insurance question help. - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2007, 05:46 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 39793
What I Drive: 2002 Midnite Blu Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 keachj06 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
insurance question help.

i was driving my moms explorer (focus is in the shop), and parked it on a hill there was my friends civic behind me, its a 99 with a few aftermarket parts. while we were there the explorer rolled back and smashed into his car, hood is bent , radiator cracked, headlight, etc basically quote turned out that the car is totaled, now i pay 90 bucks a month for insurance i have the minimum coverage how much will my insurance go up and how would i go about doing this, the car is registered to my mom, but iam a part time driver you could say on it.

the explorer is fine it just has some red paint on the metal bumper but the civic is gone, i need help so i know how to do this, i gotta tell my parents today about it, and iam probaly sscrewed;.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #2
what it be like

Fan#: 40563
What I Drive: 03 EAP

Points 42,753, Level 100
Points: 42,753, Level: 100 Points: 42,753, Level: 100 Points: 42,753, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 27 dirtbrown Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
why are u gonna go threw insurance???
just fix his car...
it shouldent be a total....
new hood..
radiator
there u go
Old 03-01-2007, 06:10 PM   #3
Gan-San!

Fan#: 1411
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 5 focusonthefocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Expect 50 - 100... depending on how old you are.

Focus on the Mountain
Old 03-01-2007, 06:12 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 39793
What I Drive: 2002 Midnite Blu Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 keachj06 Good Standing Member
ill be 19 at the end of the month, but his car is totalled its more than the hood and crap, engine mount front fender, i mean it hit it good, loud bang and moved the car a foot back too after the hit, his car was in gear with e-brake, but i mean 50-100 are you sure, thats not bad i was thinking wayy more
Old 03-01-2007, 06:21 PM   #5
what it be like

Points 42,753, Level 100
Points: 42,753, Level: 100 Points: 42,753, Level: 100 Points: 42,753, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
uhmmmmm
well
lets just say i have 3 points on my driving record...
and my insurance went up....
100 bucks
with those points
Old 03-01-2007, 06:22 PM   #6
what it be like

Points 42,753, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
so i dont think it will be that bad man
do u have liability???
it wont really affect the montly payment is u have liability
but full coverage it will go up alot
Old 03-02-2007, 06:33 AM   #7
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
I'm an insurance agent, so I'll let you know that you have an At-Fault accident with Property Damage >$1000 but with $0 Bodily Injury. Your coverage may go up just a bit at renewal, but not really all that much. The fact that there were no humans involved and no accompanying violations means that this is all pretty minor.

BTW, get those friggin coverages up to at least $25K BI per person, $50K BI per accident, and $25 PD per accident. Most people don't realize that the difference between minimum coverage and coverage that will actually get you something for your money is ridiculously small, like probably $4-$6 a month for you. Why pay $90 a month for insurance that won't actually protect you in an average accident?
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...
Old 03-02-2007, 07:27 AM   #8
Focus Addict

Fan#: 4167
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black ZX3 SE MTX

FF Reputation: 3 iantm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
It's insane to not have full coverage. I tried to "save" money by not having comp & collision on my car for a few months while paying for my wedding. The day before my comp & collision were supposed to go into effect, I got hit and stuck with fixing my focus on my own dime because the driver at fault was uninsured, unlicensed, and a deadbeat.

Those Bodily Injury and Liability coverages are crucial to protecting you in an accident - for medical bills and from being sued. Uninsured Motorist is also a really good policy to carry - I carried that, saved my bacon five years back when I got hit by an uninsured drunk driver with a suspended license. (bear in mind that uninsured motorist only covers injuries - you're on your own with the damage to your car - if you don't have comp/collision)
MacBook Pro 15"
Old 03-02-2007, 11:58 AM   #9
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
^^^I don't even tell people that that coverage is optional. I always give them uninsured/underinsured as a matter of course, just like medical payments. (pays first $X thousand of medical bills for everyone in your car).

People are so cheap, and their reasoning is ridiculous. "Oh, it's OK. I'm a good driver and don't plan on getting in any accidents." How can you plan an accident. These are the first people crying about greedy insurance companies and suing us when they have to come up with thousands out of pocket when they cheaped out.
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...
Old 03-07-2007, 11:29 PM   #10
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 19293
FF Reputation: 1 risteen59 Good Standing Member
It depends on a few factors:
1. The vehicle is your mothers. Are you listed on her insurance?

2. What was the reason that caused the accident?
A. Operator failure?
B. Equipment failure? If it's the equipment, you may want to check to see if the vehicle had a recall on brakes, you might get money back from the manufacturer.
C. What type of insurance do you have and with who?
I've had Allstate & Progressive, they both juct offer the other driver a insurance listed damaged coverage.
D. Did it happen on public or private properly?
E. I was sued once by a guy who was T-boned by my car, but a friend was following back to the rental agency. The insurance offered the guy the damage coverage & medical coverage ($20.000).
He wanted more, he got $12.000 when took me to court.
I live in Ohio, so your state maybe different in how they handle insurance.
Hope this helps & good luck!!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.