Question for 2008 Focus drivers w/SYNC - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2008, 10:03 PM   #1
Subcompact Fanatic

Fan#: 43017
What I Drive: 1997 Ford Aspire White

FF Reputation: 9 DURATECoftheDesert Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question for 2008 Focus drivers w/SYNC

I have made a video on youtube.com about the Virgin Mobile Super Slice and I mention in the last part (I think) about me saying that my phones bluetooth MIGHT not be compatible with Microsoft SYNC. Although I can't really test that theory for myself, I was wonder if anyone owns a Virgin Mobile Super Slice that has got it working with your Microsoft SYNC?

Heres the URL link to my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsU_1d6LyHE

I want to see if it its compatible with sync so that I can address to a couple of youtubers that PM me about it being compatiable with sync.

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2008, 10:21 AM   #2
Subcompact Fanatic

If no one knows I totally understand, I was just seeing if SYNC is a universal utility with any bluetooth phone..
Old 02-18-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 52132
What I Drive: 2004 Subaru Forester XT

FF Reputation: 8 gkovalick Good Standing Member
I have a Nokia 6085 and I can't get the stupid thing to pair up as well. I did get it to pair up with my enV though, only reason i wanna get it workin is because of that new law out for PA that you must have a hands free set to drive. i could care less but if i get pulled over for that, im makin my company pay my fine.

fyi check this site out

http://syncmyride.com/Own/Modules/Co...blePhones.aspx
Old 02-18-2008, 12:42 PM   #4
Subcompact Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkovalick View Post
I have a Nokia 6085 and I can't get the stupid thing to pair up as well. I did get it to pair up with my enV though, only reason i wanna get it workin is because of that new law out for PA that you must have a hands free set to drive. i could care less but if i get pulled over for that, im makin my company pay my fine.

fyi check this site out

http://syncmyride.com/Own/Modules/Co...blePhones.aspx
That is exactly what I want to see, thank you gkovalick!
Old 02-18-2008, 02:27 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53338
What I Drive: Tuscani, cbr 600rr, 08 ses coupe

FF Reputation: 39 Patron Great Standing Member
my lg tu500 works perfectly minus voice txt msging
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2008, 06:15 PM   #6
Subcompact Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patron View Post
my lg tu500 works perfectly minus voice txt msging
As I was reading the link from a person provided me, I saw that most of the popular phone cannot read SMS TXTing which it's pretty dumb as a matter of fact. So how are you going to help people become handsfree if your going to have this number of popular phone get half ass features to pair with SYNC.... Cuz from what I read the iPhone (Not that I really give a crap about the phone) cannot read SMS; and if your going to have all the function abilitys of SYNC then your better off buying a motorola RAZR..... BUT...... Not the samsung Katana.

lame as crap.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:50 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 52132
What I Drive: 2004 Subaru Forester XT

FF Reputation: 8 gkovalick Good Standing Member
yea thats what i though, makin my company switch my providers and phones just so i can use it, haha, its not that i care if i have sync, i just want them to have to get the phone i like. other than that your basically screwed with a selection and better off getting a blue tooth head set.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:41 AM   #8
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 46744
What I Drive: 2008 Ice Silver SES - All Upgrades

FF Reputation: 1 xolite Good Standing Member
I understand the fustration with phone support using sync, i am using a blackberry 8130 and it works great except text messaging support. However i am confident that ford will put pressure on microsoft to find a solution, sync can be updated by a flash/thumb drive from the vehicles USB port. I am sure as time goes by, and more updates are released more phones will be supported. Check out http://www.howardforums.com/ ( Cell phone resource ) and by reading you will see exactly what the challenge is to support all phones.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:53 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53720
What I Drive: 08 VB SES 2d/99 Mustang/86 F150

FF Reputation: 6 Archion Good Standing Member
I'm new here, but I figured I could reply to this one. My iPhone has some occasional issues pairing. It turned out to be the 1.1.3 firmware update. My friend has sync in his Fusion, and his phone is still 1.1.2 and works perfectly. When wy phone will keep the pairing, it works great. My girlfriends Samsung a-900 works fine. Bluetooth is a universal technology, but usually universal means it wont fit...lol. I have found over the years that the culprit is usually the phone and the phones software/firmware controls for bluetooth when there are pairing issues. Just my 2 cents. Oh and Hello All!! Just pick my Vista Blue SES A/T up Saturday.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:08 PM   #10
Subcompact Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkovalick View Post
yea thats what i though, makin my company switch my providers and phones just so i can use it, haha, its not that i care if i have sync, i just want them to have to get the phone i like. other than that your basically screwed with a selection and better off getting a blue tooth head set.
If ford wants to really impress me with there random crap that half of the people probably cannot use, I would force them to put a super nintendo in my focus..... then I will be like "Awesome!"; Though I could probably do that on my own.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.