What would you do? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2007, 03:04 AM   #1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 32549
What I Drive: Pitch Black '03 ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 NewBuyer83 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
What would you do?

Took my Focus to the dealer for a few issues...was gullible enough to get the extended warranty...my car has a magnaflow catback and an aem cai.

Not that my car is amazing, but at a dealer they probably don't get many of those.

Took my car in for otherwise mentioned clickity clack...got it back a few days ago...pissed off.

My clutch is DEFINITELY not as tight as when I brought it in.

Thing is, it had just snowed before I brought the car in. Quite a bit.

I'm fairly certain that somebody took my car out for a joy ride while it was in the shop. Second reason I think that is that the car was significantly dirtier when I picked it up than when I dropped it off.

I'm ready to let my anger be known but I need to have my ducks in a row first.

What would you do?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2007, 04:05 AM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15001
What I Drive: 2006 ST Focus

Points 521, Level 10
Points: 521, Level: 10 Points: 521, Level: 10 Points: 521, Level: 10
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 gerryyy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Did you you check the mileage before/after? Let the service manager know right away. Better to strike when the incident first occurs. Most good dealers will want to correct problems. About the ESP, just wait until you have to replace struts, seat heaters or any small expensive thing down the road. It is a good investment.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:43 AM   #3
Focused Focus

Fan#: 16612
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Focus, Sonic Blue

Points 12,236, Level 72
Points: 12,236, Level: 72 Points: 12,236, Level: 72 Points: 12,236, Level: 72
Level Up 47% Completed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 175 b16sir1991 Excellent Standing Member b16sir1991 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (116)
Actually, when you take your car in for service, if the service had anything to do with a problem while your car is being drivin, they have the right to drive the car to find the problem, then afterwards, drive the car to assure its fixed. The only way they wont is if you request that they dont drive the car. Then you have to understand that if they dont check to see if its fixed, then you have no right to complain if its not fixed. I understand your concerns if they went "joy riding", i would have a problem with that as well. Bring your concern up with the service manager and tell him that you feel that the car has been abused while in their possesion and you want "him" to drive the car with you to show him your concern. Do be an ass at first, do things a diplomatic way with him and youll have better results.

Oct 2005 Ride of the month.
SVT Squad #25
Call me Mike......

Give rep points and feedback when you appreciate someone on here!
Old 01-20-2007, 06:51 PM   #4
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryyy View Post
Did you you check the mileage before/after? Let the service manager know right away. Better to strike when the incident first occurs. Most good dealers will want to correct problems. About the ESP, just wait until you have to replace struts, seat heaters or any small expensive thing down the road. It is a good investment.
I'm actually probably going to be lowering the car haha so strut replacement won't be an issue...maybe I shouldn't lower it until after that. Plus the warranty is only till 75k miles. I'd rather not wait to do it though but uh...yeah, we'll see if it's worthwhile.

Thanks for the responses too.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:56 PM   #5
RespectMyAuthoritah!

Fan#: 5761
What I Drive: 06 Mazda6i, 08 Mazda CX7 GT AWD

Points 31,160, Level 100
Points: 31,160, Level: 100 Points: 31,160, Level: 100 Points: 31,160, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 47 lildisco Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Moved to ”General Chat Lounge”

03 SE SVT Wannabe (sold) to help pay for my 08 Cooper Red Mazda CX7 AWD GT
Old 01-20-2007, 09:32 PM   #6
GreyRice WOoT!

Fan#: 25991
What I Drive: GI, '07 zx3 LG

Points 33,254, Level 100
Points: 33,254, Level: 100 Points: 33,254, Level: 100 Points: 33,254, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 53 Klondike Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (26)
everytime i bring my car in, we or they need to take it for a ride first, before they work on it so im assuming thats what they did, just like mike said
Velveeta Lover Shell#1
LOTH 00!
Old 01-21-2007, 03:21 PM   #7
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Well yeah I know, and they've done that before--I've ridden with them. I guess I should have taken it for a ride first but I dropped it off at night right before they closed because I was about to take a trip for the night. It's never been an issue before but now it feels like I am driving a completely different car, or a car with a completely different clutch. It's just rather unsettling and frustrating because, you know, when you take your car to a shop, especially to a dealership, you expect them to take good care of it, not abuse it. I have no official proof that they did, but like I said, the clutch is WAY looser than it was before I dropped it off, making me feel like I'm driving my ex's 12-year old car instead of my 4-year old car. Haha, even her clutch is tighter than mine...
Old 01-21-2007, 07:23 PM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 40684
What I Drive: 2000 Silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 DOHCFOCUS2000SE Good Standing Member
take a look at the clutch cable adjuster
Old 01-22-2007, 09:35 AM   #9
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCFOCUS2000SE View Post
take a look at the clutch cable adjuster
Where is that and what would I do with it? I'm probably going to be taking the car in today or tomorrow to have it looked at...thanks.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:32 PM   #10
your killing my fun

Fan#: 34544
What I Drive: 1995 shitbox neon red

FF Reputation: 18 SquirrelZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
good luck with getting this resolved i took my car in for service once at a dealership my dad worked at. so while i was waiting me and my dad went to get lunch. next thing we know my focus goes flying by us at over 90 mph needless to say when we got back my dad told the owner and the dealership made it up to me and fired the prick that did it and gave him a really bad rep as a mechanic. and the funny part is it was going in for a oil change and there was no reason to drive the car.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.