Question for Wagon Owners - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 10:38 PM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 58350
What I Drive: 1 2002 / 2 2001 Wagons

FF Reputation: 53 Feral Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Question for Wagon Owners

ok well im curious about something

tonight at work we had 3 Focus Wagons, 2 were the company issued cars for the place I work at and mine

I went out for a smoke break and we started talkin about the Focus's and to my shock one of the Wagons there was a 02 Duratec SE Wagon

Was the Duratec an Upgrade for the cars cuz the Company issued cars were all supposed to be alike and his car is the single oddball he said out of the 190 Focus Wagons HIS was the only Duratec all the rest are Zetecs

How many Wagon owners here have Zetecs and how many Have Duratecs
Personally Ive been looking at wagons for months and I have come across Zetecs only..
I also own 2 Wagons with Zetecs, the neighbours is a Zetec

P.S. Those Duratecs look like a Wiring nightmare under the hoods

My Wagon Rebuild - http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217009
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2008, 11:40 PM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 37274
What I Drive: 2004 Twilight Blue ZTW 2.3L

FF Reputation: 82 Oregon-ized Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I've got an 04 ZTW wagon with a 2.3 Duratec (the "big block" ), and I love it. Smooth and strong, it's a big part of the reason why I'm a Focus Fanatic. You guys with Zetecs (except SVT) and SPIs plow money and time into bolt-ons that might still never match the performance of a stock D-tec. It's an automatic, but that's all right. I mash the gas and fly, slowed only by a moment of lost traction if the tires break loose.
I thinks it was only available in some states (not sure about Canada) and on some models in 2003-04, and after that only on the ST.
ATX Faction #33
Old 11-17-2008, 11:53 PM   #3
Focus Addict

Well this was a White 2002 Focus Wagon SE with Fugly Company Decals on it ( exact same body style as mine ) and it had a Duratec in it (P.S. I live in Canada)

Shrugs :D wait till i get my hands on a SVT to cannibalize and transplant into my 01 Wagon prob is I'm gunna have to find a company willing to one off a SVT Style suspension to fit the rear including getting it beefed up, thats not for a few years tho.. Right now Wagon 2 is getting a replacement engine, Wagon 1 is gunna stay All stock (work/family car)

Old 11-18-2008, 12:07 AM   #4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 37274
What I Drive: 2004 Twilight Blue ZTW 2.3L

FF Reputation: 82 Oregon-ized Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I was kind of uncertain on the engines and models, but FF administrator S2 has a great history of all the Focus models here The Ford Focus - General History and Information. Scroll down to the "Focus Engines Specifications" section for a ton of info. Mainly, I had missed the fact that not all Duratec engines were 2.3L. They were also 2.0L.
ATX Faction #33
Old 11-18-2008, 12:54 AM   #5
Focus Addict

ROTFL I'm lovin this

enyways what i wanna know is what the SE truely stands for cuz i know its not Street Edition cuz I have a Badged SE and a NON Badges SE and neither have any of the options mentioned except this

01 Badged SE
-Power locks
-Bomb equipped seats (Airbag Equipped)
-single cd
-ac
-Zetec Auto
-no Fogs
-manual mirrors
-manual Windows
-No Remote locks
-ABS Equipped
-Aluminum 15inch Dual 5 spoke Rims
-Cluster with no tach

01 Non badged SE
-No ABS
-No Fogs
-Power mirrors
-Power locks
-Power Windows
-Remote lock
-Single CD
-Aluminum 15inch Dual 5 spoke Rims
-ac
-Zetec Auto
-Cluster with no tach

The 02 badged SE Duratec ( this is hilarious )
-Manual Windows
-Manual Mirrors
-No Fogs
-No ABS
-ac
-No Remote locks
-hubcaps with steelies
-tach Equipped Cluster
-am/fm/cassette

Why do they call it a SE ?!?!?! whats so special

P.S. I just found out my unbadged SE is listed with ABS from Ford and the used car dealer yet it does NOT have ABS ( Found out by comparing the fusebox's between wagons)

whats even more funny is ford is comming back that the Unbadged 01 wagon is a ZTW/SE XD this is getting to funny yet my badged comes back as just a SE

Both are marked SE's on there respective Ownerships
Both are harvest gold
Both were built on the same line and shift at the same plant (Wayne)
There 29 days apart Wagon 1 was built first then wagon 2 was built
Both were sold in Ontario
heres my 2 Zetec pigs

Old 11-18-2008, 01:49 AM   #6
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

Points 242,593, Level 100
Points: 242,593, Level: 100 Points: 242,593, Level: 100 Points: 242,593, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Yes, the 2.3 was available in 5 states ( at first) as an option, and came with the 2.3 PZEV motor. WE ordered our wagon and it was an option ( we wanted a 5 speed).
Old 11-18-2008, 07:40 AM   #7
Dumbledore dies?!?!

Fan#: 49496
What I Drive: 05 zx4, 88 rx7 with v8 swap, 69 bug

FF Reputation: 8 TnFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
05 got screwed on the SE lol. Oh well. You should make your foci identical and trick people with em. My parents looked at an 04, and I don't remember if they had the option of the duratec on that one.

7HR BOB-Jacob-gumpcrew #20
Old 11-18-2008, 09:18 AM   #8
Focus Addict

LOL already trying to but to my dismay My dash harness is not equipped to support the feeds for the power windows/mirrors the fuse panel slots are empty so im currently talking with someone with a FOFO being parted to basically buy his under the dash harness with fuse panel

Thing is Ive run across is WILL his 2 door coupe support the 4 door wagon.. if I heard/read correctly the under the dash harness does not in fact control the windows the dash harness just supplies the power to a secondary circut that controls it... plus Im replaceing my steeringwheel with a full black wheel/airbag so I can gain Cruise ( neither of the wagons have it)

x.x not many people are parting wagons I see if there was a wagon being parted I would probably buy the WHOLE car as long as it was loaded

Im also having problems with my clusters plug one of the lever clips broke

now to figure out how to remove the dash
I got the whole interior stripped once to clean the upholstery but never did figure out how to remove the dash which I need to I may do a full color change but I need to find a wagon with accenting colors to the car that Im getting the seats/carpet from Uhg XD i've lost my mind but I guess you can call this a full fledge project wagon

Right now all work on the car has been halted cuz I don't have access to a garage and its freakin cold outside heheh

so I guess it was an option for the duratec in the wagons
I also realized something.. holy CRAP the duratec's are stuffed in the engine compartment XD I was looking for the belt and couldn't find it ( combination of freezing fingers and low light, we gave up heheheh)

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.