Anyone else notice this... kinda irritates me - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2008, 10:30 PM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 48133
What I Drive: 2014 Focus ST2

FF Reputation: 9 '65 stang289 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Anyone else notice this... kinda irritates me

Ok... im sitting here kinda bored so i decide to go to Ford's website to build and price an 08 focus outta curiosity, and the stupidity hits me. First thing that kinda bugs me is the SES model is limited to half of the colors.... so in order to get say a vapor silver model you get stuck with the SE. Ok not a big deal cause the se model has an upgrade package that gets you some extra options such as the 16" wheels. Now im not entirely sure if this "Deluxe" package is included automatically with the SES model, but even if it is, what is the point of getting the SES model if you get a limited color selection, and can basicaly get all the same options in the SE and other colors.

OK second pet peeve. I like leather seats, got em in my 07 and love the look and headted surfaces. Cant get those in the SE... only in the SES. So here we are with that limited color problem.... again.

Sooooo basicly the whole point to this mindless rant is that there is basically no point what so ever in getting the SES from where i stand after messing around with the build and price. Especially if the only differece is the leather seats. Not that im complaining, i mean techically all this means is that i can spend less money and get the same thing if not more in the end... i just find it really really stupid that ford is such a PITA about getting exactally what you want in your car.

here are the options in the deluxe package... if anyone who bought an 08 SES can put my mind at ease, please let me know if these are included or not.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2008, 07:04 AM   #2

Fan#: 38279
What I Drive: vehicle

FF Reputation: 7 razorrik Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
yeah i made a statement way back about the limitations on the car and somebody told me i was crazy there were all kind of options... 2 body styles,limited exterior color,and internal colors and options,not very optional to me., its a very restricted car in my opinion.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:23 PM   #3
Focus Addict

the big thing is that the major options are an all or nothing deal. i can almost guarentee that there are some things inlcluded in some of the packages that i can do w/o. and i sure as hell dont want to pay for something that i could end up removing in the first place... i.e. those chrome fender vents. Im still not sure if i like those or not.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:59 PM   #4

Fan#: 38279
What I Drive: vehicle

FF Reputation: 7 razorrik Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
i know i dont like them,,they just dont go with the car.i think if theyd left them off it would have made the car a little more appealing.and i like the ideal of a coupe,,i just wish theyd have been a lil more creative and gave it a more sporty look.and with a 2 body style i really wish theyd have gave it more add on exterior and interior options.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:54 PM   #5
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 26,806, Level 97
Points: 26,806, Level: 97 Points: 26,806, Level: 97 Points: 26,806, Level: 97
Level Up 46% Completed
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
that was a complaint of mine. Its like they made the SES the special model, like the ST was..which only came in 4 colors....but um I'm sorry Ford the SES is no such car.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:40 PM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 38939
What I Drive: 2001 Silver ZX3 5spd

FF Reputation: 4 EvilGenius Good Standing Member
What drives me nuts is in the earlier model foci (dunno about more current ones). Is how the steering wheel is offset from the driver. Like I'd sit in the driver's seat and look directly ahead. The entire driver's side dash. Gauges, steering wheel, everything is offset slightly to the left and points just a little to the left. Drives me insane.

No, my focus has never been in a wreck.
"Living in the present sucks! We no longer live in the golden days of old, where people had morals and knew the value of a hard day's work... Nor do we live in the future, where there are no morals and everyone has tons of really cool gadgets."
Old 01-10-2008, 10:24 PM   #7
Retired Focus Addict

Fan#: 18779
What I Drive: 2013 5.0

FF Reputation: 49 Ripped_06_ST Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
The ST was limited to only four colors... But wicked colors though.
ST Crew #16
Think adoption before buying, give a needy animal a loving and caring home!
Old 01-10-2008, 11:19 PM   #8
Focus Addict

^^ definately agreed.... and of course it had the 2.3. the SES colors are nice but u can get em in the SE. in the end i just cant see my self paying the extra money for it when i can get everything in the SE. I just cant understand what ford was thinking when making the trim levels. you would honestly think that they would add something else to it like... i dunno... the 2.3 or maybe make the sync system exclusive to the SES. i mean come on if your gonna market a high end model of the focus give a reason to actually want it.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:56 AM   #9
Retired Focus Addict

Fan#: 18779
What I Drive: 2013 5.0

FF Reputation: 49 Ripped_06_ST Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
I agree they did some stupid crap to the 08's however, they are looking at the bigger picture than just what us Focusfanatics are looking at. Tell me how often you see a raced out Focus on the road compared to how many there are that are msotly stock that the person drives for the economical standpoint? There are probably 10+ stock foci out there to 1 modified one. They are shooting for whats going to net them more funds.

Good for them bad for us FF'ers.
ST Crew #16
Think adoption before buying, give a needy animal a loving and caring home!
Old 01-11-2008, 01:00 AM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44766
What I Drive: 02 SVTF

Points 722, Level 14
Points: 722, Level: 14 Points: 722, Level: 14 Points: 722, Level: 14
Level Up 22% Completed
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 8 jdiaz Good Standing Member
screw it all then. just get the new gtr

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.