Opinions wanted in buying a truck - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: Which truck would you prefer?
Colorado Crew Cab 2LT w/ 3.7L Vortec I-5 5 20.83%
Dakota SLT Quad Cab SLT w/ 3.7L magnum V6 4 16.67%
Frontier Crew Cab SE w/ 4.0L V6 15 62.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2007, 10:35 AM   #1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 898
What I Drive: 2003 Black Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 poisonivory Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Opinions wanted in buying a truck

Hey guys,

I've had some small conversations with people regarding purchasing a truck. I like and dislike some things about each of these trucks, but they are certainly more practical for me than my focus. Going from a v8 Mountaineer to a focus was hard for me. Plus, driving a truck is more practical for my lifestyle.

Any one with personal stories, or general opinions on any of these vehicles, please respond. And I know what other trucks are available, but these are in my price range and I am looking primarily at these 3.

1)Colorado crew cab 2LT..... 3.7L vortec I-5

2)Dakota Quad cab SLT..... 3.7L Magnum V6

3)Frontier Crew Cab SE...4.0L V6

Thanks,
Mario

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2007, 01:33 PM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 44202
What I Drive: 2000 InfaRed Zx3

FF Reputation: 27 1stTimeFocus00 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Why no ford ranger?
Zetec Crew #152
United States Army
Old 08-07-2007, 01:38 PM   #3
i wear no pants

Fan#: 26970
What I Drive: '11 OBP WRX Sedan

Points 32,330, Level 100
Points: 32,330, Level: 100 Points: 32,330, Level: 100 Points: 32,330, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
frontier dude...i sold nissans for a while. those trucks are solid. i want one actually. a white LX with beige leather interior...those trucks are freakin sick
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:01 PM   #4
puddins betch

Fan#: 28587
What I Drive: 05 ,ZX3, blue

FF Reputation: 3 sir alpha Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
well what u buy u need to be honest w/ ur self about what ur going to do with it

i have a 2000 f150 it is a good truck but i have a standard cab and a long witbed, i dont have kids and i dont care about the presteige of the ex. cab or a 4 door truck i use the 8 foot bed that is why i bought a truck gas is a big down fall of any truck ( so i got a focus for work ) i dont go off road so i have 2WD i pull a fair amount so i have the limited slip locked non slip what ever that generation is called i fill the bed now and then and use most every week end but nothing too heavy
this being said i have a 4.6 V8 and a ATX a .373.1 final drive i wanted to pull and use the bed but i didnt want a truck that would kill me with gas so i picked that combo. for a good reason
if it takes more truck then i have, then i am trying to work too hard on the weekends
unless it is to work out of of a buisness truck then dont get one that will do anything in the world
4x4 is great to get it moving in the snow but it stop's like a 2wd and u can make 3-4 tires spin on ice not just 2
if u take more people than cargo get a shorter bed and 4 doors but i move cargo more than people

i love going to the hard ware store and watching all the yupies with there SUV that can do it all, u have to picture this i saw one try with a blazer sized suv they put all the boards under the luggage rack ( right on the paint to the top of cabin ) then flipped over a heavy wood park bench ( built out of 2x 6's treated ) and set that on the luggage rack then tied it down with twine
i pulled up in my 8 foot bed and got 3 boards laughing one guy was watching this too, so i said " im on my way to a furniture store things should be funny when they sell a matress, u coming ?"

ALFRED NEWMAN for prez!! maaan
Old 08-07-2007, 02:04 PM   #5
Obama Can't Gymkhana

Fan#: 36697
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 86 BMW E30, 10 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 62 WUGcatsvt Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Nissan all the way. So much better truck then the others. and looks better IMO
gumpcrew#10
Gulf Coast Region #12 - Me-45 DSP
My Girl-451 DSPL
Old 08-07-2007, 02:08 PM   #6
i wear no pants

Fan#: 26970
What I Drive: '11 OBP WRX Sedan

Points 32,330, Level 100
Points: 32,330, Level: 100 Points: 32,330, Level: 100 Points: 32,330, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
ya nissan trucks are bullet proof dude...especially if you get a nismo...ooooo yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:23 PM   #7
Focus Addict

Fan#: 49113
What I Drive: 03 Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 23 Xetchx Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Frontiers are such junk, don't go there. And yeah where's the Ford Ranger or the old Ford Edge?
Old 08-07-2007, 02:45 PM   #8
Obama Can't Gymkhana

Fan#: 36697
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 86 BMW E30, 10 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 62 WUGcatsvt Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
^^^I used to sell for mazda which sold basically rangers. and I used to sell for Nissan... Oh I forgot I used to work for Ford as well. haha thats how I got my car... The Fords Drive Horribly... You can feel every bump in the road.. and they are very very noisy... THe Nissans are nicer inside and out and they are more powerfull and have better drivibility.
gumpcrew#10
Gulf Coast Region #12 - Me-45 DSP
My Girl-451 DSPL
Old 08-07-2007, 03:38 PM   #9
Subcompact Fanatic

Fan#: 43017
What I Drive: 1997 Ford Aspire White

FF Reputation: 9 DURATECoftheDesert Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
What are U going to haul?

Just whatever U do don't buy GM's 5cyl motors (NO COLORADO-NO CANYON)
I heard that GM when they release the 5cyl to perform in there truck, they didn't get the balancing shaft....as good as they got it, in other word Ur bound to have some choppy revving noise above 3,000 RPM.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:39 PM   #10
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 898
What I Drive: 2003 Black Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 poisonivory Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
well, i have a child so I need the 4 door crew cab. I need the back seat for car seat, so standard cab or even extended will not do. Thus the reason the ranger is not on the list. The F150 crew cab is far more expensive, thus not making my list either.

besthaticouldo, I'd love the Nsimo, but that package is out of my price range.

sir alpha, to answer your question...Yes, my truck would be used for its purpose. I need the ability to transport things that my focus cannot (massive amounts of hockey equipment) , which when i have a game now i fill my trunk and backseat. And it smells up my interior! lol Transporting ATV cuz borrowing my friends truck is getting old real quick, for him also i am sure. I probably dont need the long bed, but I certainly need 4 doors and a short bed. This is why I chose these 3 models.

xetchx....can i ask why you say frontiers are crap? Is it becuase they aren't Ford or because you have actual grounds for this decision? If you have a horror story, by all means, I'd like to hear it.

Thanks for the opinions so far, more are welcome.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.