Why are there so many stupid drivers?! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2007, 01:12 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21928
What I Drive: 2007 BRG Mini Cooper

FF Reputation: 1 valthun Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Why are there so many stupid drivers?!

Let me paint a picture. I live in a little part of Los Angeles known as Playa Del Rey. It is right next to LAX. To get to one freeway I go South on a road that has a 55 mph limit, then East on a road with a 50 mph limit, which then rolls directly into a freeway the 105, which then has exits within 2 miles for the 405 North and South. The first road has no light from when it becomes 55 until the end of the road. This is about 2 miles. the East bound road is also about 2 miles, but has about 4 lights.

So, I am heading out to take some pictures, and decide that the 105 is the road I need. So I head South, immediately there is a Subaru Legacy sedan, and a New Chevy Malibu, the light from 35 to 55 is green, they speed up, but only to 50 and pace each other. This occurs for about a mile, so I honk, because I am pissed that these guys would purposefully go slow, and pace each other. So eventually the Malibu pulls to the left and I pass both cars, now needing to exceed the speed limit because they have both decided to speed up while I do this. Anyway, the Malibu gets back over and speeds up to ride next to me, he rolls down his window and yells (I don't know, I have manual mirrors, i am not going to roll them down). But I spread my hands to indicate 55, while he is flipping me off and yelling at me for him being the ass.
Anyway the left lane becomes 2 left turn lanes, and the right lane is a right turn only. So they get in line on the left lane, while I take the middle. The cars on the left are a bit slower, so I move my way through traffic keeping to the 50mph speed limit. Now the road begins to widen for the freeway, and both the Legacy and the Malibu speed pass me. the Malibu then pulls in front of me. I am not too concerened, as there are three more lanes coming up on the left, and the right lanes are starting to merge together. (love LA freeways ) So the lanes open up and I again pull left, the Malibu shadows me (keep in mind he is in front). So I realize this guy has some anger issues, so I continue to try and get over, and hit my cruising speed. After a mile or so, he begins to pull right. I realize he may need to take the freeway interchange. So I begin to speed up, and again he pulls in front of me. Waving his fists, and still flipping me off. Since this was a Sunday afternoon, and there was little traffic I decide I don't want to deal with this guy for my entire drive. So I begin to merge right. He does the same, and begins to brake. I pull all the way over to the 405 interchange. Again he is braking. At the very last moment I immediately pull to the left and continue on the 105, where he is now committed to the 405. His choices are now North or South, and to fix his issue will take at least a 4 mile round trip if he wanted to continue on the 105.

So why do these drivers have to be so stupid. I almost felt like trying to get fake a lane change and pull forward to see if he would hit me. But I feel what I ended up doing was probably the safest thing I could possibly do. keep in mind that was about 8 miles of dealing with a driver that is probably driving a new car because he is filled with rage. Deep down I hope he wrecks his car with all his rage.

So theres my story. I hate stupid drivers.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2007, 05:46 AM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 25871
What I Drive: 2005 liquid Grey ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 1 AK_05_ZX5 Good Standing Member
Because your in LA! lol jk I have been there a few times and the roads there are the worst i have seen yet. No affence but i hate california.

"Dont you know you never hit a lady........Kicking your ass would be a pleasure!"
NickleBack
Old 03-20-2007, 04:32 PM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 31916
What I Drive: 2001 Sangria Red ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 PARKINGLOT Good Standing Member
hey man, you should try driving for a living. You be suprised how many people I'd love to punch in the head for being so moronic...
SEDAN REVOLUTION #123
95' Grand Cherokee 4x4. Wheeler, Tow Pig, & DD

"It's much more fun to drive a slow car fast, then a fast car slow..."

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.