'92 Prelude...? + more than I thought I would write - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2007, 07:51 PM   #1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 43232
What I Drive: 04 EAP ZX5 SVTF

FF Reputation: 31 BlackJack03 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
'92 Prelude...? + more than I thought I would write

Just saw this online...really, really close to my house, and engine swap or not, I'd say he's asking too much for it.

linky dink

Also what do you think about a Prelude? I've always admired them and thought they were kinda cool, but never really known much about 'em.

You probably see my other thread about looking for a beater...well, unfortunately I'm also trying to decide if my car is worth keeping or not. It's...I mean it handles well, and that's cool, but...it's been like a slow, ongoing series of problems that have been just bad enough to really keep me from loving this car while simultaneously slowly driving me up the wall. It's just an OK car, and it gets me where I'm going, kind of fun to drive, but sitting in it it just doesn't feel like an awesome, fun car. It feels like I'm sitting...well, I'll be honest, it feels like I'm sitting in a grandma car. It really does. It just doesn't have that cool, fun, compact car feel to it. And I suppose that's what attracts a lot of people to it...but when I'm driving a car, I want to feel really cool...I mean, you know what I mean? I want to get into my car and feel like I GOT INTO A CAR. I want to feel like I'm laid back, down inside a machine that fits right around me with a seat and seatbelt that hold me in place, and I will admit, I want people to look at the car and think...man, that is a really cool looking car. I don't want it to be blatantly obvious or blatantly cool...I want it to be like...wow...that's really stylish. With my Focus, people probably do think it looks cool, but...like I said, I'm not in love with it! I want to be in love with my car!!!

Haha, wow this thread turned into something totally different but apparently I had to let it all out.

If you've had a different experience with the Focus, well...great. I am really happy for you. I hope you've had the experience you've had with the Focus that I had with my first car.

I'm also sure there are other people out there feeling how I feel about this right now. And if you are, well cool.

I guess I need help in deciding what the hell I should do with my freakin car situation. Time is ticking by and I really need to do something.

I think what I'll end up doing is de-modding my car, selling the performance parts and then selling the car. You might want to watch for my stuff.

I need opinions please!!! Haha Focus owner in need here!!!

Advice please......

Advertisement

Old 10-18-2007, 08:02 PM   #2
Subcompact Fanatic

Fan#: 43017
What I Drive: 1997 Ford Aspire White

FF Reputation: 9 DURATECoftheDesert Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well techically Honda Preludes are now considered to be rare cars, when they were replaced by the S2000.

I know a person's son at the job that I go to, He bought a Prelude for 11,000 dollars. Who ever had it really took care of the car; it has custom everything, Lamborghini door hinges, It's been moddified to the max except for a turbocharger.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:15 PM   #3
Umm, nothing

Fan#: 3341
What I Drive: 03 Black ZX3, 09 F150

Points 4,868, Level 44
Points: 4,868, Level: 44 Points: 4,868, Level: 44 Points: 4,868, Level: 44
Level Up 59% Completed
Level up: 59% Level up: 59% Level up: 59%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 7 Onlyford4me Good Standing Member
I think I would definitely test drive it first to see how it runs. If it runs right, 5000 is an ok price in my opinion for that car.

"Government is not the solution to the problem; government is the problem."
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2007, 08:25 PM   #4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17635
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Hatchback SE

FF Reputation: 2 MVent Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I wouldn't ever get a Prelude. With the motor swap, the HP an TQ are only a few higher than stock and I run over Preludes all day long. They most definitely look cool but I've never seen one that was all that fast.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:28 PM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 38939
What I Drive: 2001 Silver ZX3 5spd

FF Reputation: 4 EvilGenius Good Standing Member
Yeah, in good condition those are pretty nice cars and are still worth quite a bit of money.

The H22s are pretty good motors. Not very fast stock, but it usually doesn't take too much to wake up a honda motor. I/H/E should do a pretty good job.

I'd take one over my focus given the chance if I didn't need the versatility of the hatchback.

If you decide to get it, please god get some new wheels for it.
"Living in the present sucks! We no longer live in the golden days of old, where people had morals and knew the value of a hard day's work... Nor do we live in the future, where there are no morals and everyone has tons of really cool gadgets."
Old 10-18-2007, 08:43 PM   #6
GreyRice WOoT!

Fan#: 25991
What I Drive: GI, '07 zx3 LG

Points 33,296, Level 100
Points: 33,296, Level: 100 Points: 33,296, Level: 100 Points: 33,296, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 53 Klondike Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (26)
theres a few around here, neat looking car, fast, meh....not really, my d20 can pull em off the line, and ALL of em are LOUD AS HELL!!! no reason for that, dunno i say test drive it and if you like it go for it!
Velveeta Lover Shell#1
LOTH 00!
Old 10-18-2007, 08:46 PM   #7
GreyRice WOoT!

Fan#: 25991
What I Drive: GI, '07 zx3 LG

Points 33,296, Level 100
Points: 33,296, Level: 100 Points: 33,296, Level: 100 Points: 33,296, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 53 Klondike Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (26)
also he did a lot of work to the engine, dunno if he knows it all or not, possibly, but it may be shot in a few thousand miles, just be careful
Velveeta Lover Shell#1
LOTH 00!
Old 10-18-2007, 08:54 PM   #8
Focus Addict

Fan#: 38939
What I Drive: 2001 Silver ZX3 5spd

FF Reputation: 4 EvilGenius Good Standing Member
From reading the link.

It sounds like he bought a JDM long block and just dropped it in. A lot of people do this who have the money to. Its expensive, but the motor is basically remanufactured and resold. A lot easier to do that than to have to find all the parts of the motors in junkyards or from autozone/o'reillys/napa/dealer/etc. and rebuild.

From what I understand they're basically as good as a brand new engine from the factory depending on who they got it from.
"Living in the present sucks! We no longer live in the golden days of old, where people had morals and knew the value of a hard day's work... Nor do we live in the future, where there are no morals and everyone has tons of really cool gadgets."
Old 10-19-2007, 12:01 PM   #9
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 43232
What I Drive: 04 EAP ZX5 SVTF

FF Reputation: 31 BlackJack03 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Yeah and I'd be fine with a stock Prelude. Or a stock whatever. I think I just wanna get out of my Focus for now. Wish I would have gotten a hatch initially...
Old 10-19-2007, 12:04 PM   #10

Fan#: 1358
What I Drive: a car

FF Reputation: 70 HaveBlue83 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
H twenty toooooooo.......clean looking car I guess....I wish that version had the front end of the newer ones.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.