CRASHED the focus :( - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2007, 12:51 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29184
What I Drive: 2003 black zx3

FF Reputation: 1 swimmerdude123 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Thumbs down CRASHED the focus :(

I lost control in the rain last night when i was trying to turn. Instead my car decided to make friends with the curb and now my passenger side front wheel is pushed towards the back of the car past the wheel well. I'm assuming the entire assembly will need repairing.

Start taking guesses as to how much AAA will give me as an estimate:
I need the RF suspension assembly, 17" aftermarket wheel replacement, quarter panel bodywork, front bumper repainted.

I find out tomorrow what the estimate will be (although so far nobody from insurance ever calls me back so I always end up having to call them)

As a sidenote, I installed SVT suspension...what do you think insurance will do about that since only one is messed up...this of course is all assuming that the damage doesn't cost more than the value of my car ($4-5000)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2007, 08:24 AM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 42533
What I Drive: 2006 zx3, silver

FF Reputation: 4 bschanz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
insurance adjustor's jobs are to save money for the company. don't take their estimate as a final product. have a ford collision center look at your car and write up an estimate and then go to battle with the insurance co for additional repairs. your insurance company is there to take your money and pay as little as possible to get your car back o nthe road so they can continue taking your money, and possibly more of it because now you have a claim.
just stand your ground with the company and make them do what is right for the car. Good luck..
Ben
Old 12-21-2007, 08:36 AM   #3
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 28,893, Level 99
Points: 28,893, Level: 99 Points: 28,893, Level: 99 Points: 28,893, Level: 99
Level Up 33% Completed
Level up: 33% Level up: 33% Level up: 33%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 271 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Agreed- that's part of the reason that you're having problems getting service. Very few insurance companies are quick to resolve claims. If you've ever been in the military, or if your father was in the military you can get USAA insurance. USAA does not behave like other insurance companies when it comes to claims. They cost as much as State Farm in my area, but I'd pay more just for the service.

It's your responsibility to get an estimate from a body shop. I would tell the body shop about your situation with the wheels and suspension, but DO NOT tell the insurance adjuster. That could void your insurance, or at the very least they will use that as an excuse to lower your estimate.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:58 AM   #4
Obama Can't Gymkhana

Fan#: 36697
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 86 BMW E30, 10 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 62 WUGcatsvt Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Sux I hate driving in rain after my accident
gumpcrew#10
Gulf Coast Region #12 - Me-45 DSP
My Girl-451 DSPL
Old 12-21-2007, 09:48 AM   #5
GoKart and Me!!!

Fan#: 49277
What I Drive: 2K5 ZX4 SEt (ATX) French Blue, Met

Points 73,703, Level 100
Points: 73,703, Level: 100 Points: 73,703, Level: 100 Points: 73,703, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 119 CJohn364 Excellent Standing Member CJohn364 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Dude, that sucks. A lot of Foci are crashing recently. I hope my luck holds out. *knock on wood*
Sedan Revolution #61 / NW Posse #2
FF Moderator
Member Rules
Buy-Sell-Trade Rules
Complete 'How-To' Archive
General Racing Thread Rules
Old 12-21-2007, 10:09 AM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 32830
What I Drive: 2006 Chevy HHR 2LT

FF Reputation: 15 karguy427 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmerdude123 View Post
I lost control in the rain last night when i was trying to turn. Instead my car decided to make friends with the curb and now my passenger side front wheel is pushed towards the back of the car past the wheel well. I'm assuming the entire assembly will need repairing.

Start taking guesses as to how much AAA will give me as an estimate:
I need the RF suspension assembly, 17" aftermarket wheel replacement, quarter panel bodywork, front bumper repainted.

I find out tomorrow what the estimate will be (although so far nobody from insurance ever calls me back so I always end up having to call them)

As a sidenote, I installed SVT suspension...what do you think insurance will do about that since only one is messed up...this of course is all assuming that the damage doesn't cost more than the value of my car ($4-5000)
That's actually the FENDER you damaged. The QUARTER PANEL is the area that surrounds the REAR wheel. Give me a PM. I can recommend a few good body shops in the "OC". The Auto Club should be able to cover your SVT suspension pieces. Contrary to other advice listed here DO tell the appraiser what you have - it won't cause any trouble with your insurance. Otherwise, he'll only 'OK' the stock parts.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:25 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29184
What I Drive: 2003 black zx3

FF Reputation: 1 swimmerdude123 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
<UPDATE>
Spoke with insurance today but the person handling my case won't receive the estimate until after Xmas. He told me that I can have me tell him not to have anything done until I find out how much everything is going to cost and how much they will pay for. So until wednesday I will be waiting. I'm thinking I will probably have it fixed at the dealership anyways since I don't want to have to tow it elsewhere unless anyone has a better plan of action LMK!

Thanks for all the advice!
Old 12-21-2007, 09:00 PM   #8
Focus Addict

Fan#: 38939
What I Drive: 2001 Silver ZX3 5spd

FF Reputation: 4 EvilGenius Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by karguy427 View Post
That's actually the FENDER you damaged. The QUARTER PANEL is the area that surrounds the REAR wheel.
Front and rear quarter panels/front and rear fenders. They're the same thing.
"Living in the present sucks! We no longer live in the golden days of old, where people had morals and knew the value of a hard day's work... Nor do we live in the future, where there are no morals and everyone has tons of really cool gadgets."
Old 12-21-2007, 10:03 PM   #9
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 44202
What I Drive: 2000 InfaRed Zx3

FF Reputation: 27 1stTimeFocus00 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Good luck with the focus and yes alot of people have been crashin their focus. Whyy?
Zetec Crew #152
United States Army
Old 12-22-2007, 12:59 AM   #10
Focus Addict

Fan#: 47255
What I Drive: 2004 black ZX3

FF Reputation: 26 silveib Great Standing Member
my focus has been rear ended 3 times..... and once my little brother backed it into a pole... 4 accidents... not even 4 years... none my fault

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.