so i might be leaving my focus....:) - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2007, 03:12 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 34236
What I Drive: new-2002 civic si old-2002 spi

FF Reputation: 1 illusionsoflife Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
so i might be leaving my focus....:)

i know there are gonna be those ( nothing rice for me your screwed buying a honda man) people in here but oh well. its 2:07am so today in 7 hours im heading over to the dealer that has a used 2002 civic si. with 60k miles. i have spent over 3k dollars in repairs in 19 months i have owned my spi. most of them are not wear and tear either. everytime i get my car back from the shop i am happy and have faith in my car...then on average about every 3 months something major goes wrong. i deliver pizza and need my car to double as a work car and daily driver...it has a big enough back seat so i can still fit a car seat...my girlfriend is having a baby in july!! and i wont have as much money to spend on repairs so i need to get something now. i know its not the coolest of hatch backs but its nice inside. i jus need it to last 3 years till i get out of school and my girlfriend is out. what do you all think of that civic? not askingthose who will comment about how stupid or "gay" hondas are. i know some of you respect the import world. i would be keeping the car stock. tinting windows and putting my lcd screen in the civic but thats it. not performance mods at all. let me know if this is a good choice for the next 3 years...and ill be sticking around in this forum. civic forum people are funny though...really cocky...n dey talk like dis

im for 03orange.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2007, 03:53 AM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 41607
What I Drive: 2006 Pitch Black ST(SAP)

FF Reputation: 1 BlackST Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
yea a civic would prob last a long time g/l with it. and dat iz ghey in stuff
ST Crew #56
Old 01-12-2007, 05:08 AM   #3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 19017
What I Drive: '04 Liquid Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 12 StealthGray Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Regardless of the Honda haters that you run into Honda builds good quality cars. The one car I owned that easily wins the most fun per dollar contest was an '86 CRX, basically a four-wheel motorcycle... what a blast. And now that I think about it I drove that car for four years and never had ANY problems with it.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:01 PM   #4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 34000
What I Drive: 2007 Reflex Silver VW Rabbit

FF Reputation: 5 Sinan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Its cool man. Even though I hate Hondas, I'll support you in your purchase because I see you need a reliable car with a baby coming.

But, I must say, WHY HONDA!!?? hehe just kidding man.

Anway, as you probably know, any used car is a risky car and you never know what's gonna give. It can be a Ferrari, but if it's used its that closer to breaking down. I guess what I'm trying to say is that a car with a warranty is the best car. Doesn't matter if it's a Geo or a Mercedes.

Wish you well with your Honda. Expect lots of "looks" from the non-Honda fans though.
Team Duratec #57
Just like I am a lesbian trapped in a male body, my Focus is RS trapped in ZX3 body.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:14 PM   #5
Made In The USA

Fan#: 42455
What I Drive: Pitch Black 07 ST w/S.A.P.

FF Reputation: 89 auto Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
i don't like Honda my self but i do have to admit that they do build some nice reliable cars. My buddy had a CRX and you cant even imagine what that poor car went through on a daily basis.

OH NO....you can not imaging what that car was put through!!!

But it never died or even complained with strange noises or failing parts. You just couldn't kill that thing. And i highly doubt that a focus (as much as i love them!) could have handled what that car did. I know many many people that have owned and own hondas and they love them.

I think that most people complain about those cars because their own cars just don't have the crazy number of after market options and they are stuck with something nearly stock because of an inability or lack of imagination to make there own stuff. Honda can be crazy fast, look good and most important be very reliable for CHEAP money.

Good luck with your ride!
Old 01-12-2007, 05:23 PM   #6
Turbo!!!!

Fan#: 33699
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Sonic 1.4 Turbo LTZ

FF Reputation: 30 WitchCitySVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
2002 Si is a quality car. From all the problems you've had ,I'm sure it will be a refreshing change. Good luck, but look out for those SVT Focuses !

2003 Competition Orange SVT *Revived*
2012 Black Sonic 1.4 Turbo LTZ
Old 01-12-2007, 05:30 PM   #7
Focus Addict

Fan#: 29836
What I Drive: 2008 MS3

FF Reputation: 8 focusdarko Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
I wanted a Civic Si but didnt find one for a reasonable price. Hondas last forever and they are nice looking. Im an Import guy and had my Focus forced on me but i still love it. The Si will be good for 3 years no problem
Old 01-12-2007, 05:51 PM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 32333
What I Drive: 2003 Liquid Grey ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 DarkHorse Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
The 2002 Si has always been one of my favorite Hondas, good luck in your purchase.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:10 PM   #9
Focus Addict

Fan#: 39925
What I Drive: Black on black

FF Reputation: 5 edmhatch Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
ncie car, and its an si too :). you will be happy with ti they are reliable cars, but its still a h0ndaaaaaa. lol. nice though!!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...lr%3D%26sa%3DG

but eh its ok looking body- still an si. if it was not an si i wouldnt want it. anything done to it? :)
<LOTH #23>
Old 01-12-2007, 09:16 PM   #10
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11226
What I Drive: 1991 BMW 318is

FF Reputation: 20 SVT_BMXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
I've heard good and bad about that generation Si. From reliability issue's to them not having the real "Si spirit" due to the fact they are heavier than a focus. Reguardless I still like them, by far my favorite Si model. Go take it for a spin and go from there. It's hard to tell if you going to like a car without driving (i.e. me and my focus). Don't mind the honda hate. Most of it is ignorance or closed mindedness.

Current:1991 BMW 318is: Bilstein sports, H&R springs, TMS chip, UUC short shifter, dyna-max muffler

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.