New to the community // Looking for comparision opinion - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2007, 08:57 PM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 38229
What I Drive: 2006 Jetta 2.5L

FF Reputation: 1 omni1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
New to the community // Looking for comparision opinion

Hello everyone, I was just browsing around the web and came across this site. I must say, lot of cool looking focuses, which is why ive came to ask you guys a few questions as being a newbie to the car/community and (Yes i have used the SEARCH option to look for questions haha) Recently I was involved in a scam by my VW dealer, as they did follow warranty and regulations etc which is why we will be taking legal action against them, but enough with the story, I have been interested in mainly two cars since my lifetime departure from VW and anything german for the time being. The focus and the SRT-4, now I know this post may spark alot of opinions and thoughts which I hope can be narrowed down in simpler terms. But I was curious to know which would be prefered... as one of the cars I do wish to purchase is the Focus. Now many maybe asking what I would be expected of the focus and what my plans would be, and I guess you can say im the type of guy that would want to be outside on a nice spring day under the car installing a new product and tweaking every little thing to make this car top notch and good in performance and at the same time not having to worry about a transmission blowing up like what occured with my VW. My main focus is not to be drag racing or street racing or track, although I would like bring the car to the track every once in awhile and run a few, but other then that it would be my daily driving car as well. Now I am a fan of FI, and im not too familiar with the focus + FI = ? .. and how it runs which is another thing I would like to ask as well, and exactly how the car performs with FI along with the aftermarket items which I have been researching like companies such as Focussport etc. Would the focus have better gains and perform better with a rebuilt engine or FI or the best of both worlds togeter etc. Just throwing some simple but questions out there. Hope the community would be kind to reply.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2007, 09:07 PM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 23521
What I Drive: 2010 genesis coupe track

FF Reputation: 7 project2point Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
built engine plus fi will net about 250-350 whp depending on your set up anything over that will need a return style fuel system
Old 01-18-2007, 11:23 PM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 18989
What I Drive: 2003 black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 bruinsh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
SRT-4 cars are great out of box cars but most people who drive them are 18 year old kids who drive like s and think their car is the best thing since god created earth. not to say your one of those people but thats how most seem to be. If your looking for something more outta the box i like the WRX and im sure you could find one on forums for a decent price. As for the focus, its an awsome car! great gas mileage, great people who mod them, and people underestamate them all the time which is great if you plan on going FI. There are a bunch of foci that run 300+ hp but that is only through a turbo setup and you have to build the internals. The great thing about the focus is now they are selling the 2.3 ltr engine in the focus and when turbo kits are put on them, there is some serious power output. There are a bunch of SC's that can be used for the focus that are resonablely priced. The powerworks SC is $3000 and makes a stock focus put down 220 whp. You can buy a used focus and build the engine and put a turbo on it for cheaper than a SRT-4 and it would have more power. Also the focus is a great car around corners. Some cars have more power stock but on the auto course we kick ass ! Its all what you want to do and how much money you wanna spend. If ya need any help....everyone here is mad friendly and will help ya out. have fun with the test drives
Old 01-18-2007, 11:34 PM   #4
Focus Rookie

definatly bro thanks alot, I have just been debating which one to choose, I mean the whole thing about insurance because of "sports car" has made me lean more towards the focus, I really like the focus and its a sexy looking vehicle. I know both vehicles have alot of parts on the market which is good, but I would like to reach at least 350+ if possible. Has it been achieved yet, and is it possible with the focus?
Old 01-19-2007, 01:09 AM   #5
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: kermit

Points 15,045, Level 79
Points: 15,045, Level: 79 Points: 15,045, Level: 79 Points: 15,045, Level: 79
Level Up 39% Completed
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%
Forum Activity 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%
FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
oh, that mark has been way surpassed...lol
turbo tom has one putting down 514whp i believe it was. several people are in the 300whp range on the forum, just look around a bit.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:18 AM   #6
Focus Rookie

the thing is i have been trying to find used SVT's and no one is selling them in my area at all, except for one thats like 99 thousand & something miles, which im scrared to even purchase lol. but hmm.. do you think if I just buy that one, I can just rebuild that engine? oh and ive tried searching for SVT Turbocharger kits and cant seem to find any market kits, unless this is just like the regular 2.0 litre duratecs??

thats another thing too, what differs a regular duratec focus to a SVT? As far as performance / aftermarket etc, as well as do the different models / years differ from each other etc, for example MK1 compared to a MK3 etc etc, is everything still the same as far as engine wise.

oh and another thing.. how are the transmissions in these babies?
Old 01-19-2007, 01:22 AM   #7
OMGVTAK!

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '13 Taffeta White Civic Si Sedan

Points 190,364, Level 100
Points: 190,364, Level: 100 Points: 190,364, Level: 100 Points: 190,364, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing Member Chick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
Well, if you like the new style Focus's (05 +) and like sedan's I've got a ST for sale <---shameless plug. LOL.

If you have a theme idea for Ride of the Month or any other suggestions, please feel free to PM me!
Old 01-19-2007, 07:57 AM   #8
Focus Rookie

Thanks chick but I actually cant decide yet exactly as to what I would like to purchase, because both hatch and 4 door are both great looking cars :)
Old 01-19-2007, 08:16 AM   #9
12 years strong

Fan#: 111
What I Drive: '02 zx5

Points 14,749, Level 78
Points: 14,749, Level: 78 Points: 14,749, Level: 78 Points: 14,749, Level: 78
Level Up 75% Completed
Level up: 75% Level up: 75% Level up: 75%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 17 1sloho Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
well the svt isnt a duratec. its a built up 2.0 zetec and if u wanted to do fi, then that is the car i would do it with. at the time, the regular foci put out 130hp at the fly and the svt was rated at 170 at the fly. if u havent already, look through the fi forums and look in the focus power forums(turbo tom). TONS of info in there.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:03 AM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 42657
What I Drive: 2007 silver zx3 SES

FF Reputation: 1 Snatchback Good Standing Member
(no offense to you 4doorers) im a huge fan of the hatch, but i guess it depends onhow many people will be in and out of the car, day in/day out. they are great little cars, off the lot, their handling is excellent (i hit highway turns at 95+ mph with no problem) and they have awesome pick up. im not a huge fan of ford, but the 2.0 duratec has absolutely blown me out of the water and i am in love with this little car.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.