sirius Radio. No comment to me about why the window sticker says it does. Seems like I am SOL.

Oh well, if only this were my biggest problem, right? :-)
Old 01-13-2009, 12:46 PM   #4
Shot me 3 deer!!!

Fan#: 53541
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 2 7.3 L Diesel Excursions!

Points 28,516, Level 99
Points: 28,516, Level: 99 Points: 28,516, Level: 99 Points: 28,516, Level: 99
Level Up 11% Completed
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 42 mlbbaseball Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (69)
If you paid for it, then you should get it. was it an optional feature that you could add on? if so, you paid for it, you should get it!! write ford again, thats rediculous!

Now I rive 2 7.3 L diesel trucks!
Old 01-13-2009, 01:03 PM   #5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 43548
What I Drive: '04 EAP Sonic Blue SVT, '04 Ranger

Points 2,501, Level 30
Points: 2,501, Level: 30 Points: 2,501, Level: 30 Points: 2,501, Level: 30
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 4 HilloNative Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
yeah man... if it was an option... you should get it... go back there and talk to someone... dont wait till your oil change... ask them if they will wait till your oil change to get their monthly payment.... and BTW welcome to FF...
Old 01-13-2009, 01:27 PM   #6
Focus Rookie

Thanks HilloNative and MLBBaseball!

I didn't not buy this car in the traditional way and maybe this is all my fault because of that. I was searching for 6 months for a 5-speed manual transmission Focus, and no one in my area had them! In September I did a web search and found the car I bought - the only 5-speed model on the lot and they didn't expect any more to be coming in. I called the dealership and asked them to hold the car for me, that I'd be in that weekend to check it out and perhaps buy it. They got me a pre-approval and that saturday I headed down.

I didn't look at different models, because the 5-speed manual transmission was a deal breaker for me - I wasn't going to buy another automatic car, which is why it took me 6 months to find this one. So I looked at the car, read the window sticker that had the price on it, and listed the options. The Sirius radio was NOT listed as an option either installed or otherwise. The sticker on my driver side door says "This car is equipped with a Sirius Satellite Radio", and the dealer when showing me the car before I signed the papers "showed" me how to work it. He said I could set it up when I got home.

That's when I found out that there was no radio. I was confused because the sticker on the driver side door (you know those decals they put on there?) said specifically that it was installed. To me, that is confusing and, well, a little upsetting. The satellite radio wasn't a deal breaker, but I didn't like the idea that I left the lot thinking one thing about the car I purchased only to find out that it wasn't true. The mechanic asked me "Does it say 'sirius satellite radio ready, or equipped" I told him it said equipped.

Ford wrote back that the model I bought does not come with this radio. I sent them another email back asking WHY the door sticker says its equipped if its not.

The sticker made me think that this was a standard feature on my car. I still love my Focus, but this is confusing and upsetting to me. Its advertising something that I do not have, and that does not seem right.

The mechanic did say that I could have one installed for another $400. No thanks...

Thanks for the welcome! I hope I will be able to contribute to this forum with more helpful information!

Popecko
Old 01-13-2009, 01:29 PM   #7
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 54401
What I Drive: 2008 Ebony CC 2dr coupe SES 5spd

Points 1,961, Level 26
Points: 1,961, Level: 26 Points: 1,961, Level: 26 Points: 1,961, Level: 26
Level Up 61% Completed
Level up: 61% Level up: 61% Level up: 61%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 35 whitefox Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I would check the main window sticker to see if the option is listed as an option. If it is installed, it comes with a six month free subscription.
2008 Focus Ebony Clearcoat 2dr SES 5spd
Old 01-13-2009, 04:09 PM   #8
It was all a DREAM!

Fan#: 32545
What I Drive: A magical pony by the name of Sally

Points 11,579, Level 70
Points: 11,579, Level: 70 Points: 11,579, Level: 70 Points: 11,579, Level: 70
Level Up 83% Completed
Level up: 83% Level up: 83% Level up: 83%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 10 LouBomb Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
could always be that window was replaced?

You don't want to miss out this year!
Old 01-13-2009, 07:54 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 512
What I Drive: 2003 Focus ZTS 2.3L PZEV Dark Blue

FF Reputation: 1 Dayna2.3 Good Standing Member
popecko,

You said "I was searching for 6 months for a 5-speed manual transmission Focus, and no one in my area had them!"

Were you not aware that you can order a new car from the factory? You could have ordered exactly what you wanted in the exact color and received all the discounts offered at that time plus any negotiated discounts you might want to pursue. And it usually only takes about 60 days to get the car from the factory. Just a thought.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:59 PM   #10
Focus Addict

Fan#: 4167
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black ZX3 SE MTX

FF Reputation: 3 iantm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
is it a two door or a four door? According to the ford build & price page - the bottom feeder 09 se coupe comes with sirius.
MacBook Pro 15"

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.