2007 Focus - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2007, 07:40 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5902
What I Drive: 2002 blue SVTF

FF Reputation: 23 Jopala Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
2007 Focus

Hi folks,

I have a 2002 Ford Focus SVT. I've been driving it for some time now and I think I know most of the common issues that the car is known to have now. I haven't however been paying much attention to the other Focii out there. One of my roommates is thinking about buying a 2007 Focus and he, of course, asked me my opinion on it. I'm sure there are lots of threads on here that go through some of the common problems but I don't have a lot of time to look into it (work is keeping me busy). Would anyone have a chance to link me to a few of the threads explaining some of the common problems or TSB's for the '07 Focus SE? Or if you just want to list some of the common issues.

On a side note for those that have that particular year of Focus. You liking it or getting fed up with it?

Phinoy

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2007, 09:50 AM   #2
WHITE ON BLACK :)

Fan#: 45837
What I Drive: 2005 White ZX3

FF Reputation: 2 FleaWannaBe Good Standing Member
Well the s,se,ses is just the trims. Theres two motors 2.0 2.3. Theres SAP models with is Street Apperence Package. Theres no problems with cars like something happening. My car has 40,000 miles on it and i beat the crap out it.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:54 PM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 4167
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black ZX3 SE MTX

FF Reputation: 3 iantm Good Standing Member
There's an intermittent no start issue that Ford knows is there but refuses to fix (it only affects the current revision of the firmware), cheapened interior materials (the floor mats wear down to the point of having holes before the car hits 1k miles), and random electrical gremlins.

Aside from those issues, and the fact that the dealer really won't do anything, an 07 focus SE is a fine car.
MacBook Pro 15"
Old 08-15-2007, 06:43 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 47719
What I Drive: 2011 Ford Fiesta SE

FF Reputation: 72 ShamrockSVT Excellent Standing Member
Iantm, is there any possiblity that the problem with the dealer is just the dealer you are dealing with, and is not a problem with all ford dealers in regaurd to the 07 focus?
Old 08-15-2007, 08:24 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48686
What I Drive: 2007 Yellow ZX5, 1985 Corvette

FF Reputation: 1 bumblebee07 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iantm View Post
There's an intermittent no start issue that Ford knows is there but refuses to fix (it only affects the current revision of the firmware), cheapened interior materials (the floor mats wear down to the point of having holes before the car hits 1k miles), and random electrical gremlins.

Aside from those issues, and the fact that the dealer really won't do anything, an 07 focus SE is a fine car.
Really? Cause I have an '07 S and have never once had it not start on me. Its got 1K miles on it. No wear and tear on anything, especially not the floor mats. As far as electrical gremlins, I have noticed that my gas gauge goes nuts every once in a while if I take off real quick, but it settles when I restart the car. Other than that, its a great car to drive and it gets awesome gas mileage.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:25 PM   #6
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: kermit

Points 14,798, Level 78
Points: 14,798, Level: 78 Points: 14,798, Level: 78 Points: 14,798, Level: 78
Level Up 87% Completed
Level up: 87% Level up: 87% Level up: 87%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
yep, no probs with my 07 in 6500 miles so far. getting 34 or so on the hwy and even with the 2.0 and auto its pretty peppy.
only thing ive had to have done is a quick door adjustment, it closed too tight.
other than that...nothing
Old 08-15-2007, 10:41 PM   #7
Focus Addict

Fan#: 49147
What I Drive: 2010 Sangria Red Fusion S

FF Reputation: 8 Khanaar Good Standing Member
Havent had much prob with my 07 SE zx3, other than the seats suck for long distance trips, but it rides nice, drives nice, passes on the highway easilly, and can cruise at 140 km/h with ease
Old 08-16-2007, 12:57 PM   #8
Focus Addict

Fan#: 4167
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black ZX3 SE MTX

FF Reputation: 3 iantm Good Standing Member
The trouble is that, as any Ford owner knows by now - build quality is hit or miss. Sometimes you get the gem, sometimes you get the lump of coal that hasn't had enough pressure to become a gem yet. As with any domestic car - it's a gamble. That's all I'm sayin'.
MacBook Pro 15"
Old 08-16-2007, 09:16 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24263
What I Drive: 01 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 JET DH Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iantm View Post

I have this problem and I've posted on here a couple of times trying to figure out what the problem is, so I can fix it. This mostly happens if I do some short trips on and off, like if I'm shopping. I'll get to someplace and go inside, do my thing and come out and the car won't get to idle. It will start, just not run. I have to drive it with the OD off and my left foot on the brake and keep the revs up when I stop.
How do you fix this? I've cleaned the MAF, plugs are good. Could it be the DPFE?
Old 08-17-2007, 12:05 AM   #10
Focus Addict

Fan#: 45216
What I Drive: 2007 Zx3 SES, SAP, Black

FF Reputation: 17 Django Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock13 View Post
Iantm, is there any possiblity that the problem with the dealer is just the dealer you are dealing with, and is not a problem with all ford dealers in regaurd to the 07 focus?
Mines been F'ed alot too.

Rolling on 13 days of shop time already.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.