Thinking about getting rid of the focus and buying a mustang - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: to keep focus or buy a stang
keep focus and continue to dump money into it 17 43.59%
buy 96' mustang gt and go buck wild with it. 22 56.41%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2007, 03:59 AM   #1
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

Points 144,155, Level 100
Points: 144,155, Level: 100 Points: 144,155, Level: 100 Points: 144,155, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%
FF Reputation: 50 sleepyboy Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Thinking about getting rid of the focus and buying a mustang

Well I've always wanted a mustang but could'nt afford it cause of the insurance well my insurance finally dropped by 50 bucks a month and I'm about to turn 25 so its going to go down even farther. Well a 96' stang black with gray interior just went up for sale 4 houses down from me right when I'm starting to look at them. I know it was one of the slowest years but I plan on doing a pi head swap to it anyway so performance is not too big of a concerne. I figure I can get it for a steal the guy wants 5900 for it but blue book on it in perfect shape is only 4800 so i figure I can get it for 4500 and sell the focus for about 3000/3500 and pay back the lone quickly and pay off the whats left in less than a year so I would be basicly just swapping cars. Its just like I always wanted my dad had a 96' v6 but I always wanted a V8 and it would be the perfect sleeper since everyone knows there one of the slowest so it would be great when i blow there doors off and I really like drag racing and to just put it bluntly the focus just can't deliever the goods for me it would take a insane amount of money just to get has fast has it is stock and also the amount of money that I have put into the focus if I put that into that car it would be very very fun to drive to say the least. I'm at a crossroads with my focus I can ether keep dumping moeny into it or get another car. I'm really torn I would like to keep both. I'm also beating that I get the raise I want ether way I'll get a raise if its has big has I want I'll have to wait till thursday to find out I though i would find out this monday but My boss flew out of town so I have to wait even longer. I also have had almost every problem you can have with a focus any other normal person would have just sold it already but I am one of the few who kept it even through all of the problems. My wife hates my focus which is why I love it so much she also hates mustangs so I will be happy with it too in the perspective haha what do ya'll think I know alot of you will probably say keep the focus. But I''ll fing out so let me know I will also have a poll too.

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2007, 04:59 AM   #2
FF's Night Security

Points: 144,155, Level: 100 Points: 144,155, Level: 100 Points: 144,155, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 29%
I should also note that the stang has 87000 mi on it and that means it was drivin only about 8900 mi a year. the guy selling the car is getting ready to move to austraila so that is another reason I think i can get it for a steal. He is trying to get rid of it has fast has he can. Its in great shape too. also its bone stock so that means there was a less likly chance that it was dogged on. Also it was adult owned and drivin'

Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat

Last edited by sleepyboy; 04-10-2007 at 05:47 AM. Reason: cause I wanted to.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:35 AM   #3
FF's Night Security

Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 29%
bump

Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 04-10-2007, 06:58 AM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 37546
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 02blksvt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i would definetly do it. cause there no sound like a stang w flows and a o/r h-pipe!!!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 07:09 AM   #5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26230
What I Drive: 2004 CD Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 5 SVT Robzor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Well, I suppose it would depend. It's not a bad deal, and there's something to be said for Mustangs. If you've always wanted one, it's sure to be tempting. Just make sure you really know how much it'll end up costing you, after insurance, fuel, slightly increased maintenance due to age, and roasting more sets of bigger tires. If you can look at that number and know it's worth it to you, than go for it. It's what I did when I got the SVT over anything else cheaper and the same age.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:13 AM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 31588
What I Drive: 05 InfraRed ST-T

FF Reputation: 5 bacarl Good Standing Member
I'm not sure if you can get a car for ~4500 if the asking price is 5900... I would guess that someone else interested in the car would be willing to pay closer to the asking price, as long as the car is nice enough to be worth that price. Other than that though, I'd say to go for it. It will rock to have your dream car! Just bear in mind - and I don't want to throw a damper on things, cus i know how exciting it can be to think about getting a car you're nuts for - but just remember that performance mods, insurance, gas, maintenance on a '96, etc can all add up fast. You might end up spending much more on this car than you originally intended. Just think realistically about how much it will cost, get an insurance quote on it at the very least. Also don't rush into a decision on which car you want. Don't buy the first one you see just because it's there and you're all geeked up about it

*edit* Just noticed Robzor and I posted pretty much the exact same thing! I must have been typin up my post as he was posting his... I'd listen to him, he sounds like a pretty smart guy!
Old 04-10-2007, 07:14 AM   #7
Focus Addict

Fan#: 7850
What I Drive: 07 Infiniti G35 6mt coupe silver

FF Reputation: 1 focusedintentions Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Do it...simple....even though the car is aged....you'll be totally happy driving it and loving the power....part of you will miss the zippyness of the focus....but that part will shut up as soon as you doo the first burn out! :)
My SVT is #604 of 1079
One of 104 with EAP
Old 04-10-2007, 07:29 AM   #8
FF's Night Security

Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 29%
^^^ thanks for the advice guys I'm well aware of the age and maintence things. I have already put a butt load of cash into the focus and for the most part its just to keep it going on the road instead of performance mods. New motor and such well over 2 grand for sure if you add up all of the little things. The biggest hurdle I think with the mustang would be saving up to get the pi heads which would cost about 1300 for the complete kit. I hope things work out for me to get it well I'm tired been at work all night and was awake all day so I check ya'lll later.

Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 04-10-2007, 11:21 AM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15214
What I Drive: 01 PWSC ZX3 & 03 ZX3 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Pintozx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Keep the Focus as a daily and go nuts on the stang
Old 04-10-2007, 12:43 PM   #10
Focus autox'r

Fan#: 40398
What I Drive: zx3

FF Reputation: 41 Kfokus Great Standing Member
go for it dude!
I've always wanted a stang 2.and yeah my wife HATES my focus 2.
let us know and post some pics of it.btw cash in there face can get u alot sweeter deal.
i like autoxing more than drag racing so for me its teh underpowered focus.
4 dragracing its a no brainer what car has more power/cylinders/weight/costs.
good luck .I LOVE MUSTANGS
hope 2 c some pics of burnouts.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.