Heads Are Gonna Roll - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2004, 11:38 AM   #1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 495
What I Drive: 2008 VW GTI 2006 Ford Explorer LTD

FF Reputation: 1 blackandgold Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Heads Are Gonna Roll

Well as some of you know i had a thread a couple weeks ago about how my car was dented at the mall and my wife and I actually saw the incident happen and was able to get the person to not move away from the parking spot. So we called the pop and they said they were too busy to come and i was able to get the insurance info from the lady. Well as it turns out the car she was driving was a company car. She had 7 people plowed into a Grand Prix and she was driving without a license and really not to my surprise she is denying that she dented my car at the mall. So i took the situation into my own hands and called the company who owns the car. Well to no avail this guy treats me like a dick and believes the story that she told them ( she told him that my wife and i waited for her to come out of the mall and then accused her of denting my car). So this guy and i had it out and he said mail me the police report and estimate($340 ... under my deductible of $500 which makes this a pain in the ass for me)So i call the police dept. and they said they can't make a copy of the report because it was Accidental that she dented my car ...WTF so now i have nothing to prove that it happened and they won't take my wife as a witness to seeing it happen. God i love insurance companies they take and take and when it is time for them to come up and help you they hide under a rock. And well the police all i can say is that they are living up to their stereotype. Sorry guys just had to rant .

^ what the hell is that supposed to mean, you quote me and then put down some american eagle sh**
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2004, 11:43 AM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1171
What I Drive: 02 Focus ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 fast5 Good Standing Member
thats pretty bad! Sorry man.
02 Focus ZX5- FC race headers, AEM Intake, Bosal FP, Bosal exhaustw/ DTM tip, FC pulleys, B&M short shift, Superchips, FR Stage 2 cams and cam gears, Sound system w/subs, SVT F&R seats, 1.6 drop, power slot rotors w/greenstuff pads, ZEX Wet kit w/purge, 17,s ridin' clean, SVT front bumper, Wings West sides & back clip
--Never Underestimate--
Old 05-11-2004, 11:43 AM   #3
Mtn. Dew

Fan#: 101
What I Drive: 2013 Taffeta White Civic Si

Points 15,945, Level 81
Points: 15,945, Level: 81 Points: 15,945, Level: 81 Points: 15,945, Level: 81
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 45 Lil_RedZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
That really sux!
Old 05-11-2004, 11:48 AM   #4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 5226
What I Drive: 02' Liquid Grey ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 spikNspan DAN Good Standing Member
I saw you go punisher style on her and her company. If noone else will help you then take matters into your own hands! j/k, that might not be such a good idea. You should keep pestering the cops for the report, they have to help you out somehow!
Old 05-11-2004, 11:59 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4172
What I Drive: 2004 Focus SVT (Yellow), 2003 Honda CBR 600RR (Yep, she's yellow too!)

FF Reputation: 1 gwalshe Good Standing Member
Small claims court!!
Old 05-11-2004, 12:01 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3261
What I Drive: 2003 Mach 1 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 Elementa Good Standing Member
the cops were to busy? doing what? sitting on their ass in their car waiting to catch someone speeding.... a lot of good they are...
Old 05-11-2004, 12:05 PM   #7
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 495
What I Drive: 2008 VW GTI 2006 Ford Explorer LTD

FF Reputation: 1 blackandgold Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by gwalshe
Small claims court!!
That is what the cops told me to do next i wonder what that is going to be like
^ what the hell is that supposed to mean, you quote me and then put down some american eagle sh**
Old 05-11-2004, 12:06 PM   #8
Focus Addict

Fan#: 262
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2006 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 GonFishin Good Standing Member
if it was an "accident" then there should be an Accident Report that you can get your hands on. Simply because YOU reported the accident to the police means that a report was filed, either electronically or on paper, and YOU can get a copy of it (the lady or business on the other hand would have to work through a mediator, or lawyer to obtain a copy). I'd call a accident (not injury) lawyer and ask for advise (advise is free). I think it's illegal to deny you a copy of the report you filed. Keep on these people and get your money.

Hope you didn't buff the other car's paint off...you'd need to prove it was her vehicle that hit your car for any of this to be useful. Usually paint color is enough to scare the insurance people because if they make you get a chemical analysis to match the paints up, and you were correct, they have to pay for the lab costs (which can add up to much more than $400). They don't like this course of action because it looks bad on them when proved wrong...it's cheaper to them to just pay you.

Oh, and if you have to hire a lawyer to represent you, sue for court costs and cost of representation...if possible ask for punitive damages for your lost time and stress.

You may decide that it's better to just pay for this and dust it off your shoulder...it's hard to find a lawyer that'll represent you for less than $500, but they're out there.

2006 Mustang GT / Intake / Exhaust / Tune
roughly 290rwhp & 315rwtq
Old 05-11-2004, 12:40 PM   #9
CKA
*~*

Fan#: 2313
What I Drive: '02 ZTS/'99 Explorer/'13 Fusion

FF Reputation: 74 CKA Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (24)
Wow! Shitty Bad luck, sorry dude and hopefully a miracle will happen. Good luck to ya!!
Old 05-11-2004, 02:04 PM   #10
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(

Fan#: 493
What I Drive: 02 PWorks SVTF, 2014 Subaru Outback

Points 37,070, Level 100
Points: 37,070, Level: 100 Points: 37,070, Level: 100 Points: 37,070, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 4 avengerc4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
sorry man that blows! goodl uck1

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.