Stupid Cops - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2008, 12:16 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 47624
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ZX4 5Speed

FF Reputation: 1 Aaronsfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Stupid Cops

Im so mad

Had a really shiitty day at work and drove home a little bit too fast.. Mind you the speed limit on the island where i live is 40km/h! On the whole island!!!

Needless to say i was stuck behind some woman doing 25! Im not kidding, she was doing 25!! WTF... anyways, the rule on my island is, well we only have two cops, so one passed me earlier... once the woman got out of my way i slightly accelerated to about 75.. i know i know sounds fast, but it 's a long and even straigh away.. anyways up ahead i see this car.. and BAM i realize its a cop.. HIT THE BRAKES and i start pullling over before he turns his lights on (he was coming from the other direction!)

Im pulling over waiting for him to turn around behind me and get my papers ready for him. He comes up and asks how fast i think i was going. I tell him hmmm 67km/h (after braking) he's like yeah 68km/h.. almost twice the speed limit. He;s like why.. im like bad day at work and hungry i know there's no accuse.. he goes to do his thing, which for some reason takes 10mintues.. anyways he comes back with a lecture on how he could have ced me big time and given me a $400 ticket. I stay polite and eventually get my $140 ticket.

No big deal, but im so mad... Had a clean record for about 3 years and i knew the cops were very very active on my island for the last while.. i guess i should hit myself here... but i hate cops!! GO FIGHT SOME CRIME!! There's people driving drunk and stoned here all the time...
They're checking speeding and seat belts

end of rant

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2008, 05:25 AM   #2
Bunneh Fanatic

Fan#: 39963
What I Drive: 2008 United Gray VW Rabbit

FF Reputation: 9 mmmoose Good Standing Member
That really sucks. I understand how you feel though. Being stuck behind a slow person and just wanting to floor the gas pedal after they're finally out of the way, to make up for lost time. That's just bad luck a cop happened to be there. On a side note though I don't think you should've admitted to speeding verbally though. Pulling over immediately (before the lights turned on) also made you look even more guilty. Here in the states it's best to keep quiet and play dumb. The moment a cop catches you verbally admitting to speeding is when you'll have no defense left in your argument, if you decide to challenge it in court later on or whatever.

But anyway sorry about your experience. I think we've all done what you did before, but you just got unlucky with the police being there at the wrong time.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:47 AM   #3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 54401
What I Drive: 2008 Ebony CC 2dr coupe SES 5spd

Points 1,961, Level 26
Points: 1,961, Level: 26 Points: 1,961, Level: 26 Points: 1,961, Level: 26
Level Up 61% Completed
Level up: 61% Level up: 61% Level up: 61%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 35 whitefox Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
^^^ What moose said. But, you did keep your cool and stayed polite, which probably saved you a little money. We all do stupid stuff in the most inopportune times, unfortunately you got caught.

Also, when there is not any crimes being committed, cops are looking for something to do - speeding and seatbelts are their first targets.
2008 Focus Ebony Clearcoat 2dr SES 5spd
Old 07-11-2008, 07:07 AM   #4
Capital Obvious

Fan#: 11768
What I Drive: 2008 Redfire Metallic Fusion

FF Reputation: 1 MyBlackST Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Ok..... so the cop is to blame because you were caught speeding? Uhh yea, that makes perfect sense.... If she was doing 25 and your passed her doing 40, you would have still passed her and not have received a ticket. Plus she probably drove right buy you as your were pulled over.... way to save time. Sorry this is a little harsh, but I deal with this stuff everyday.

ST Crew #3
TEAM DURATEC # 7
Old 07-11-2008, 10:37 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53013
What I Drive: 2004 SE in Arizona Beige Metallic

FF Reputation: 1 04FocusInSK Good Standing Member
*Shaking head* Sorry, I have no sympathy for you. Can we all say DANGEROUS DRIVING?!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:16 AM   #6
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 54713
What I Drive: 02RedSVT #306

FF Reputation: 19 Yocrew Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04FocusInSK View Post
*Shaking head* Sorry, I have no sympathy for you. Can we all say DANGEROUS DRIVING?!
What? He was doing a little over 45mph.
Can we all say "BLAH BLAH"?
Old 07-11-2008, 11:26 AM   #7
Infidel

Fan#: 48126
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SE Hatch - Race Red

Points 3,950, Level 39
Points: 3,950, Level: 39 Points: 3,950, Level: 39 Points: 3,950, Level: 39
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 25 Brindfan Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Wait, the top speed on the island is 25mph? The woman was going 15mph, and you were popped for going 41mph?

Fascist laws.
Hatch Nation#61 B.T.T.C.#3 ATX Faction#37 Rocky Mtn. Crew#3
Old 07-11-2008, 11:31 AM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 32351
What I Drive: 2001 Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 focusracer1 Good Standing Member
Never admit to or say anything. I'm friends with a lot of cops and whenever i get pulled over, whether I was speeding or not or know what I'm being pulled over for or not I just get my reg and license out and have it ready for them. I don't even say a word for the most part.

I had a cop try and coerse me into talking about it, I used the infamous Bill Clinton line "I do not recall." He even told me why I'd done it, (I'd been cut off by a car doing about 60kmh{40mph} on the highway doing 100kmh{60mph} I slammed on the brakes shoulder checked downshifted punched it and went around him hitting about 120kmh{75mph} and he caught me.)

Just keep quiet.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:00 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 47719
What I Drive: 2011 Ford Fiesta SE

FF Reputation: 72 ShamrockSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
So, you openly admit you were traveling at nearly twice the posted speed limit, and received a ticket for it?
Now, it seems like you are unhappy with the local traffic laws, IE: the speed limits.
The correct way to handle the situation is to work with your local government to try to get the limits increased.
In the mean time, the posted limits still apply. If you are driving faster than the posted speed limit, you are commiting a crime. The police officer's job is to enforce the law, which you were breaking. you say the cop is stupid? I'm not sure after reading your post just who the stupid one is, but my money isn't on the cop.
Sounds like he cut you a break and wrote you up for a lesser offence. But still here you are on the internet calling the cop who did you favor stupid. How old are you anyway? 15? 16?
Sounds like you got just what you deserved.

This should be your attitude:

Speeding ticket!
Old 07-11-2008, 02:05 PM   #10
PiddlesaurusRex

Fan#: 56009
What I Drive: 2001 silver nakie ZTS

Points 3,200, Level 34
Points: 3,200, Level: 34 Points: 3,200, Level: 34 Points: 3,200, Level: 34
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 26 ImCuteiThink Great Standing Member
you got what you deserved, sorry lol
SEDAN REVOLUTION #109
I <3 BRONCOS
MIDWEST CREW #16
pHeInJiOs

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.