POLL 2008 Focus - OUR OWN - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: 2008 Focus
Cool 15 17.24%
Sucks going import 31 35.63%
Going American 7 8.05%
It's a Ford ? 8 9.20%
What no follow to the SVT? 26 29.89%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2007, 07:55 AM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 386
What I Drive: 04SVTF, 03SVTF,08F150 4x4, 2013ST3

Points 1,316, Level 20
Points: 1,316, Level: 20 Points: 1,316, Level: 20 Points: 1,316, Level: 20
Level Up 16% Completed
Level up: 16% Level up: 16% Level up: 16%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 5 finalley Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
POLL 2008 Focus - OUR OWN

To follow up & refocus on the REFOCUS. To expand on the thread by witchcitySVT, giving us our own visual evaluation knowing Ford won't publish
theirs.
  1. It's really cool,right where the next Gen. should be. / Company suckies and yes men only please
  2. I don't like where it went and I'm buying a hotter import.
  3. Idon't like where it went and I'm getting anything else American.
  4. What's an SVT? I think it's a cute car and get's good gas mileage. It's a Ford?
  5. I hate you for producing the SVT,going to 2.3 and no follow-up w/turbo and AWD,and dropping the momentum and possibility of raising in image and status of the company from frumpy,old,& typically corporate,bean countingmentality,and leaving me hanging & I don't know what I'm gong to do,as I watch the competion pass me by.

Last edited by finalley; 02-04-2007 at 09:33 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2007, 09:49 AM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
Points 11,708, Level 71
Points: 11,708, Level: 71 Points: 11,708, Level: 71 Points: 11,708, Level: 71
Level Up 15% Completed
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I'll probably be going import but staying within the Ford family, I'm looking at the Volvo C30 which will be (for the most part) a MkII ST with a Volvo shell. Well, that or a used STi if the price is right. I'm not holding out for a true performance model from Ford, either with this reskin or if they give us the next global platform Focus.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:51 AM   #3
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Well I already went import (06 Volvo S40) and man, worlds of difference. I dunno, I've personally really fallen away from the focus, the new design is extremely lame when it comes to the sport compact industry and with the demise of the SVTF it's just completely killed the focus.

Honestly, the focus has always been behind the market with performance for one thing. I recently bought a Z24 Cavalier used, a 2000 model for a second car to get me to my Firefighting college and the thing blows away the focus in performance, and that was back then.

With the other car companies out there, Cobalt SS, etc really directing into the sport compact industry, Ford burried themselves and closed their own casket on it. I mean, the sport compact industry isn't a huge 'percentage' of new vehicle sales but regardless, on an enthusiast site, what else are you going to say to that new design.

The two door may have some potential but the days of hardcore focus modding I'm feeling (performance related, etc) are disappearing into the past.....
Old 02-04-2007, 10:00 AM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33545
What I Drive: Pitch Black ZX3, right now

FF Reputation: 1 Stew_St Good Standing Member
inside is good, but the grille, the engine , come on at least add a performance model... with the 2.3l engine that at least matches or comes close to the civic Si jeez. Cuz u can always change the grille... some aftermarket should be good, still no 2.3l tho. :(... oh well ill wait for the platform change in 2010. Im stickin too my new project anyway 1956 ford f100 with a 5.0.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:13 AM   #5
Turbo!!!!

Fan#: 33699
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Sonic 1.4 Turbo LTZ

FF Reputation: 30 WitchCitySVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaAddict View Post
I'll probably be going import but staying within the Ford family, I'm looking at the Volvo C30 which will be (for the most part) a MkII ST with a Volvo shell. Well, that or a used STi if the price is right. I'm not holding out for a true performance model from Ford, either with this reskin or if they give us the next global platform Focus.
I agree. I love the C30, but for now the SVT is treating me well. I'm going to try and hold out and see what the 2010 model looks like.

2003 Competition Orange SVT *Revived*
2012 Black Sonic 1.4 Turbo LTZ
Old 02-04-2007, 12:21 PM   #6
Bunneh Fanatic

Fan#: 39963
What I Drive: 2008 United Gray VW Rabbit

FF Reputation: 9 mmmoose Good Standing Member
Import here too. I think many of us Ford/Focus owners gave "American" companies a second chance, when everybody else pretty much jumped the import bandwagon a while ago. We tried, we really did, but seeing as how they still don't care about us I think the only thing left to do is go with an import.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:12 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 43002
What I Drive: '02 Sangria Red Metallic SE

FF Reputation: 1 Techjunkie Good Standing Member
They lost the boat with the new design. Just to please the buyers with the recent "designs" of Chevrolet-japanese cars, the first generation looks more updated than the '08 model if you ask me.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:27 PM   #8
I'm Back!

Fan#: 41812
What I Drive: '03 Twilight Blue Sedan-D23E

FF Reputation: 19 FocusVet Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Well, I have had fords my whole driving life, probe, mustang, F-150, cougar(mercury) and now my focus. I'm a '08 hater like the majority, but I hope that we'll see a '09 or 2010 focus performance model. My worrie is that as ford slips out of the market they will have no reason to produce said vechical. So, I will prob. be driven toward the imports. Just my thoughts.
TEAM DURATEC # 074 / SEDAN REVOLUTION #001
Old 02-04-2007, 08:55 PM   #9
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11226
What I Drive: 1991 BMW 318is

FF Reputation: 20 SVT_BMXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
I can honestly say. I will not be buying another Ford or possibly not an american car brand. Sometime in the future, possibly this year. I may try and sell the car. Looking at getting into something more upscale. Current interests would be a nice clean E36 M3 or a newer 325 coupe. That, or a WRX wagon is more likely to be my next car.

Current:1991 BMW 318is: Bilstein sports, H&R springs, TMS chip, UUC short shifter, dyna-max muffler
Old 02-04-2007, 09:11 PM   #10
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2116
What I Drive: 05 Silver WRX Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 rockthezx3 Good Standing Member
My opinion on the 08' would be that Ford still hates North America, which is why they keep giving us this instead of the cool cars.

And my next car probably wont be a Focus. It'll probably also be an E36 M3 or maybe an E39 M5.
...now with dyno tuned stage 2

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.