Question on transferring PremiumCARE ESP - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2007, 12:24 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33718
What I Drive: '04 CompO SVTF ZX5

FF Reputation: 4 unfknrl Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question on transferring PremiumCARE ESP

I bought my SVT from a Chevy dealer. However, a private seller seller purchased a 5yr/75K warranty for it. So does the transfer need to go from private seller to Chevy to me or can it go straight from private seller to me?

I called Ford's ESP cust. service and they said they couldn't disclose her info and that I should contact the dealership I bought it from. I called them and currently waiting for a call back.

I have the purchaser's name from an OASIS report but no address. It also showed "sold by USA 08012." Is that a dealership #? I googled it and only got a NJ zip.

Hope this goes quick, I have less than 1,000 miles on my 3/36.

Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2007, 04:34 PM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 38163
Points 2,104, Level 27
Points: 2,104, Level: 27 Points: 2,104, Level: 27 Points: 2,104, Level: 27
Level Up 70% Completed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 QQQQ Good Standing Member
Get the transfer form from your local Ford dealer and fill in the warranty owners name(which you have),and the name you want the warranty transferred to(that's you),and $50 bucks later,the extended warranty will be in your name.I just did this for an SVTF that I sold to a private party.It does NOT have to go to the Chevy dealer first.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:39 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

i was told by my local ford dealer that the warranty owner has to sign it over.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:47 AM   #4
Focus Addict

Points 2,104, Level 27
Level Up 70% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Well,technically they do.Just get the form,bring it home and wink-wink have the warranty owner sign the form.Bring it back all filled out and you're good to go.I have done it lots of times.If that makes you nervous,hunt down the original owner,call them to see if they are willing to sign,mail it to them and hopefully they mail it back etc.,etc. OR just sign the thing yourself and be done with it.It's not like you are cheating anyone out of anything.Just avoiding one of the dealer loopholes they like to put in your way...
Old 02-06-2007, 12:01 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

well i guess if she wanted to get reimbursed, she'd done it by now. might try that
Old 02-08-2007, 12:08 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Well i just called my local ford dealer. lady said original purchaser has to have their signature notarized.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:46 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

ok, so i go to get the form and she says once the car is sold back to a dealer, the warranty is void. she blowing smoke up my ass?

is there an official website for ford's ESP? i can't find anything saying it's void once its sold to a dealer.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:45 AM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13282
What I Drive: 1992 Mazda Miata

FF Reputation: 3 goixoye Good Standing Member
don't know. more than likely the original owner will get a refund on the extended warranty and it will be cancelled. i often bought extended warranties with vehicles and the warranty was financed with the car. most often i traded the car in before it was paid for and before the extended warranty was up. within a month or so of trading it in i got a refund check. i expect this is the way it works...the place a car is traded in to pays off the lien...this sets in motion an automatic warranty cancellization process...owner of the warranty (buyer of the warranty) gets a pro-rated refund.

if there was no lien on the car then ford doesn't know it's changed hands so might not get automatically cancelled. example: i paid cash for my car and bought an extended warranty. it's all paid for...ford has their money. if I sell the car I can submit for a refund or transfer to the next owner. if I trade it in ford never knows the warranty is cancelled...probably nobody gets anything out of it unless the next owner takes it in to a ford dealer for service...maybe their computer see that there is an extended warranty (but in someone else's name)...and maybe an honest ford dealer tells you about this gives you an opportunity to chase it down and get it put in your name?

most likely you'll have to pay the original owner something to get her to sign over the warranty to you...i know if it was my car (and my warranty) i'd make you pay me the amount of that pro-rated refund or you could forget it. if you want an extended warranty you'll probably have more luck buying one totally separate. don't know if you can walk into your local ford dealer and get one or maybe go to the dealership where you bought the car.

how did you find out the car had an extended warranty to start with?
Old 02-09-2007, 01:23 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by goixoye View Post

how did you find out the car had an extended warranty to start with?
i took my car in for warranty repair. guy asked if i purchased an extended warranty for it, i said no. he said, well someone did.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:31 PM   #10
Focus Addict

Points 2,104, Level 27
Level Up 70% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Wow.You must be dealing with one SOB.I have transferred a few Ford ESP warranty plans without any signatures.Guess I have been lucky?.I was also told that the balance of the extended warranty was not reinbursable unless it had never been used,which the Oasis inquiry will show you.So,that's all I can offer.Good luck.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.