drove a c30 today - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2007, 08:03 PM   #1
i wear no pants

Fan#: 26970
What I Drive: '11 OBP WRX Sedan

Points 32,001, Level 100
Points: 32,001, Level: 100 Points: 32,001, Level: 100 Points: 32,001, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
drove a c30 today

so i am in san diego at the moment and my buddy and i were bored and we decided to go drive the c30.

i called south county volvo to see if they had a manual one and we headed down. we were in my buddies GT so i got to drive the c30.

we show up and they have about 5-6 on the lot. we picked a v2.0 with a manual and quite a few options. didnt have leather, moon roof, nav, and some other small things. but it had 18 inch wheels.

the salesman goes into the dealership to get the key. we start examining the car.

this is the first time i'd see one in person and let me tell you....car is freakin gorgeous! the flow...its perfect. the exterior is just soooo clean and amazingly subtle and nice. i was infatuated at this point. i was curious to drive it.

the guy comes back with the key and hands it to me. we head out. first thing i notice is that R is in the complete opposite place of the SVTf tranny. which kinda freaked me out...but i adjusted quickly...clutch was nice...firm yet not harsh.

o and 4 wheel disc brakes!

i start adjusting things to get them where i wanted it. turned the headlights and fogs on and everything. turned the radio on (had the upgraded sound system btw) start playing with the endless cubbies and holes. etc.

we head out down a nice long stretch away from the dealership and i get ON it. pedal all the way down...car just launches and stays planted. no torque steer but the power delivery is sooo smooth. i slide it into second and i immediately notice that the shifter isnt as crisp and precise as my car (svt with sts, no counterweight and 2 motor mounts) but it was there and i could find every gear without a problem. the gearing seemed very similar in the lower gears but the higher gears were longer and made for better freeway cruising.

meanwhile the guy didnt say a word in the backseat.

anyway. i continue to put the car through its paces. pedal down a lot of the time. rev matching while downshifting and not braking as i usually would going into corners. however the car responded incredibly well.

it did not waver in corners. it wanted to be driven hard. every time i shifted it hard it just lurched forward...there was no nose dive. it stayed planted in corners and the brakes were responsive but not overbearing.

the steering was incredibly crisp and the handling seemed very civil. i didnt notice a hint of either under or over steer. which was really nice.

the car doesnt have a bench in rear which was awesome to me. the rear passengers would be in as much comfort as the front passengers.

we enter the 5 south. going up the on ramp i am behind a truck doing about 40...im in second gear at about 3000rpms. i get a bit of room. hit the blinker and mash the gas. the car just puts you in the seat. it pulled all the way to 6500 which was where i chose to shift. i run 3rd all the way out and we are almost to triple digits. i immediately shift into 6th as i didnt want a ticket driving a showroom car. but we are still doing 75+ and the car feels like we were barely moving.

it felt so at home on a bumpy southern california roadway it was unbeleivable almost. the ride was incredible not harsh at all. the seats were amazingly comfortable and the driver position was impeccable. everything was at your finger tips without being too cluttered to make it hard to drive and enjoy it.

we head back to the dealership and i really get on it. slight clutch drop at the light and the car immediately gets traction. i chirp second as i pull hard on the shifter. grab third and immediately we are MOVING. the car just was amazing to me. it didnt have any problems taking what i threw at it. it was calm and composed.

i am very impressed with one. i am working on saving for a second car. i was going to buy something a bit cheaper. but i think that i will save a bit more for a bigger down payment and get myself a nice c30. these cars really impressed me...

i just wanted to give you guys a shake down of the c30. this is my experience with one today and i love it. i will own one no doubt.

o im not getting rid of teh turtle. i will be keeping it. it is my baby. but i need something more composed and finished to drive everyday. also something with a warranty.

also volvo offers a program where you can go to europe and pick the car up and drive it over there for a couple days while on your vacation. which is exactly what i think i will do. enjoy guys.

remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2007, 08:12 PM   #2
Turbo!!!!

Fan#: 33699
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Sonic 1.4 Turbo LTZ

FF Reputation: 30 WitchCitySVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I love the C30. The difference from the 1.0 to the 2.0 suspension is amazing. Next year. I hope.

2003 Competition Orange SVT *Revived*
2012 Black Sonic 1.4 Turbo LTZ
Old 11-23-2007, 08:21 PM   #3
i wear no pants

Points 32,001, Level 100
Points: 32,001, Level: 100 Points: 32,001, Level: 100 Points: 32,001, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 6%
FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
ya...it was a nice and firm suspension.

i figure i need 15000 to put down to get one in the trim i want with the options and down payment i want....eek. but i shall have that car....omg

witchcity...check this site out
http://www.heicosportivna.com/mainfr...lang=en&e1=495
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:28 PM   #4
GreyRice WOoT!

Fan#: 25991
What I Drive: GI, '07 zx3 LG

Points 33,254, Level 100
Points: 33,254, Level: 100 Points: 33,254, Level: 100 Points: 33,254, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 53 Klondike Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (26)
damn reading your day with it makes me want one, i saw it at the autoshow this year and i love how it looks, i think i may own one as well one day, we will see tho, i wish i could drive one tho!!
Velveeta Lover Shell#1
LOTH 00!
Old 11-23-2007, 08:30 PM   #5
Hiyadoin'

Fan#: 48389
What I Drive: 2004 Infrared SVT, EAP #1440

Points 2,595, Level 30
Points: 2,595, Level: 30 Points: 2,595, Level: 30 Points: 2,595, Level: 30
Level Up 97% Completed
Level up: 97% Level up: 97% Level up: 97%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 9 stivo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
sounds like a nice car! That one's on my short list as well.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:53 PM   #6
Umm, nothing

Fan#: 3341
What I Drive: 03 Black ZX3, 09 F150

Points 4,821, Level 44
Points: 4,821, Level: 44 Points: 4,821, Level: 44 Points: 4,821, Level: 44
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 7 Onlyford4me Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I first saw pictures of that car here I believe. I've loved it ever since. I'm kind of curious about it, I might go test drive one as well come to think of it.

"Government is not the solution to the problem; government is the problem."
Old 11-23-2007, 10:00 PM   #7
i wear no pants

Points 32,001, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 6%
if you have the chance definetly drive one...

drive a v2.0 tho. the suspension is supposed to be better and it has more options.

get after one!
Old 11-23-2007, 10:04 PM   #8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I am torn on the C30...given its the closest we're ever going to get to a MkII ST here stateside, but I don't really care for all the luxury fluff or the higher pricetag that comes with it.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:09 PM   #9
Turbo!!!!

This is so me.

Old 11-23-2007, 10:12 PM   #10
Turbo!!!!

I like this too.

HEICO SPORTIV
C30 T5 2008 257 HP / 280 lbs/ft

Those numbers are just with a tune.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.