Car Accident, And more of a reason for me to hate Hondas - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2007, 04:22 AM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 49278
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 Midnight_DevilX Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Angry Car Accident, And more of a reason for me to hate Hondas

Well, I was cruising down Military (one of the main streets in San Antonio) tonight and some jackass in an accord was trying to race me, I kindly declined.

He then decides he wants to cut me off while I'm going 40MPH and have to slam my brakes and then stop at a light a little farther up.

As the light turns green, he takes his precious, precious time driving...going about 20mph down a 35. I then decide that I am going to go around him. I put my blinker on, pop into second and speed up to about 40. I assume he thinks I want to race after doing this, and decides to cut me off...and it's not just any old regular honk and flip the bird while you yell profanities in your car so no one can hear type of cut off...no, this is a 2 inches from ripping my front bumper off, type of cut off...I then slam my brakes and am going to hit him, one way or another. I can go right and have the car that was behind him hit me, or I can go left and hit the median, or I can just hit him...

I choose to go left because there was an opening for a turn...figured I'd try to make it goin about 35-30 mph...doesn't work, I eat the curb! My front passenger axle is , it's backed into the fenderwall and both the front and rear tires/wheels are blown and bent. My front end looks slammed thought, looks pretty good! lol

Car won't start, it cranks up but won't start and has a grinding noise when you turn the ignition on...sounds horrible! I really have no clue whats wrong with it. Some guys that stopped to help us out were ASE certified mechanics and said it had something to do with my fuel rail and injectors. They also said my CAI may have gotten water in it...because there was sprinklers on in the street that we were pushing it, so it was puddles galore, but I told him it could be because: 1) the car was off in the water. 2.) the filter was dry. So hydrolock is out of the question. :P

it, that guy better hope I don't find out who he is or he'll be eating a 3 course meal out of a spoon for the rest of his life.

(sorry for the language, and any offense taken by any of my comments)

Thanks.

P.S. Everyone was fine (me, a girl name Jessica and my friend Fernie). And the cop was the coolest ever.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2007, 07:05 AM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50113
What I Drive: 2001 bright blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 5 greenZX10 Good Standing Member
You know what dude? You didn't need to get involved in that type of action. Your car being banged up is your own fault. When you choose to act in a juvenile manner like that just because some stupid idiot with no brain provoked you, then that's what happens.
Sorry man, I have no sympathy. Now you think I am an idiot too....I know.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2007, 07:22 AM   #3
MW2 NE1?

Fan#: 45194
What I Drive: 04 cd silver svtf

FF Reputation: 3 josejsanchez Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
you should have hit him anyway and of course im sure he didnt put his blinker on and make his way safely into the lane you were in and could have been his fault anyway..
#910 OF #1978

just call me beaver
Old 10-13-2007, 07:44 AM   #4
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2139
What I Drive: E90 335i, 2002 E53 X5 4.4i

FF Reputation: 28 SpeedOften Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by josejsanchez View Post
you should have hit him anyway and of course im sure he didnt put his blinker on and make his way safely into the lane you were in and could have been his fault anyway..
you should ahve maintained your speed when he cut in front of you the second time.. that would have been his fault and you had two witnesses in your car to back up your claim. Cop would have had to side with you.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:07 AM   #5

Fan#: 20623
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3, 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R 636

FF Reputation: 105 Algorhythm Excellent Standing Member Algorhythm Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
I bet if you hit him and there was a witness, they would have said you were driving erradically. Sucks, shouldn't have happened, but what can you do.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:06 AM   #6
GL1TCH

Fan#: 44757
What I Drive: advance trac french blue 03 zx3

FF Reputation: 42 killer ZETEC Great Standing Member
actually he was doing the speed limit to begin with. this is the fault of the honda guy pure and simple. did you get his plates because you could call him in for reckless driving/ aggressive lane changes. you having to screw up your own car to keep from hitting him is reason enough to call this guy. he is a menace and it needs police attention right away.
will it run soon?? who knows.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:32 AM   #7
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 43548
What I Drive: '04 EAP Sonic Blue SVT, '04 Ranger

Points 2,500, Level 30
Points: 2,500, Level: 30 Points: 2,500, Level: 30 Points: 2,500, Level: 30
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 HilloNative Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
i totally agree... you should have it him, and blame everything on him... and BTW you did the right thing trying to avoid him... that the way to go... i hope you find him...
Old 10-13-2007, 10:42 AM   #8
GL1TCH

Fan#: 44757
What I Drive: advance trac french blue 03 zx3

FF Reputation: 42 killer ZETEC Great Standing Member
you guys beat him up. i'll pee on him. sound fair?
will it run soon?? who knows.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:47 PM   #9
Focus Addict

Fan#: 38939
What I Drive: 2001 Silver ZX3 5spd

FF Reputation: 4 EvilGenius Good Standing Member
Can't honestly say I would've avoided him. I like my focus, but it's not a very expensive car. I would've destroyed the back of his accord and then his face for something like that, but I also have rage issues too so... y'know. I can't believe you're being as calm as you are, I'd be going insane if that er got away.

I was driving to work earlier this week on a 3 lane highway (not freeway). I was in the middle lane with two cars in the lane on the left and one on the right. Then some in a t-bone shirt with some gay bandana on his head in a beat up white prelude comes flying up behind me but doesn't really tail gate me. I'm trying to cut back on the rage, (would've brake checked him or something) so I decide to speed up a little bit to pass the car on the right and move over so he can go about his buisness. So I pass the car and start to move to the right and the in the prelude comes flying by me IN MY LANE before I'm even halfway into the other lane and then cuts over into my lane. I had to pull off onto a side street soon, so I just put it in 3rd and passed him and cut back over into his lane and exited. He then proceeded to cut back to lanes to the left and start the whole thing over again with someone else.

Sometimes I just wish I could carry a gun in my car and do everyone else a favor.
"Living in the present sucks! We no longer live in the golden days of old, where people had morals and knew the value of a hard day's work... Nor do we live in the future, where there are no morals and everyone has tons of really cool gadgets."
Old 10-13-2007, 01:53 PM   #10
Slow n lifted

Fan#: 44983
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

Points 9,789, Level 66
Points: 9,789, Level: 66 Points: 9,789, Level: 66 Points: 9,789, Level: 66
Level Up 35% Completed
Level up: 35% Level up: 35% Level up: 35%
Forum Activity 35%
Activity: 35% Activity: 35% Activity: 35%
FF Reputation: 21 egman2005 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
LOL! we all do sometimes!!!!!!!! I had some old guy in an SVTF do that to me the other day! all i could think about is wtf! give me the car and die! ASS HOLE!!!!!!!!! he tailgaited me the whole way until i got off at my exit! I even had the cruise set at 75 and he still road my ass no matter what. i moved over and he did as well and he had plenty of room to do his own thing.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.