Smoother looking rear wiper - Valeo - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 19017
What I Drive: '04 Liquid Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 12 StealthGray Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Smoother looking rear wiper - Valeo

I never realized just how hard it is to take a picture of a wiper
Anyways, it does look much cleaner than the original wire-trap.

I got it at Amazon.com (search on Valeo 900-16) for about $21 shipped.
The original wiper is 15", this one is the smallest Valeo at 16" and fits just fine.

If you are really, really picky, the black-on-black "Valeo" label in the plastic attachment at the arm ends up being upside down. I'm not that picky.

Pretty nice $20 mod in my book. Next the Hoen lights and my amber LED side markers go in, sometime when it's nicer than 20 degrees and windy out...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2007, 03:58 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 23566
What I Drive: 202 Car

FF Reputation: 1 rangers305 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
looks good, imho the euro rear wiper looks better
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2007, 04:02 PM   #3
Gan-San!

Fan#: 1411
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 5 focusonthefocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
but the euro is double that cost....

Focus on the Mountain
Old 01-31-2007, 04:19 PM   #4
Focus Fanatic

I bought a Euro wiper, the blade was only 12", looked like a toy back there...
I might have went the Mazda 3 wiper route, but the nearest Mazda dealer is about 45 miles away.
So for cheap this was a good mod for me, and I can actually see out the rear window...
Old 01-31-2007, 04:32 PM   #5
Banned

Fan#: 26570
What I Drive: February 2010 ROTM

FF Reputation: 172 scrammer Excellent Standing Member scrammer Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
looks nice, but IMO, the Mazda3 wiper looks better.
but this is cheaper, which is good.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:03 PM   #6
Bunneh Fanatic

Fan#: 39963
What I Drive: 2008 United Gray VW Rabbit

FF Reputation: 9 mmmoose Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The new wiper DOES look better, I definitely agree, but the black on black setup makes the new wipers hardly even noticeable. Please don't take offense to that, it's just been my observation with all the wiper modifications. Aside from better performance, I'd only go with a new set of wipers if colors were offered.

That's where Silblades come in. They're guaranteed to last 5 years and the blades come in different colors (as well as the wiper arm if you choose). Those are the only performance wipers that I know of which come in different colors. And I think the right color will definitely help enhance the look of your Focus just a little bit.

I remember seeing a yellow ZX3 with yellow silblades on it, and I never thought wiper blades could make a car actually look good... but it really did. I think this one's it. Yes, this particular Focus is a little too riced out for my tastes (and I would've just went with the yellow blades and black arms), but it's an example of how far you could go with that.

But I guess to each their own. Beautiful installation otherwise. Definitely better than stock.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:40 PM   #7
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 242
What I Drive: 2003 TwiBlue 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 15 Lil PZEV Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
How do you find the performance (if I can use that word?) of the blade? I recently replaced my fronts with Motorcrafts on special, but my rear is now... over 3 years old, and mostly leaves smudges!

I've seen Valeo on special at TireRack but I never clicked to see if they offer the rear size too. Also, I never thought of looking on Amazon (durr)... and thanks for letting us know about the 16" size fitting, I wouldn't have risked it (being lame).

Moose, I believe CrazyMatt on here has the yellow silicon blades (don't remember if he got the arms too) - at least I think I recall him ordering them.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:23 PM   #8
Bunneh Fanatic

Fan#: 39963
What I Drive: 2008 United Gray VW Rabbit

FF Reputation: 9 mmmoose Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil PZEV View Post
How do you find the performance (if I can use that word?) of the blade? I recently replaced my fronts with Motorcrafts on special, but my rear is now... over 3 years old, and mostly leaves smudges!

I've seen Valeo on special at TireRack but I never clicked to see if they offer the rear size too. Also, I never thought of looking on Amazon (durr)... and thanks for letting us know about the 16" size fitting, I wouldn't have risked it (being lame).

Moose, I believe CrazyMatt on here has the yellow silicon blades (don't remember if he got the arms too) - at least I think I recall him ordering them.
Yeah, I seem to remember CrazyMatt having 'em. Although maybe I'm just blind, but his gallery doesn't really show them on his Focus. Maybe those are just old pictures.

Yeah... I'm not quite sure what qualifies as a "performance" windshield wiper. I suppose it's just a marketing gimmick. I'd like to think that we get what we pay for. Some wipers are marked as winter and such, they seem to be more expensive than "regular" ones. And I'm not doubting that they don't do the job better, seeing as how few people complain about false advertising and such.

The Silblades in particular are marketed as having special materials and long life. I'm aware that that's probably just gibberish. Still, I'm willing to put a few extra bucks down to get something unusual, like colored blades. And with the short time I had the red silblades on my first ZX3, before I wrecked it, they were definitely much better than stock.

My only complaint with the Silblades, however, were the plastic clips that came with them. They felt very cheap and they were a HUGE pain in the ass to install onto the Focus. It's a very tight fit, but certainly not impossible to install. Once you get 'em on they're great. Anyway, enough advertising and threadjacking, I just wanted to share my experience with a cool set of blades I found a while back. My apologies...
Old 01-31-2007, 10:25 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 43089
What I Drive: '07, Titanium Grey, MKII Zetec 5dr

FF Reputation: 1 aus.spec Good Standing Member
The MKII foci come with that type of 'frameless' blade on the front and back windscreens, they work a treat and look great. Plus you can say you have the same style windscreen wipers as a Lamborghini Gallaro ;)
Old 02-01-2007, 05:40 AM   #10
Focus Fanatic

As for the "performance" of the blade, it works just fine so far... of course that was just with water, we also get snow and ice here in the northeast, so I'll have to wait and see how it deals with that.
The old blade that was on the car was working fine, but in handling it after I took it off the wiper edge started separating from the rest of the blade, so it was really do for a change!
I've got mileage left on the PIAA wipers on the front, and might consider frameless when they are do for a change... the only point being I don't think PIAA makes frameless yet and I really like the job they do.
Moose, yeah, the black color kind of blends in, but then it is a Liquid Gray car too, so I don't think I'd go putting on a yellow wiper , black is just what's going to work best on that car IMO... at least it is kinda "stealth"

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.