New Saturn Vue - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2007, 02:57 PM   #1
Banned

Fan#: 45523
What I Drive: '04 CD Silver SVT ZX5, #328 of 1079

FF Reputation: 53 shepski Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
New Saturn Vue

Not a class of car in which I have the slightest interest, but I just returned home to see a brand-new black one parked in my apartment complex's lot.

I've got to admit that the fit-and-finish is extrememly impressive. The exterior looks as tightly assembled and flawless as a Lexus, and the interior looked gorgeous and absolutely of VW/Audi quality. (THAT'S what happens when you just let the Euro wing of your mega-corporation handle the design and production of your cars.)

This is in stark contrast to the Limited Edition Edge I just saw in a Ford showroom (which already had the SYNC system, so much for the Focus "exclusive"). While the Edge looked hot inside and out (the limited had red-on-black leather seats and red stitching all about), it still somehow reeks of lower quality.

Same would go in a new CTS vs. any Lincoln comparison.

I've long been a GM hater, but just who is going to continue buying these junky U.S. Fords?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2007, 03:06 PM   #2
Umm, nothing

Fan#: 3341
What I Drive: 03 Black ZX3, 09 F150

Points 4,821, Level 44
Points: 4,821, Level: 44 Points: 4,821, Level: 44 Points: 4,821, Level: 44
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 7 Onlyford4me Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I never thought I'd ever hear myself say I liked GM either, but the last 7 or so years, they have turned it around a lot if you ask me. I keep getting more impressed every year with GM. I had one minor complaint - they discontinued the Monte Carlo. Maybe they are doing a redesign and are finally going to make it rear wheel drive :)

"Government is not the solution to the problem; government is the problem."
Old 10-20-2007, 12:15 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyford4me View Post
I keep getting more impressed every year with GM.
All it takes is one car guy with a strong personality at the top (like Bob Lutz) to turn it around.

Ford should hire ME.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:47 AM   #4
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

Points 145,305, Level 100
Points: 145,305, Level: 100 Points: 145,305, Level: 100 Points: 145,305, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%
FF Reputation: 50 sleepyboy Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Or hire me. then you will be driving a 09' ford falcon with optinal 260hp v6 380hp I6 turbo or 400hp 5.4 v8 ah but sadly I must wak up from my dream. I hate to so it too but gm has turned around for the better while i keep seeing ford making bad mistake after bad mistake. take for instance everybody complains about NVH in the new stang's v6 wich only puts out 210 hp and it a 4.0! while every other car company that has a motor that big make at least 250hp they should put there new V6 in there it make 263hp or are they scared that they will draw sales away from there the V8 midel I don't know but that is just one example. Just like the focus does'nt have any performance model now while every other car maker is now comming back out with sporty models even nissian is comming backout with SE-R while we will be stuck with NO PERFORMANCE model not to mention no hatch back. The whole reason why I got my focus was becasue the ZX3 had all the better options on the base model such has the better motor of the two(this is back in the day I know they made more like the svt and duratecs but this was before them). the qauilty of Gm cars is getting beter and better not to mention the soon to be switch to rwd cars again. Ever wonder why BMW never made front wheel drive car? (besides the mini which is under mini brand anyways) ok this is getting long look like to touched in on a subject that has been on my mind for a while.

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 10-20-2007, 07:05 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50113
What I Drive: 2001 bright blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 5 greenZX10 Good Standing Member
You think the Vue is well built???? What are you smoking?? UNLESS they have really upgraded the thing since 05, then it's the same rattly, flexy, junky GM product I've always known. Has it been changed? The 05 I drove flexed in the body so much that you could hear the door seals rubbing against the body, there was all kinds of wind noise, the seating position was awful, and the thing just plain sucked. It had the well known cheap GM feel that all the magazines talk about.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:50 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenZX10 View Post
You think the Vue is well built???? What are you smoking?? UNLESS they have really upgraded the thing since 05, then it's the same rattly, flexy, junky GM product I've always known. Has it been changed? The 05 I drove flexed in the body so much that you could hear the door seals rubbing against the body, there was all kinds of wind noise, the seating position was awful, and the thing just plain sucked. It had the well known cheap GM feel that all the magazines talk about.

It's a brand new model made by Opel in Germany - no the plastic-paneled rattle trap of 2005 (that's why the title of this thread is "NEW Saturn Vue"). Coulda saved yourself a little rant by doing a quick search. ("2008 Saturn Vue" would do.)

http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtest...ue-xr-awd.html

See? Only similarity is a wheel at each corner. Sheesh.

I guess I shouldn't take it for granted that everyone here is a "car guy" (or gal) and knows what the hell is up in the automotive world; the above response as well as the recent thread with spy pics of the "all new 2009 Mazda 3" have proven otherwise...

EDIT: I re-read your entire thread and see that you put the caveat "UNLESS..." So, to answer: yes, the thing has been entirely changed. Dramatically. If I was a little snotty in my response, it was due to, "You think the Vue is well built???? What are you smoking??" which put me off. I know quality, and don't smoke anything.

My point for even starting this thread was to emphasize that Saturn is doing exactly what Ford should be doing (and DID with the MKI Focus): get it's damn cars (and, in this case, cute-utes) from Europe. The decision makers HERE obviously can't interrupt their tee times enough to learn and build what the hell people WANT in a car.

Granted, these improvemennts and levels of quality get reflected in much higher sticker prices, and that's probably the rub regarding the Focus. But what's the excuse for the Fusion, Edge, "Taurus," "MKZ," etc.?
Old 10-20-2007, 11:03 AM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50113
What I Drive: 2001 bright blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 5 greenZX10 Good Standing Member
Save your painfully dry dissertation for someone who wants to hear it. I questioned if the thing was perhaps new, just answer the question next time, OK? You are correct....I am NOT an automotive enthusiast, I am motorcyle enthusiast/roadracer, as my screen name suggests to anyone who knows anything about bikes. We have a car model in common, that's it.
I aplogize for the "what are you smoking" comment, you're right, it was unecessary, but also only stated in a joking kind of way actually.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:21 PM   #8

Fan#: 20623
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3, 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R 636

FF Reputation: 105 Algorhythm Excellent Standing Member Algorhythm Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenZX10 View Post
Save your painfully dry dissertation for someone who wants to hear it. I questioned if the thing was perhaps new, just answer the question next time, OK? You are correct....I am NOT an automotive enthusiast, I am motorcyle enthusiast/roadracer, as my screen name suggests to anyone who knows anything about bikes. We have a car model in common, that's it.
I aplogize for the "what are you smoking" comment, you're right, it was unecessary, but also only stated in a joking kind of way actually.
Wow that was douchebag post of the year.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:15 PM   #9
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 26,111, Level 96
Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algorhythm View Post
Wow that was douchebag post of the year.
Oh like you've never posted any db comments before

in 2005 GM almost tanked....they picked themselves up, pulled their head outta their asses and are now designing awesome cars.

Ford almost tanked.....they are still crawling on the ground with their heads in their asses SLOWLY doing things to turn around.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:46 PM   #10

Fan#: 20623
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3, 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R 636

FF Reputation: 105 Algorhythm Excellent Standing Member Algorhythm Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
Oh like you've never posted any db comments before
Oh I know.

I know a db comment when I see one, coming from an expert.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.