she was dissin american car... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2007, 01:02 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 34525
What I Drive: a black ass st

FF Reputation: 1 UB!! Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
she was dissin american car...

ill try to keep this short...i would like to hear yalls opinion after i tell my story......so last night i was a party....this girl was tellin me about her job....she does advertisment for cars in the Greensheet (its a classified\advertisment paper...i dont know if its called something else somewhere else)....she says she know all the the dealerships in houston yada yada yada....i say hey you get a good deal on your car .....she says yea.....ok now i ask her if i am lookin for a car what are some good tips for getting a good deal....so we kinda role played.....she asks what kinda car would i like to get...i say sport sedan....something big and fast.....she says like what....i say SRT-8 charger (i loved the car until the conversation).....she was disgusted and the conversation takes a turn....i jokinly say...ITS GOT A HEMI ...then she said...do you know who john hemi is....so i run to get my friend who knows his cars and definetly dodges....so they get into an arguement (oops )....they both say dont get a dodge and she says dont get an american car...i told her i have a focus ST and she says 'whats wrong with it'...(implying that its a piece of shit cause its american made)...i said not a damn thing with 50000 miles ....that shut her up .... when they were arguing i jump in and say what about focus rs maybe in 2010 they both say ford ....i couldnt argue with that....i said GTO....she rolled her eyes....they praised inline six on the supra and skyline...he talked his 68 (i think) trans am when pontiac was not owned but GM at the time....i could not say much more because i do not know nearly as much about car as they do..

...........IF YOU DID NOT READ THE TOP, ITS COOL YOU DID NOT HAVE TO...BUT IT SETS UP MY QUESTION..... are there any MODERN american cars (aside from the corvette) that could have been mentioned in that conversation that could have get her a run for her money?........oh by the way...the good deal she got for knowing people is a 07 Legacy GT 2.5...which would be my number foreign car so she has got taste in my opinion......plus your opinions will help my research in the future for looking for a car

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2007, 01:28 AM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 25399
What I Drive: Black 07 ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 1 back in black Good Standing Member
Cadillac CTS/STS are both amazing cars, both for looks and performance. Why didn't they like the Charger? It looks way more badass than any crappy foreign car and it would blow the doors off a 2.5L Legacy any day. I also think that the Pontiac Solstice is one of the nicest vehicle designs right now period.

You say that she was a big time car person, but I think the fact that she blindly hates American cars says a lot about her.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:36 AM   #3
Detailing Freak

Fan#: 30258
What I Drive: .

Points 16,420, Level 82
Points: 16,420, Level: 82 Points: 16,420, Level: 82 Points: 16,420, Level: 82
Level Up 14% Completed
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 23 MattZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
personally, i would have said a viper... but thats just me, and if she didnt like the viper answer, then shes got something wrong up in her brain...

svt lightning another good choice.. svt cobra... lotus elise...
Old 10-15-2007, 01:41 AM   #4
Scuba Edition

Fan#: 34537
What I Drive: 2006 Liquid Gray ST (Scuba Edition)

Points 3,508, Level 37
Points: 3,508, Level: 37 Points: 3,508, Level: 37 Points: 3,508, Level: 37
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 20 MightyMouse Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewstetz View Post
personally, i would have said a viper... but thats just me, and if she didnt like the viper answer, then shes got something wrong up in her brain...

svt lightning another good choice.. svt cobra... lotus elise...
The Elise is a European car.
ST Crew #32
FocusFest 2008 and 2009 Fastest NA, 2009 Fastest FI Runner-Up, and 2008 Bracket Winner
Old 10-15-2007, 01:43 AM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 25399
What I Drive: Black 07 ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 1 back in black Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewstetz View Post
meh, I'd stick with attainable cars, even though the Viper is pretty freakin sweet!
Old 10-15-2007, 02:52 AM   #6
Umm, nothing

Fan#: 3341
What I Drive: 03 Black ZX3, 09 F150

Points 4,821, Level 44
Points: 4,821, Level: 44 Points: 4,821, Level: 44 Points: 4,821, Level: 44
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 7 Onlyford4me Good Standing Member
If it were me, I don't think i'd have even carried on the conversation further than when she said yuck to American cars. I have no patience for people like that.

"Government is not the solution to the problem; government is the problem."
Old 10-15-2007, 03:02 AM   #7
Focus Addict

Fan#: 18038
What I Drive: 2004 Ford Comp. Orange SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 5 FocusInAlaska Good Standing Member
Snob

-noun

1. a person who imitates, cultivates, or slavishly admires social superiors and is or overbearing to others.

2. a person who believes himself or herself an expert or connoisseur in a given field and is condescending toward or disdainful of those who hold other opinions or have different tastes regarding this field: a foreign car snob.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't worry to much about people like this...
Old 10-15-2007, 03:30 AM   #8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
Points 11,708, Level 71
Points: 11,708, Level: 71 Points: 11,708, Level: 71 Points: 11,708, Level: 71
Level Up 15% Completed
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Ford GT...
Old 10-15-2007, 04:32 AM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49769
What I Drive: 2002 Dblue zx5

FF Reputation: 1 Muhaha2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyford4me View Post
If it were me, I don't think i'd have even carried on the conversation further than when she said yuck to American cars. I have no patience for people like that.
Couldn't agree more.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:34 AM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21158
What I Drive: 2006 Focus ZX5 Liquid Grey

FF Reputation: 1 Andy04180 Good Standing Member
I agree with Onlyford4me, I wouldn't have carried on that conversation. I have nothing against cars no matter where they came from. I prefer the Classics over most of the newer cars none the less. But i'm not gonna turn my nose up at something because it's from america or somewhere else. Each are unique in there own way. You have to appreciate them for what they are or what they can be. Just my .02 Thanks for reading.
Exterior Mods: 17" Motegi DP12 rims, 5% Tint, Silver Focus Fanatics decals
Entertainment:
Performance:
Team Duratec #70

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.