Fords Reliability, Consumer Reports - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 11:03 AM   #1
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE HB, 2011 Edge SEL

Points 14,596, Level 78
Points: 14,596, Level: 78 Points: 14,596, Level: 78 Points: 14,596, Level: 78
Level Up 37% Completed
Level up: 37% Level up: 37% Level up: 37%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 45 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Fords Reliability, Consumer Reports

just found this on yahoo!

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...ility-findings

"Ford leads the domestics

Ford's three brands-Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury-continue to pull away from the rest of the Detroit automakers. Almost all Ford models are now average or better, with the exception of some that are truck-based. Excluding those, Ford's reliability is now on par with good Japanese automakers."

pretty cool eh?

ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 12 SE HB ╠╬╝, 2011 Ford Edge SEL AWD
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2008, 12:01 PM   #2
Banned

Fan#: 46063
What I Drive: 2012 black focus titanium

FF Reputation: 37 bdnld4482 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i read this yesterday as well. its great knowing that ford is up there
Old 11-07-2008, 04:33 PM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 59327
What I Drive: 2004 Red Zx3

Points 1,291, Level 19
Points: 1,291, Level: 19 Points: 1,291, Level: 19 Points: 1,291, Level: 19
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 9 NAD23ZX3 Good Standing Member
ford has almost always been the leader in quality of the big 3, give me a 60s dodge/chevy anyday. But after that its all down hill.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:21 AM   #4
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 29,445, Level 99
Points: 29,445, Level: 99 Points: 29,445, Level: 99 Points: 29,445, Level: 99
Level Up 67% Completed
Level up: 67% Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Forum Activity 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%
FF Reputation: 271 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
I wish stock buyers would notice it. Although I'm tempted to put some money in GM because of all the freaks that gravitate towards purchasing their stock if there's a smidgen of a hint that they'll be getting money from the gov.

According to what's going on in politics now, I feel that Clinton/Gore's requirement for the big 3 to produce high efficiency vehicles will return. There was a vehicle produced by each manufacturer which used proven diesel electric powertrain. All worked, unlike the Chevy Volt, and got 70 mpg. Check this thread if you don't believe.

Well, if they had produced these vehicles for sale in the US, then maybe they wouldn't have the situation they did now.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:14 AM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 52834
What I Drive: 2002 Silver/Black ZTS

FF Reputation: 22 Weldman0730 Great Standing Member
Well hopefully with the reputation, sales go up a little for them, althought they could have come out with a fuel efficient car that would compete with higher end small cars(like Audi and BMW 3 series) a little earlier than I think 2010, when the turbo euro version of the focus comes out, and they would be in better shape I belive than right now.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:44 AM   #6
WAFFLEY!

Fan#: 10426
What I Drive: 2006 Fusion SE Midnight Blue

FF Reputation: 11 Waffles ZX3 Kona Sport Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
The Sebring Convertible has the worst score: 283 percent worse than average.
Not only are they ugly as hell, they're also a POS!
Old 11-08-2008, 10:29 AM   #7
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 29,445, Level 99
Points: 29,445, Level: 99 Points: 29,445, Level: 99 Points: 29,445, Level: 99
Level Up 67% Completed
Level up: 67% Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Forum Activity 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%
FF Reputation: 271 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldman0730 View Post
Well hopefully with the reputation, sales go up a little for them, althought they could have come out with a fuel efficient car that would compete with higher end small cars(like Audi and BMW 3 series) a little earlier than I think 2010, when the turbo euro version of the focus comes out, and they would be in better shape I belive than right now.
I think the issues with the car industry would've been alleviated if they had paid attention to their Bibles. Joseph interpreted the dreams of the Pharaoh that 7 years of plenty would be followed by 7 years of famine.

During times of increased income, they should've been looking to save and to prepare for the future. What goes up must come down, and I believe that Ford at least paid some attention to existing problems with reliability and assembly manufacturing issues with the old plants. It's a shame they didn't work towards greater fuel efficiency at the same time. It seems that they must be forced to advance fuel economy by the government or the times.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:12 AM   #8
Focus Addict

Fan#: 52834
What I Drive: 2002 Silver/Black ZTS

FF Reputation: 22 Weldman0730 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
During times of increased income, they should've been looking to save and to prepare for the future. What goes up must come down, and I believe that Ford at least paid some attention to existing problems with reliability and assembly manufacturing issues with the old plants. It's a shame they didn't work towards greater fuel efficiency at the same time. It seems that they must be forced to advance fuel economy by the government or the times.

Well they definatly have the market pull right now, I am driving my 4X4 truck right now because a snow storm just rolled in up here and I cant stand the gas, it costs more right now to keep this truck fed at $2.21, than it did with the focus when gas was at $3.89.

I think this will be good for them though, this cut in profits I mean, they got the reliability worked out, now all they need to do is trim the fat from thier business programs, which they definatly have incentive to do, plus the higher ups will start really looking at how the market is changing rather than just pouring money into soon to become less profitable markets(trucks), the average guy who doesnt need a truck is going to be selling thiers and buying smaller cars. I know my dad already came by an grabbed my focus from me a couple weeks ago, since he lives in Georgia, when I told him I was going to start driving the truck, and he hasnt even started his F150 since.

I think unfortunatly that people are going to loose thier jobs in the Automotive market however, and I dont like that one bit.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.