I tell ya...version 2.0 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2007, 04:52 PM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 31916
What I Drive: 2001 Sangria Red ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 PARKINGLOT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I tell ya...version 2.0

A little while ago, I had a post entitled "I tell ya" about how I loved my job because I had a load with an Infinti G35 and Nissan 350Z...

well, last night, I one-upped that night. I got told by dispatch which truck I was taking, got my trip sheet and looked at it for a minute before going to pre-trip the truck. I was running east, instead of west like I normally do, and I was "night dropping" the units at dealerships (3 total, 7 units...) I look at the trip sheet, first dealership is getting 2 F-150 crewcabs and a mustang, second is getting a 2500 Cummins Ram crewcab and a Grand Caravan, and the last is getting another F150 crewcab and a Mustang SH....I scratch my head....what the hell is a Mustang SH? I got out to where the truck is parked, I what do I see parked behind the cab of the truck where the Grand Marqius/Crown Vic is in this pic?

OH....MY....it was just like this, only black with gray stripes and red interior accents...I'm standing there, speechless...

so I go to the first drop and take off the 2 truck and other stang. I take the GT-500 out from behind the cab and put it on the rear of the trailer so I don;t have to lift all the decks again at the next stop. I start it up, listening to the exhaust and engine...wow...I rev it a couple times....holy...I take off the parking brake, slip it into first gear, and begin to pull out from behind the tractor unto the ramps between the tractor and trailer. I get 5 feet and stall it.

After I get it off the trailer, I give it a bit of accleration from 1st to 2nd, then let off so I can pull a 3 pointer to come back behind the truck. Even with the TCS on it's still got a bit of wheelhop. I load it back up, and head for the dodge dealer in the next town. Same thing there, pull it off, juice it a little bit around the truck, take off the van and truck. On a side note, I should mention it had been raining, so the roads were still damp. I unloaded on a side street across the road from the dealer, so I had to drive across the street to the dealer. I take the truck off, pull up to the stop sign, and signal left. The driveway to the dealership wasw about 200 feet down the road. No-one is coming, so I get on it pulling out onto the street. HOLY CRAP! the cummins power kicks in hard at about 2000-2500 and the rear of the truck actually steps out...wow, I didn't think it would have that much power...good thing no-one was out on the road...

So I get to the last drop, were the last truck and GT500 were going. as I pull into the dealership driveway, It's not really a driveway, but it goes past the dealership a few hundred feet down to a big turnaround circle so I can unload in front of the dealership and drive out. I pull up, set the air brakes, turn on the PTO, and go to unload. I think to myself, I've got a GT500, a couple hundred feet of wet street, then a big cul-du-sac circle. When, WHEN am I ever going to have this chance again? I pull the GT500 off the truck. Shakily, I push the TCS button. "OFF" lights up. I let the clutch out, and hammer it. At this point, I should mention this. The GT500 are handicapped until the dealer gets them, meaning we only get like %75 of the power. Still, the Stang' throws me into the seat. 2nd gear. Wheelhop and spin. I come up to the circle. Now, Ken Gushi JR I'm not, so I didn't pull any wild drifts or anything like that. With my luck, I would have stuffed the $55k car into the center grass area or something. It does rotate nicely though. Pointing straight, throttle meets floorboard and I shift to 3rd, then let off, coast infront of the dealer, coast in the driveway, and coast into a parking spot. I put the e-brake on, letting the engine idle a moment. I rev it a couple more times, then lock it and shut the engine off. Inside the dealer, there's a young guy like me mopping the floor. He grins and gives me a
I pull the pickup off, put the delivery reciept and keys in the night drop box, and head to go pickup my load to come home.

What a night eh?

on a side note, I loaded 9 of the police issue chargers, and if you turn off the ESP, they'll light'em up pretty good too...

SEDAN REVOLUTION #123
95' Grand Cherokee 4x4. Wheeler, Tow Pig, & DD

"It's much more fun to drive a slow car fast, then a fast car slow..."
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2007, 05:02 PM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 19017
What I Drive: '04 Liquid Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 12 StealthGray Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Nice to get some grins out of work, huh???
Old 04-04-2007, 05:07 PM   #3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 43232
What I Drive: 04 EAP ZX5 SVTF

FF Reputation: 31 BlackJack03 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Nice man. Maybe this is a personal question (PM?), but how much do you get paid to do what you do???
Old 04-04-2007, 05:32 PM   #4
!FRENCH FRY!

Fan#: 31168
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda3 Skyactiv

FF Reputation: 8 stoopidsteve87 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack03 View Post
Nice man. Maybe this is a personal question (PM?), but how much do you get paid to do what you do???
lol, and do u get a bonus if you recruit anyone?!

wish i had that chance. saw a red one w/ white stripes in gainesvill, fl during spring break. pullin up to best buy with my friend, in his 07 v6 stang. i saw it all the way at the back of the parking lot. saw the wing and thought "hey, that's not usual...but looks good" then saw the wheels and thinkin to myself now "...i know those rims..." and that's when my eyes hit the stripes down the side and the "gt500" all giggly and goo-goo-gah-gah i start shouting at him to drive to the back of the parking lot. didn't know what was going on. but i just wanted to see it up close
Gump Crew #11 / Team Duratec #196
THE Blazin' Copper Hottness of the South

!FRENCH FRY! - The Stop Light Destroyer
Taylor Swift Crew(TSC) #2
Old 04-04-2007, 05:35 PM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 29105
What I Drive: 2000 Dirt Brown Kona ZX3

Points 5,444, Level 47
Points: 5,444, Level: 47 Points: 5,444, Level: 47 Points: 5,444, Level: 47
Level Up 47% Completed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 9 jrgtrain Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Yeah, that was a great story. I wouldn't mind a job like that. Do you stat local or drive cross country?

Straight lines are for fast cars...Turns are for fast drivers
Old 04-04-2007, 05:41 PM   #6
FF God of South FL

Fan#: 44442
What I Drive: 07 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 35 TKE_Quailman Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
omg that is awsome how do they handicap the power?
Last of the Hatches #1
XBOX LIVE:TKE428
GIVE REP POINTS IF IM HELPFUL
Old 04-04-2007, 05:46 PM   #7
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 26,907, Level 97
Points: 26,907, Level: 97 Points: 26,907, Level: 97 Points: 26,907, Level: 97
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Wait until the GT500KR (King of the Road) comes out and your unloading one of those....supposly 50 more horsepower, stiffer suspension and a few little other hot goodies.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:26 PM   #8
Focus Addict

Fan#: 39925
What I Drive: Black on black

FF Reputation: 5 edmhatch Good Standing Member
dont get fired from ur job for runnin cars hah
<LOTH #23>
Old 04-04-2007, 11:45 PM   #9
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 34345
What I Drive: 05 Pitch Black Focus ST ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 fatalz Good Standing Member
From the factory, the GT500's don't have the boost turned on (according to the service department at my dealership). We had sold our first GT500 to a customer, and he called saying he didnt mind spending the premium that he had on the car, but it didn't feel much faster then his regular GT. The service manager instructed him to take it on a stretch of 5 miles of straight highway, and the problem should be resolved.

Needless to say, he called back to not only say thank you, but that it was a total kick in the pants!
Old 04-06-2007, 03:27 PM   #10
Focus Addict

Fan#: 31916
What I Drive: 2001 Sangria Red ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 PARKINGLOT Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalz View Post
From the factory, the GT500's don't have the boost turned on (according to the service department at my dealership). We had sold our first GT500 to a customer, and he called saying he didnt mind spending the premium that he had on the car, but it didn't feel much faster then his regular GT. The service manager instructed him to take it on a stretch of 5 miles of straight highway, and the problem should be resolved.
Needless to say, he called back to not only say thank you, but that it was a total kick in the pants!
that sounds right. Boost gauge didn't seem to move at all...And I've heard about the drive for 5 miles thing, but I didn't really want to try it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgtrain View Post
Yeah, that was a great story. I wouldn't mind a job like that. Do you stay local or drive cross country?
Local...Home very night, althought some days I drive up to 300-400 miles a day...most days are about 9-12 hours...up to 14 on some long ones...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack03 View Post
Well, there's a differenc between how much I make and how much I clear, but on an average week I can clear about 1G a week...best week I've had so far was $1,200....that was a good week
SEDAN REVOLUTION #123
95' Grand Cherokee 4x4. Wheeler, Tow Pig, & DD

"It's much more fun to drive a slow car fast, then a fast car slow..."

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.