1 Million Dollar Eclipse - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2004, 04:12 PM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 174
What I Drive: ZX3 S2 '01(R.I.P.)- Now Liquid Grey ZX5 '02

FF Reputation: 1 Megamanx907 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Exclamation 1 Million Dollar Eclipse

Yo, today I was in a store and I grabbed a copy of Street cars Mag. And they had on the cover a Million Dollar Eclipse that Mitsubishi made. I was thinking to my self the other day. What happened to Mitsubishi (besides the EVO) they used to have so many nice cars. They still do but they dont have a really high end sports car. The 3000GT used to be that car, the VR4, I think, had somewhere around 325 hp or more, and it was fast as hell. The Eclipse then kinda combined the two, the old eclipse w/ the 3000gt, and then the EVO came back, and now is the fastest mistsu car. But I saw the Eclipse and was like, hmmm 210 hp where as NOW the GAlant can have 235, so that doesn't seem right, they need to make another super car!!!

Well, even though it was a concept, the car really looked like a Ferrari!!! It was HOT!!!! Any one else see this?????

Potenza RE 750 performance tires (205/40/16) Eibach Pro Kit Springs and Pro Dampers, SVT anti-roll kit, Mac Engine Snubber, JBA Shorty Header, Magna Flow Cat-Back, Bosal Flex Pipe, Focus Central Hi Flow Cat, Custom Intake w/ K & N Cone Filter, Focus Trends Ported Throttle Body, Ford Racing Spark Plug Wires, FC Water Crank & Underdrive Pulley, OBX Strut Tower, Altezza Generation 3 Tail Lights, Diablo Sports Revolution Custom Chip, purple Hallogen headlights, Tint, kick ass pioneer stereo.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2004, 06:03 PM   #2
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 8122
FF Reputation: 1 Oh So Focused Good Standing Member
yea i saw it, the problems is car companies are shying away from creative endeavours and making more "practical" cars, notice very very few companies even offer turbo vehicles anymore? i was talking to the head mechanic and head of sales at the dealership the other day and they said it is because of the amount of problems a turbo'd car will have over the course of its life that they wont make them because they want to give larger warrantys to compete with the hyundais and such....
Old 05-24-2004, 06:15 PM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2692
What I Drive: 2003 sangria red zx3

FF Reputation: 1 staticprevails4 Good Standing Member
this is what happens when car companys are losing money and getting close to bankrupcy.

"I'm so poor I can't afford to pay attention."
Old 05-24-2004, 07:25 PM   #4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 174
What I Drive: ZX3 S2 '01(R.I.P.)- Now Liquid Grey ZX5 '02

FF Reputation: 1 Megamanx907 Good Standing Member
I agree w/ the practical cars, but disagree w/ the going out of business!!!! First, practical cars. Yes, Cars as a whole are lasting much longer. 10 years ago the average car lasted maybe 150 to 200, 000 miles. Now a days almost every car, if you give the proper maintanence, will go to 250,000 miles and some to the 500K mark!!!! Turbo cars as you said do not last as long because of the stress a turbo puts on cars, so as a result, no one will give you a good guarentee for a turboed car, so few will buy them. (Except the rich, for example a lamborgini I saw in my Maxim this month costs about 5000 just to maintain ever year!!!! Thats rediculous) Instead we are finding more cars that have Inline 4's and 6's that will put out more power than a V8 engine, have better gas milage, and ultimatly go the distance putting up 200+k miles before dying. This is the future, even though MANY people do not keep their cars long enough to get to this number!!!!

Now for the second part. I disagree w/ the going out of business part. First of all, every business in america, and the world for that matter, is HURTING now, but going out of business??? I dont think the auto makers of the world are going to fall now. They are merging to become larger and more powerful (Mercedes/chrystler for Example) and the largest ones keep getting bigger (GM for example opens Saturn a few years back, Ford does Mazda and Daewoo, and now Toyota opens up Scion) to get more people to buy cars from them. Toyota, I read in an article in wall street journal a few months ago, BOASTED a 1 BILLION DOLLAR PROFIT for last year!!!! That is NET, not GROSS. Meaning, after all money was paid for parts, labor, etc. they had 1 BILLION Dollars!!!!! Not bad if you ask me in a DECLINING ECONOMY!!!!! That is a 1 followed by NINE ZEROs boys and girls. So I really dont think they are going outta business. There are a few company's hurting, but I doubt any will fall in the near future!!!!!

Thats my two cents!!!!

Potenza RE 750 performance tires (205/40/16) Eibach Pro Kit Springs and Pro Dampers, SVT anti-roll kit, Mac Engine Snubber, JBA Shorty Header, Magna Flow Cat-Back, Bosal Flex Pipe, Focus Central Hi Flow Cat, Custom Intake w/ K & N Cone Filter, Focus Trends Ported Throttle Body, Ford Racing Spark Plug Wires, FC Water Crank & Underdrive Pulley, OBX Strut Tower, Altezza Generation 3 Tail Lights, Diablo Sports Revolution Custom Chip, purple Hallogen headlights, Tint, kick ass pioneer stereo.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:54 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3483
What I Drive: SVT-F

FF Reputation: 1 MaximussSVT Good Standing Member
well, mitsubishi might go bankrupt, ford is worth 164 Billions dollars, GM I think 200 Billion and wallmart is number one which is 240 billion dollars. so those little car companies have no chance even getting a glimpse at verizon wireless.

Ali.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:16 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3301
What I Drive: Pitch Black 01 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Blurry ZX3 Good Standing Member
this one? will be out by 2006
Old 05-24-2004, 10:20 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7036
What I Drive: '01 Infra-Red ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 budzen Good Standing Member
yea.. the 3000GT was really nice...... now its just the EVO and... Spider :(
Old 05-24-2004, 10:29 PM   #8
Focus Addict

Fan#: 715
What I Drive: 02 liquid grey zx3

FF Reputation: 1 inline_engine_lover Good Standing Member
Evolutions own VR4s hands down.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:33 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3301
What I Drive: Pitch Black 01 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Blurry ZX3 Good Standing Member
i like the galant vr4s, those were sleepers..
Old 05-24-2004, 10:34 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 8181
FF Reputation: 1 hitthewall Good Standing Member
That eclipse you saw was a concept car (which is why it was so expensive....its more expensive to make one car than one million). It probably wont be put into mass production. I read the article on it in Super Street.

RIP 03 ZX5

----98 EK hatchback----
b18c, Omni Power titanium valves, springs, and retainers, AEBS intake manifold, Spoon 70mm TB, J's Racing Carbon Intake, HKS adjustable Cam gears, Spoon Exhaust manifold, Spoon lightened flywheel + organic clutch kit, Spoon Bseries baffle oil pan, Honda HAMP oil filter, Mugen valve cover, spoon resivoir covers, PJDM carbon radiator shroud, PJDM triple point strut bar, TOP FUEL b+c pillar bar, PJDM X bar, Omni Power coilovers, Omni Power LCA's, spoon lower tie bar, Full Race traction bars, Spoon SW388's with 205/45/15 bfgoodrich Gforce Sport's, CTR headlights with retrofit HID's, CTR front and rear bumpers, JDM thin side moldings, spoon carbon duckbill wing spoon carbon front lip.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.