Scion tC or Altima Coupe? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2008, 12:46 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44270
What I Drive: 2008 altima coupe

FF Reputation: 1 aja123fo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Scion tC or Altima Coupe?

I'm getting a new car in the next week or so, I have been doing a lot of research and test drives in the past few days and have narrowed my search down to two cars. Like the title says, I'm looking at a 2008 scion tC and a slightly used nissan altima coupe 2.5 (2000 miles on it). I have managed to get both vehicles down to virtually the same price but I am having trouble deciding between the two.

In my mind they are both great cars, but the altima is the base model and doesnt come with a lot of options, while the tC comes standard with a few more bells and whistles. I really don't know which to get so I thought I'd pick your brains and see what some of you might choose.

THANKS!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2008, 01:03 AM   #2
Hiyadoin'

Fan#: 48389
What I Drive: 2004 Infrared SVT, EAP #1440

FF Reputation: 9 stivo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I have a 2000 Altima with 140K miles on it and it runs great. I have done a lot of maintainence, but it's still solid and averages 25mpg.

The scion... eh. it's ok.

I like the altima personally, but a few bells and whistles do go a long way... power windows, a nice stereo, etc. If you take passengers frequently then I would go with the 4-door altima.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2008, 01:38 AM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 30675
What I Drive: 2003 Comp Orange Svt

FF Reputation: 3 isaac_in_tx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
agree, ive ridden in a couple tc's and they are ok, but altimas feel a bit nicer.
ATX Faction #25
ZETEC Crew #75
Old 02-14-2008, 01:48 AM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stivo View Post
I have a 2000 Altima with 140K miles on it and it runs great. I have done a lot of maintainence, but it's still solid and averages 25mpg.

The scion... eh. it's ok.

I like the altima personally, but a few bells and whistles do go a long way... power windows, a nice stereo, etc. If you take passengers frequently then I would go with the 4-door altima.
Both have power windows and good stereos...the only options that the tC has that the altima coupe doesnt have are a sunroof, alloy wheels, and stereo controls on the steering wheel (i know I'm weird, but that's a big plus for me haha). Everything else is pretty similar. My family has owned a 4-door altima a few years ago and we were very satisfied with it. Although I'd be getting the 2-door, I just feel like for the same price, it's a lot of car for the money. I still love the tC though....ugh this is hard!
Old 02-14-2008, 01:52 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

and if anyone is interested: FS: 2003 Focus SE Sedan $7500
Old 02-14-2008, 02:05 AM   #6
Thou shall fear me!

Fan#: 50808
What I Drive: 2009 Scion tC

FF Reputation: 27 thisdude_05 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
I say go with the Scion TC
Old 02-14-2008, 06:02 AM   #7
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,933, Level 98
Points: 27,933, Level: 98 Points: 27,933, Level: 98 Points: 27,933, Level: 98
Level Up 59% Completed
Level up: 59% Level up: 59% Level up: 59%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 271 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Nissan is the Ford of Japanese autos IMO. They suck gas compared to others, have reliable power that lasts through the life of the engine, and are tanks in accidents. I've seen Nissans I'd approve of riding in or driving after a light accident- whereas I've never seen any other Japanese vehicle that can survive a hit. Case in point- 94 Nissan Sentra vs 89 Ford Taurus in a head on collision. The Sentra had already been hit once in the front and repaired with one compromised crumple zone, it got an offset collision with a Taurus going downhill at about 10, we were going about 10 or better- the guy I was riding with in the Sentra hit the gas instead of the brake. The Sentra still drove, but the Taurus was DOA- nearly caught on fire due to the passenger air bag, a problem common to those cars. Luckily for the Mexican driving it- I knew about that problem and shut off the ignition. The guy who drove the Sentra ended up driving it for a few more months, maybe longer.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:25 AM   #8
Focus Addict

Fan#: 43536
What I Drive: '07 Scion tc coupe

Points 3,134, Level 34
Points: 3,134, Level: 34 Points: 3,134, Level: 34 Points: 3,134, Level: 34
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 NintendoSkater Good Standing Member
Scion TC, its more sporty
Old 02-14-2008, 07:53 AM   #9
puddins betch

Fan#: 28587
What I Drive: 05 ,ZX3, blue

FF Reputation: 3 sir alpha Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
nissan they have been around longer and have a good idea what they r doing plus they dont die they just run forever

ALFRED NEWMAN for prez!! maaan
Old 02-14-2008, 08:03 AM   #10
!FRENCH FRY!

Fan#: 31168
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda3 Skyactiv

FF Reputation: 8 stoopidsteve87 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir alpha View Post
nissan they have been around longer and have a good idea what they r doing plus they dont die they just run forever
ah, true on the surface. but the scion truly is just a rebadged toyota.

though i really like the looks of the altima coupes. and the tc is everywhere. for me, with two cars being dead even, that'd win me over. the altima is still the new thing, lol.
Gump Crew #11 / Team Duratec #196
THE Blazin' Copper Hottness of the South

!FRENCH FRY! - The Stop Light Destroyer
Taylor Swift Crew(TSC) #2

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.