The Focus saga..its bad. - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 06:50 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 52754
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Acclaimed Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The Focus saga..its bad.

I bought my zx3 from eBay in December. Its a used 01 and I figured there would be some small issues. I have had this car for a month and only drove it twice.

The problems I've had are amost funny. First, the title took 2 weeks to get here. Second the title and bill of sale was not notarized by the seller. I called the seller and told the guy I bought it from I am going to forge his name because I have waited so long to get the tags for the car. He was cool with that so we did so. A friend of mine is a notary so he just samped his seal on it and did the title for me. He made a mistake with the milage and we took it to the plate agency. I then had to take it back and get a new paper signed by both parties. (The seller lives in IL, I live in NC). I had to forge his name again and pretend he was around to have done that. Finally after a week I got the tags.

The valve cover gasket needed to be replaced. I started school again in January and had to leave the Focus back home while waiting for the above mess to be figured out. So when I was home I would tinker on it here and there. I live an hour and a half away so I didn't have much time. I fixed the gasket one weekend and had planned to bring it to school the next. Apparently I missed one of the plugs when putting the cover back on because it started running like crap and skipping alot. I asked around the forums about rough idles and did my research for about 2 days. I expected the worse, but come to find out I had just not connected one of the boots. Geez.

I bought new rotors for it and planned to do them all myself. A friend of mine helped me do the front and we got new Brembo OEMs all the way around for the car. We got to the back and the bolts holding the caliper WOULD NOT budge. We beat, hammered, WD-40'd, kicked, and cussed. It just wasn't moving. I was pissed off to think I'd have to pay somebody to replace something so easy but I didn't have a lot of time. While I was at work my mom dropped the car off at a place we have delt with for a while and figured would be reasonable. The bill was freakin $100 dollars. That was money I was going to use for wheels, suspension, a body kit, all kinds of stuff. Oh well, I'll deal with it.

When my mom picked the car up she heard a loud CLANK! sound. She drove it around a little and it was making all kinds of noise. She took it back up to the shop and mentioned it to them and the looked at it and 2 coils of the springs had broken off. I'd like to go ahead and get a new suspension kit but I just had not planned on spending that right now, but now is the best time. So now the car is still sitting up there and I have to go back to school, without the car. This has been the most aggrivating experience ever.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2008, 07:00 PM   #2
Illest.... <3

Fan#: 50780
What I Drive: 2002 French Blue SE

FF Reputation: 7 NCedillos Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Must have been for you to write all of that lol. I hope that you get everything straightened out.
Sedan Revolution #68
~SOTM OCT 08~ROTM NOV 09
Old 01-21-2008, 07:27 PM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 28484
What I Drive: 2002 Yellow ZX3

Points 1,756, Level 24
Points: 1,756, Level: 24 Points: 1,756, Level: 24 Points: 1,756, Level: 24
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 15 Obocecha Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
That sucks but I'd consider you somewhat lucky at this point. Some fellow focus owners have gone through much worse.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:33 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 32
What I Drive: HIS:90' Accord / HERS: 02' SE sdn

FF Reputation: 12 BigDaddyZ Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Check the recall notices. There was a recall for breaking springs on northern state cars that they salt the roads in the winter (illinois). You might get fixed for free at a ford dealership if you can prove that it came from Illinois. I have an 02' they replaced both front springs for free.

SPRING INTO FOCUS 06' 1st Place Loser BEST SEDAN OR WAGON
Old 01-21-2008, 07:39 PM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 30328
What I Drive: 02 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 horsePOOGAS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
^^ I would agree...
Old 01-21-2008, 09:13 PM   #6

Fan#: 38279
What I Drive: vehicle

FF Reputation: 7 razorrik Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
yes most indubitably ^^^^^ lol,,hey its probably spelled wrong,,but im no english major,,
Old 01-22-2008, 01:41 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 52754
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Acclaimed Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
From the looks of the wheel well there looks to be like some kind of accident or something got ran over. The side skirt is wrinkled and the plastic that is screwed to the well is cracked. There is no body damage. The salt helped the rust finish off the spring, I will agree with that. I sprung for an SVT suspension kit. I wanted to do that anyway, it just sped up the process. Plus it was only $250 bucks. I can do that. I was expecting 6-800 bucks.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.