My next step :D - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 12:54 AM   #1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 57906
What I Drive: 2000 Black Zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Illacy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Talking My next step :D

Hey guys, haven't posted here much but I've had my Focus for a couple months now, just trying to get it to run reliably, and after that running well.

Now that I have that done, I'm planning on moving on to the cosmetics and have already started, so far I've removed the antenna, replaced the dome light with a blue one, painted my side mirrors and door handles glossy black, got a new head unit, subs, tinted windows, and currently working on a new windshield(bought it cracked :/).

So basically I was hoping to just show off what I started out with, and update frequently with my new additions, any tips/suggestions would be great!

just to give y'all a basic idea of what I'm going with I'm wanting a black/blue theme, and have a few ideas to start out but anything else you guys could come up with or help lead me to would be awesome.

So far I'm thinking Black microsuede headliner, some blue fabric to put on the door panels and rear panels (i think? it's right beside the passenger seats), blue led's for the floors and I have no idea how I'll make the black/blue theme work on the seats cuz the only way I know costs ALOT!
but yeah I'm not sure how to do or where to get the stuff up here^^ so if anyone knows could you tell me??

AND finally heres a pic of my car from the start

Here it is while I was painting the handles, the mirrors are still drying as of now so they're not on yet either, oh and I was also going to paint the interior of the headlights

3k in hand!

Hit me up!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2008, 01:21 AM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50501
What I Drive: 2002 Granny Gold ZTS, 94 2.3 Ranger

Points 10,516, Level 68
Points: 10,516, Level: 68 Points: 10,516, Level: 68 Points: 10,516, Level: 68
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 14 trailbikerider Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Those door handles had to be harder than hell to do, especially with wetsanding them and everything. I want to do mine, but I don't know exactly how to take the handles off, and I'm not going to do them while they're still on the car.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:27 AM   #3
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Yeah, it was a pain but it wasn't anything too bad, the mirrors were more annoying with the way it's shaped and all.

The trick to wet sanding the handles is to go ahead and put down the tape, control how much water you're using with a wet rag, and just take your time to get into the hard to reach places

3k in hand!

Hit me up!
Old 10-26-2008, 06:44 PM   #4
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Got the mirrors and handles dried, and they look fantastic!

Has a great shine, and practically stock texture!

Next up is a paint job from Maaco, they have a great special right now, and painting the dash for the blue/black theme, any ideas of what to paint black and what to paint blue?
I'm thinking blue tach cover, the main dash black, the glove compartment black, the part around the radio blue, the cigarette thing blue, and blue door handles

3k in hand!

Hit me up!
Old 10-26-2008, 06:53 PM   #5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50501
What I Drive: 2002 Granny Gold ZTS, 94 2.3 Ranger

Points 10,516, Level 68
Points: 10,516, Level: 68 Points: 10,516, Level: 68 Points: 10,516, Level: 68
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 14 trailbikerider Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Mirrors look great. I'm not sure I like how the texture is on the door handles though. I think that when I get my handles painted, I'll have a professional do them.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:00 AM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 47255
What I Drive: 2004 black ZX3

FF Reputation: 26 silveib Great Standing Member
not a fan of painted interiors but to each his own.... microsuede headliner sounds cool tho

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.