Body Shop Caused $2000 In Damages To My Car!!!!!!! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2007, 02:08 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2289
What I Drive: 2003 SVT

Points 4,922, Level 44
Points: 4,922, Level: 44 Points: 4,922, Level: 44 Points: 4,922, Level: 44
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 RedZx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Body Shop Caused $2000 In Damages To My Car!!!!!!!

First off, I'm furious. I know this is long, but it's worth it!!!!!!!

I've had my car for about 5 years now, and have taken as good of care of it as anybody out there. It gets washed weekly and waxed monthly, and always gets proper maintenance. See for yourself, and just take a look at the pics in my gallery.

Anyways, to me, my car was in perfect condition except for a couple things that I just got sick of.

1. I simply got sick of the black paint surrounding the license plate, and the black in the middle of my hood.

2. Also, I wanted the midwing removed. I just wanted them painted back to stock infra red.

3. I figured while I was at it, I might as well get the front bumper repainted due to some rock chips... after all, it's a daily driver.

So a buddy of mine works at a shop that has a good reputation. He tells me stories from work about how they did a $7000 kit on a BMW, and put lambo doors on a vette, etc... I heard nothing but good things, and so I decided to go with them. My friend hooked up up... for all of that work, only $500. In my opinion, that extremely cheap for body work, especially done by a reputable shop.

So it was in there forever, and I was so anxious, MY CAR WAS GOING TO FINALLY BE TOTALLY FLAWLESS! Anyways, it took forever. I rode my motorcycle for 3 weeks, praying it wouldn't rain. I was calling every single day. Finally after 3 WEEKS, they said it was ready......................................................................

I showed up and almost puked. The hood and front bumper looked pretty good, but with a little bit of uneven finish in some spots, but definitely nothing I couldn't just buff right out... I'm not worried about that. Then I got to the rear of the car and it literally looked like somebody dumped a bucket of laquer on my car, and beat the hell out of it with a golf club. And that's an understatement...

They took off the midwing, and it left dents... how that happened, I do not know. Then they painted over the dents!!!... Then I get home to find out that they painted both of my quarter panels to match the paint from where the wing wrapped around on the sides, and that paint looks awful and does not match properly!!! MY CAR IS RUINED!!! I spoke to the owner of the shop before I left, and he told me that basically it was such a hard project that they couldn't do it? And I was just thinking... 'Are you shitting me? Isn't this a body shop?' So the best I got out of him was all of my money back. Now I have my $500 back, and way more than that in damages to the back of my car. He said they would try to just put the midwing back on, but I really didn't trust them... I took the car right to another body shop... a couple actually, all quoted my about $1200 just to fix the rear, and about $2000 to redo the hood and front bumper too.

Now my car looks like hell, and I don't want to drop that cash to fix it. I tried to suck it out of the original shop, but they won't budge. I don't want to sue for that small of an amount... Am I just going to have to eat this one?

What can I do? Anybody? Anybody ever been in this situation? Complaint with BBB? Will my insurance go after the shop if I contact them? I don't think I can make a claim on something like this, but I'm not sure... I do have really good full coverage insurance if that helps... Any ideas????? The front is fine, but the rear must be fixed!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2007, 02:37 AM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5420
What I Drive: 2004 Comp Orange SVT & 2004 Titan

FF Reputation: 14 gratefullife Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Sorry to hear about your circumstances, bro! I really hope and pray that you are able to get this worked out! I'm going to vote that your insurance won't do much without you paying your deductable. If you are able and willing to do that (maybe with that money you got back from the if your deductable is only 500) then it's possible that they may, or cover to have it done elsewhere. I'd call the BBB for sure. Do any of your local news stations do community complaint things? If so, you could threaten to take the story to them with the before and after photos if you have 'em and see what the shop says. Just ideas. What did your buddy have to say??
Old 07-31-2007, 02:51 AM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Points 4,922, Level 44
Level Up 86% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Thanks, my buddy doesn't do the body work there, so there isn't much he could really do. He just apologized, and I told him not to worry about it, not his fault... not a bad idea with the news thing though... a little extreme, but then again $2000 damage is pretty extreme also.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:39 AM   #4
WHITE ON BLACK :)

Fan#: 45837
What I Drive: 2005 White ZX3

FF Reputation: 2 FleaWannaBe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
ya thats shitty. but id def get some before and after pics and make flyers and show the manger or owner this is what your going to to give out as well as call the bbb if he doesnt pay for his mistakes and damages. good luck and remember dont back down.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:51 AM   #5
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 49074
What I Drive: 2002 TW Civic SI

FF Reputation: 1 ron2002si Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Sucks man! I had something along those line happen to me with my BMW (aluminum oil pan) I took it in to get an oil change and they cracked the oil pan! That was about a grand! I fought the shop and they finally paid for it!

Good luck! Hope you get it all taken care of!
Old 07-31-2007, 09:44 AM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1250
What I Drive: 09 MS3

FF Reputation: 1 remusrm Good Standing Member
its sucks... but if you get advice from kids and shops that do lambo doors etc, come on... a real body shop will not custom things on a car. alot of shop even here in cali they do custom work and do anything you want to make $. but are they really into that... Not really...

BUT NOW I GOT A MS3!!!
294hp/356tq he he:-)
Old 07-31-2007, 10:52 AM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44083
What I Drive: 2003 cloud 9 white zx3

FF Reputation: 1 ohiozx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
if it was me, i would definitly sue them, it may not be a matter of cost, but a matter of principle.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:14 AM   #8
Banned

Fan#: 35383
What I Drive: 2002 SVT-Piranha edition

FF Reputation: 17 Future SVT rider Great Standing Member
Do you have a pic?

What you can do is call a body school where they can do job at low cost.
Pray that it will fine this time^^
Old 07-31-2007, 11:24 AM   #9
I used to drive this

Fan#: 31579
What I Drive: 2010 red mazdaspeed3 w/tech package

Points 4,292, Level 41
Points: 4,292, Level: 41 Points: 4,292, Level: 41 Points: 4,292, Level: 41
Level Up 72% Completed
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 22 macdiesel Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
^^^That's a a good idea Future.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:53 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Points 4,922, Level 44
Level Up 86% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
I don't plan on backing down from this one.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.