|07-11-2008, 03:19 AM||#1|
Next Generation Focus
I started this because everyone is getting off-topic in the '09 special edition thread.
This is what I would like to see in the next gen Focus:
- Less euro than euro, clean like the SVT, and going back a little to the pre-2008 style You follow?
- Make the stereo easier to upgrade, don't make us replace that whole dash piece
- Clean doors: no side moldings, little or no creases
- SVT style honeycomb upper and lower grills
- Make the taillights smaller for cripe's sake! (on the hatchback anyway)
- Radio antenna that is on the inside of, or built into, the windshield
- No armrest in the center console: that area is for drinks and pocket change
- Deeper cupholders! I don't want to have to hold my soda every time I take a small corner!
A few base models:
- Coupe, sedan, and hatchback
- Keep the economical 2.0L Duratec, with the 2.3L optional
And for the sport edition(!):
- 2.3L Duratec, or even the Mazda Wankel engine (why not? Mazda uses the Duratec!)
- Turbo or supercharged (at least 200HP at the wheels)
- AWD would be SICK
- Lower suspension (a 1" drop is probably good)
- Good sway bars (25mm for the rear)
- Most or all suspension and steering bushings be polyurethane
- Stiffer motor mounts (or make 'em easy to replace)
- Large 4 wheel disc brakes with ABS
- A couple gauges built in below the radio, like boost and oil pressure
- 17" euro SVT wheels (15 spoke)
- A medium sized wing (one is plenty)
- No Chrome, kinda like the Bullitt Mustang edition
- Front bumper lip
- Black leather seats with stitching and inserts to match the body paint, and matching leather shift and e-brake boots
- SVT style foot pedals
A midnight edition of the sport edition would be something to die for!
15.07 @ 93.49
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Team Duratec #149
|Bookmarks & Social Networks|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Introducing the redesigned 2009 Ford Focus Coupe||Tom||General Car Chat Lounge||392||03-31-2009 02:20 AM|
|Even this fOCUS!!!! Jeezzzz!!!!||TORQUERULES||General Car Chat Lounge||22||02-11-2007 11:47 PM|