OMFG salespeople and dealerships.... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2008, 03:30 PM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 39759
What I Drive: 02 Explorer 4.6L, 02 CBR600 F4i

FF Reputation: 8 Sid03SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Angry OMFG salespeople and dealerships....

So my fiancee is looking for a car, and we've decided its going to be a slightly used Toyota Yaris, so I get to do all the leg work, and i find a few and call the dealerships to get info heres what happens:
dealer 1: 2007 yaris - silver 5spd, cruise, ABS, pw, pl etc. 1,760miles 12,995
since this is the first car I've found, I decide to check on some others...
dealer 2: 2008 yaris - black 5spd 967miles 12,975
I wanted more info about the black one so i call the dealer, and the sales person i get aparently is a moron, or a sleezy loser that would sell his own mother. It turns out the black car does not have cruise control & ABS, so he is going to "look at what else they have and get back to me" since CC and ABS are important to me, I say "ok" and when he calls me back he tries to sell me a new Yaris instead of a used one, i tell him im looking for a slightly used one:
1.) he told me you can't get a yaris "in this region" with cruise control
2.) he told me its better to buy a brand new car, because used cars lose thier value once you drive them off the lot (as apposed to new cars right?)
3.) a new yaris will hold significantly more value than a used one (umm what?)
4.) recants statement 1, and says you cant get a 2007 Yaris with cruise control. (oh really swan?)
5.) after telling him about the used one I've found that has everything he attempts again to persuade me into a new car (which is $2,000 more than the used car) by telling me some BS about the milage thats already on the used car, at this point i politely said "no thanks" and "goodbye"

so basically yeah...that guys is a waste of carbon atoms, H2o and whatever else goes into making up a human being...... needless to say I will not be buying a car from them, new, used, or other....

don't know how? click on the number next to "FF Reputation" and add a comment
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2008, 03:36 PM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1515
What I Drive: 06 Dodge Ram, 02 TL1000R

FF Reputation: 1 RobsRedRacer Good Standing Member
that sucks...unfortunately there are people that are like that...and the thing is some people think they're not lieing and actually buy from them....its like when i went the ford dealer and was looking at some F-250/350's cuz i want a diesel, one of the salesman was walking around with me and was trying to tell me that the f-150's come in diesel too...they have those people in all dealerships unfortunately
Zetec Crew #195
Old 02-06-2008, 03:36 PM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 42415
What I Drive: LG ST

FF Reputation: 1 jwh172 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
most salespeople are brainwashed to tell you that. "buy this car. it can benefit you way more than that car." i hate going to the dealership because i always feel like i am getting scammed. maybe it's just this area

Old 02-06-2008, 03:37 PM   #4
Gan-San!

Fan#: 1411
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 5 focusonthefocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
hear hear!

Focus on the Mountain
Old 02-06-2008, 03:50 PM   #5
!FRENCH FRY!

Fan#: 31168
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda3 Skyactiv

FF Reputation: 8 stoopidsteve87 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
yeah, i had a stupid experience the other day. go to the dealership, drive around the block twice hoping to park somewhere other than directly in front of the salesmen, lol, but have no choice but to pull in and park. get out, start heading to service, and of course he spots me...heading over...i tell him from a distance as i'm walking i'm not interested, just heading to the service department. i think my words were something along the lines of "just heading to service, don't need an upgrade today" and of course he responds with something like "yes you do, check out the new body style" lol, doesn't sound too bad reading it, but it was the way he came across, and then later trying to get me when i came back out. i go to this dealer for most of my service as their just a few blocks away, and every salesman that starts coming my way always seems sleezy. idk, there's just something even worse about the guys from this particular dealership...they truly do seem sleezy, the few i've encountered. ugh!
Gump Crew #11 / Team Duratec #196
THE Blazin' Copper Hottness of the South

!FRENCH FRY! - The Stop Light Destroyer
Taylor Swift Crew(TSC) #2
Old 02-06-2008, 03:59 PM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17483
What I Drive: '02 Sonic Blue SVTF

FF Reputation: 4 superchop Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid03SVT View Post
5.) after telling him about the used one I've found that has everything he attempts again to persuade me into a new car
Funny thing is that i always thought that salesman made lots more money from used cars then they did from new ones.

But yeah...before buying my focus i went to look at VW's and since the conversation ended up in the salesman learning that i was really interested in an R32 (although way above my price range) he tried to sell me that and when i told him i was more interested in a Golf Tdi or a Focus, the salesman went on about how the Focus was a POS and yadda yadda yadda and that the Tdi is a very rare car and that noone has any (yet i spotted a few at another dealership...just didn't have the options i wanted). Needless to say i felt VERY uncomfortable and I wanted to leave immediately.

Sucks that we all have to put up with this but the bright side is that it's our decision to walk out of the dealership when things turn for the worse.

Ryousuke Takahashi
Old 02-06-2008, 04:05 PM   #7
#chairlife

Fan#: 31282
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE Sport 5 Spd

Points 20,160, Level 89
Points: 20,160, Level: 89 Points: 20,160, Level: 89 Points: 20,160, Level: 89
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 43 Duffman355 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
as long as you are an educated consumer, they can't get away with that crap.
ST Crew #11
Official Mayo Hater #1
Randomie's Lover #8
Focus Takeover #013 / Tarbo Fan # 001
Old 02-06-2008, 04:05 PM   #8
Focus Addict

Fan#: 39759
What I Drive: 02 Explorer 4.6L, 02 CBR600 F4i

FF Reputation: 8 Sid03SVT Good Standing Member
LOL that R32 TDi Focus comment reminds me of when i went to a Subaru dealership... I wanted to test drive WRX, and they didnt have any in stock, but they did have a 2007 STi left-over; they tried to sell it to me, even though:
1.) it was out of my price range...like way out..
2.) it was a sedan and i told them i wanted a hatch
3.) they wouldn't let me test drive it, even with a salesperson in the car
I refuse to buy a car i havent personally driven, so maybe i dont hate dealerships, in fact i just hate all the people at the dealership and in the service department, i mean, the dealership is just the building, and what did the building ever do to me?
don't know how? click on the number next to "FF Reputation" and add a comment
Old 02-06-2008, 04:08 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53289
What I Drive: Ford

FF Reputation: 1 FiaCobra Good Standing Member
To be honest, most suck. Just purchased my used DD Focus from a dealer in NJ. I got the car at a very good price because it was hit 3x (thanks carfax) in the front but the airbags never deployed. I really checked the car over (no structual damage), but it did have some issues. All the rims are shot and the check engine light was the kicker. That light enabled me to really get the car dirt cheap as you can't get an inspection with the light on. Turns out it's just an EGR problem. The car was sitting too long on their lot and i knew it. They wanted $6900 when they 1st got the car, then marked it down to $4900, then $2900. I offered $1500 and he took $1700 for it. The kick in the nuts was this "Dock fee" of $239. Being from NY, i never heard of such a thing. I told him it was a shit thing for him to do AFTER we agreed on a price. Told him i felt as if he's trying to me and i wasn't too damn happy. Of course he was back peddling the whole time saying it's a law and blah blah...to that i said "That's why i hate you guys, always hiding shit".

Dealers really do suck for the most part.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:12 PM   #10
Focus Addict

Fan#: 51304
What I Drive: '02 Yellow ZX3

Points 4,034, Level 40
Points: 4,034, Level: 40 Points: 4,034, Level: 40 Points: 4,034, Level: 40
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 6 PlasticRacer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (19)
[QUOTE=stoopidsteve87;1958913]. get out, start heading to service, and of course he spots me...heading over...i tell him from a distance as i'm walking i'm not interested, QUOTE]

I can picture that happening. Dealer see's you and gets up and starts walking over, dealer:"Hey hows it going." you: "No thanks"

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.