Anyone Tried This Hydrogen Kit To Increase MPG? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 01:25 AM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 6548
What I Drive: 04' Pitch Black SVTF ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 svtfocusmansvt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Question Anyone Tried This Hydrogen Kit To Increase MPG?

I was surfing the web and came across this hydrogen powered kit HYDROGEN KITAnyone tried running this or a similar kit on their rigs and do you actually notice a difference? I am interested in it for my rigs, especially if you see a torque increase.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2008, 01:32 AM   #2
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE HB, 2011 Edge SEL

Points 14,616, Level 78
Points: 14,616, Level: 78 Points: 14,616, Level: 78 Points: 14,616, Level: 78
Level Up 42% Completed
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%
Forum Activity 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%
FF Reputation: 45 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
sounds too good to be true! and chances are that it is, and that it doesnt work, cuz if it did everyone would have it
ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 12 SE HB ╠╬╝, 2011 Ford Edge SEL AWD
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums
Old 09-24-2008, 01:42 AM   #3
Focus Addict

Ive been reading quite a bit about it and it sounds to actually work, but I am still skeptical about it at the same time.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:40 AM   #4
WOOT!!!

Fan#: 49056
What I Drive: 2003 CompOrange SVT 3dr

FF Reputation: 1 LouOrangeSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i wouldnt do it.. the website alone looks sketchy...
Old 09-24-2008, 08:22 AM   #5
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
hydrogen power definitly does work but with this setup I cant really see a sustantial increase in milage.

There are a few out there that are doing SERIOUS work trying to get a fully workable setup to the market... but I've never trusted the guys in the link. I'm a "amatuer hydrogen geek"... me and a buddy have been playing around with it some and we are working onb making our own cell... just to see what we can do.

For some GREAT info go to youtube and search for a user named zerofossilfuel he has done some astounding work.
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]
Old 09-24-2008, 08:30 AM   #6
Banned

Fan#: 55832
What I Drive: 2005 HOK orange zx3

FF Reputation: 14 highrollenzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
way sketchy. there is no way something this complicated could be dumbed down enough for the everyday driver to install it themselves.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:59 PM   #7
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23692
What I Drive: 2003 SVTF, 2003 G35, 2001 Audi S4

FF Reputation: 5 DirtyDeeds Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
The site linked in the first post isn't selling an actual kit, just a guide. Stay away from that site.

The technology does work. I've seen systems designed for semi trucks. I just don't know how much of an increase in mileage could be seen on a typical 4 cylinder gas engine.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:03 PM   #8
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

Points 20,336, Level 89
Points: 20,336, Level: 89 Points: 20,336, Level: 89 Points: 20,336, Level: 89
Level Up 98% Completed
Level up: 98% Level up: 98% Level up: 98%
Forum Activity 56%
Activity: 56% Activity: 56% Activity: 56%
FF Reputation: 53 iminhell Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
When ever I see someone describe a controlled burn (as the internal combustion engine actually does) as an explosion, I always ask myself if they actually know what they are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydeeds
The site linked in the first post isn't selling an actual kit, just a guide. Stay away from that site.
Maybe not directly, but you did read all the way to the bottom, right? Where is has the pricing information and a "order now" button just below the 56 day guarantee (56 days, why not 60 or 90?)

I love the idea of using Brown's Gas to power a car, but i really don't see it taking off or really benefiting besides the money savings. But then what is money vs a lack of water when hundreds of thousands of people start doing this and driving all over because they can do it "free"?
If you read up on the current degradation of the US water tables and aquifers you'll find that there is already risk of our water running out, sooner than oil from what I have read. Now what would happen to that if we started to use water as a fuel for vehicles, the expected run out time would be cut down greatly right?

Like I said I love the idea of "free energy" but the reality of it is there is no such thing. I can use Newton to prove this; Newton's Third Law, the law of reciprocal actions basically states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, in our case with using water as a fuel we would call it a consequence.

The way I see it we can do much more with the current design of the ICE, but you have to improve the thermal efficiency of the engine first. They (who they is I really don't know) generalize and say that the ICE uses about (read: at most) 30% of the heat generated from the combustion process to drive the car. That would mean that there is a 69% window of improvement that can be made (69% because no one has proven that anything can be 100% thermally efficient, adiabatic engine).
Just think what a 15% gain in efficiency could do for a car.
*still space available*
Old 09-24-2008, 07:11 PM   #9
Focus Addict

By the sounds of it people have had issues with the hydrogen making the engine get too hot. (I assume because of the leaning of the engine, due to the brown gas going through the intake and the computer cutting the fuel due to the reading of the o2?) Now if you could use the ice idea and a hydrogen generator that has been perfected (which this site claims to be??????) I wonder how much fuel economy you would gain having both?
Old 09-24-2008, 07:22 PM   #10
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

Points 20,336, Level 89
Points: 20,336, Level: 89 Points: 20,336, Level: 89 Points: 20,336, Level: 89
Level Up 98% Completed
Level up: 98% Level up: 98% Level up: 98%
Forum Activity 56%
Activity: 56% Activity: 56% Activity: 56%
FF Reputation: 53 iminhell Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Again, none. The major flaw in the ICE (acronym for Internal Combustion Engine from here on out) is the thermal efficiency of it. It really doesn't matter the fuel source, your still not going to get the full effect of the heat generated being turned into moving the car. Basically it's just moving from one expensive fuel source to a initially less costly one. The flaws in the engine remain unchanged.
It's not a long term (assessing long term as greater than 10 years) fix by any means, which is where the research should be concentrated on.

One other one you might find interesting is the GEET Engine. I haven't read on it in awhile, watched the video again the other day, but it sounded more promising that most else I had read about. But as "eccentric" as the guy seems, he is written off as a fruit.
*still space available*

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.