07 Sedan in Crash - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2008, 12:08 PM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 57888
What I Drive: 2003 White focus

FF Reputation: 1 dorkchopbrownie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
07 Sedan in Crash

Hey Guys & Fellow Gals,

I just bought my baby back in December and it didn't even hit 8k miles yet and he was in a fender bender... literally.. my front fender is shot. Gotta love 17 y/o with Jr. Licenses that pop a u-turn in front of you.

I'm new to the board and the only thing I've been able to do to my Focus was tint... and installing my iPod in. Has anyone else here had a crash? How was your car after that? It's at the shop right now-i'm still waiting for the estimate. My ins. is going after hers since it was her fault. Here's some pictures of what happened to my little gray...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 54806
What I Drive: 05 se

FF Reputation: 3 cmurdah Good Standing Member
dang man..that really sucks. never wrecked mine or been wrecked. good luck with the repairs and stuff tho
Old 07-22-2008, 12:37 PM   #3
coffee, have some

Fan#: 32799
What I Drive: 2004 TW Blue ZX3

Points 6,453, Level 52
Points: 6,453, Level: 52 Points: 6,453, Level: 52 Points: 6,453, Level: 52
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 53 Mr.Bergner Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Sucks man sorry to see that.

I was in an accident very similar to yours and the damage is very similar as well. I think the estimate was around 1,500 bucks, but mine is an 01 ZX3. My friends body shop and I did all the work and installed a body kit at the same time. So if you're planing on doing a body kit, now would be a great time.

The only thing I noticed is the headlight doesn't align properly anymore. It's off by just a tiny bit. I think it's the shroud or something that's bent just slightly but enough to piss me off. haha. I'll get it fixed soon I hope.

Oh and to focusfanatics.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:42 PM   #4
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing Member Peregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Here's a recent wreck from a fellow FF'er...

Look at their pics and then compare them to yours. It'll make it look like nothing more than a scratch...heh heh

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167286
Old 07-22-2008, 12:43 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 54188
What I Drive: 2009 Sterling Gray SE(RIP 01 SPI)

FF Reputation: 1 Ft_Knox_Focus Good Standing Member
LOL I Hope To Never Wreck Mine I May Go To Prison For Smacking The Person Who Hits Me Senseless!
Old 07-22-2008, 12:45 PM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 48133
What I Drive: 2014 Focus ST2

FF Reputation: 9 '65 stang289 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
sry bro... but on the bright side it looks to only be the front and fender. instead of jacking up ur suspension and wheel/tires
Old 07-22-2008, 12:51 PM   #7
Focus Addict

Fan#: 50565
What I Drive: Black 2007 ford Focus

FF Reputation: 4 joshfink Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
hmmm well myw ife has been in many accidents with my car. lets list some...

Last May we got rear ended... $8000 in damage... unibody bent... they bent it back replaced part of the unibody, the read bumper supports and suspension (no idea why it was fine) repainted the rear doors, quarter panels, new bumper cover and assembly... replaced the floor in the trunk as well...

Then, some 14 year old unlicensed idiot girl decided she wants to drive on private property in the middle of the night and I back out and scrape along her father's Lexus (somehow my fault for that I do not get it... aren;t lights required to drive and being over 16? AND not driving on private property on someone's grass? (I was not on the grass))

Last uhhh february... in 07... wife hit a bike rack on the back of an SUV at a mcdonalds drive thru at 2 am... nice scratch (Ford fixed it for free with the may accident)

This past january... she was pulling into a parking spot.. some retarded old man thought it might be a good idea to open his door into my car... busted my fender (Bought a new one on Ebay painted for $300 looks good too, thanks to Pershing Auto Body in Illinois on ebay)

Thennnnnn in march... she pulls out into traffic in a parking lot and an 85 year old guy comes around a corner through a stop sign and into my car at 35 miles an our in the front... that got me a new radiator, bumper, fender (opposite side form the last one, damn it) head light, supports, etc. AND it killed my alternator which Ford refused to cover and so did the insurance because FORD broke it when they were ripping out electrical system junk so that cost me $507 and I literally screamed at ford. I hate the dealers around here I used a lot of uhhh colorful language.

thats about it. Car still runs good. :-)

All together about $12000 in body work in a year I just need a new car... any donations for those of you who feel bad for me?
Old 07-22-2008, 12:54 PM   #8
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing Member Peregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
^Damn, your car's been through the friggin wringer!
Old 07-22-2008, 12:56 PM   #9
Focus Addict

Fan#: 50565
What I Drive: Black 2007 ford Focus

FF Reputation: 4 joshfink Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Yes it has! But its a good car though. Every body panel has been replaced :) lol. really I am broke I need donations :-( lol
Old 07-22-2008, 01:01 PM   #10
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 57888
What I Drive: 2003 White focus

FF Reputation: 1 dorkchopbrownie Good Standing Member
Actually boys - it's not bro, it's sis. ;)

I looked at the other pics... hoooooooly crap. That was.. uh.. well... pretty bad. BUT goes to prove the Focus is quite the safe car. My seat belt responded like BAM! My ABS did all it could.. although, I'm afraid to see the condition they're in now after slamming on the brakes.

I'm hoping it's only $1500... I mean, it is going through my insurance although the other girl's father didn't want me to go through it since his daughter will probably lose her Jr. license now, but.. oh well. My ded is $1k because I just got my record cleared of an accident I had back in '05 and my premiums are pretty high.. so.. I did the dumdum thing of having a high collision deductible to make my monthly payments lower.

BTW, I hit an '03 VW Beetle. Her airbag popped off on the side I hit. I know that alone is almost $3k in repairs. I used to have a Golf who's airbags deployed for no reason at all.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.