my car is totaled, what to get now... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2007, 02:17 AM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 42466
FF Reputation: 1 casplitintl Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
my car is totaled, what to get now...

i recently got rear ended in my zx3, its totaled. i dont know what to get now.... i was looking at the cobalt i never thought id go chevy but it was pretty nice what do you think? also they said it had a stage 2 kit....and the price was about 4 grand above reg retail.... i looked it up the kit is only like a 400 dollar upgrade....anyway i dont know if i should go zx3 again...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2007, 02:26 AM   #2
zal
Focus Addict

Fan#: 28635
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black LX

FF Reputation: 1 zal Good Standing Member
cobalts are the same old shit as well. what features are you exactly looking for, and why not the foucs?
MacBook 2.0 Black
"The Focus looks kinda like a retarded shark with wheels"
Old 01-12-2007, 03:17 AM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 34236
What I Drive: new-2002 civic si old-2002 spi

FF Reputation: 1 illusionsoflife Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
depends what your gonna do. for me...i use my car for my job and go to cali 3 times a year or so. im in arizona its about 1200 miles there and back. i do around 32000 miles a year. so im going civic hopfully in the next week or so. everyone will say go zx3 again but its your call. i do like the look of the focus just i had a bad experance with mine. as you can tell there not all bad cars. im just in the low percent that has bad luck. cobalt looks cool but only the ss/sc model...i dont like the normal looking ones. if you give a price limit im sure youll get better answers too

im for 03orange.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:26 AM   #4
Turbo!!!!

Fan#: 33699
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Sonic 1.4 Turbo LTZ

FF Reputation: 30 WitchCitySVT Great Standing Member
I'm guessing you looking at the SS/SC ,unless there is a stage 2 kit for the N/A Cobalt. I think it's a good car for the money, but you may want to look at the new Civic Si , the Mini S ,and the New VW GTi. I know that you can get a really good deal on a Mini S right now because it's getting a facelift for the next model year, therefore the dealers want the Old style of the lot.It's also going from S/C to Turbo for the next year ,but the S/C model is still a great car with tons of aftermarket.

2003 Competition Orange SVT *Revived*
2012 Black Sonic 1.4 Turbo LTZ
Old 01-12-2007, 09:43 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 31045
What I Drive: 2006 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 bigplyr77 Good Standing Member
i think the Mini S is a cool car and its turbo, or maybe scion tc with a turbo on it? just an idea
Old 01-12-2007, 10:31 AM   #6
Was that our exit?!?

Fan#: 22047
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue Supercharged SVT

FF Reputation: 30 Charged SVTF Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Mini Cooper S is supercharged. Scion TCs dont come with turbos but do have an optional JRSC packaged badged with their TRD division. I would look into Stage 2 Cobalts. Come with warranty and are fast!

(Here is a plug for my car) You could buy my '02 Sonic without supercharger $7000 or with for $9000. (couldnt resist)
2002 Sonic Blue SVT #246 of 4788 cardomain.com/ride/2483606
- JRSC BBK - Exhaust - Intake - Suspension -
First Place 2007 Season SJR-SCCA Solo and 2007 Rookie of the Year SJR-SCCA #20 SM
Old 01-12-2007, 12:50 PM   #7
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 26,111, Level 96
Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
depends on what you do, what your priorities are in a car and what your price limit is. personally i wouldnt get another foucs zx3 or maybe even a focus, just b/c id wanna try something different. But what are you looking for in a car?
Old 01-12-2007, 01:02 PM   #8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26230
What I Drive: 2004 CD Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 5 SVT Robzor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
There are tons of options out there. Sticking to at or around $10k, my favorites include:

03-04 SVTf - have to list it first or face terrible shame among my peers.
Sentra SE-R - Refined they are not, but the gearing is decent and the motor pulls like a mother, if you're looking for a torquey I-4 you can get these cheap now. Spec V's rock a 6 speed, OEM 17s and a helical front LSD.
2.5RS - steering isnt that great, nor is out of the box handling, but AWD is fun and subaru has a healthy aftermarket. After 2000 or so they're pretty reliable, only gripe I hear on their forums is they tend to chew wheel bearings.
02-05 Civic SI - I know what everybody's about to say and they can go ahead and stuff it. It's not a super sporty compact, but its got a real nice interior, seats kick the crap out of the SVT's and it has a very, very well put together driveline. Yes, it got the weak-sauce A3-version cylinder head, it's still a quick car and their resale value is low for Hondas, they can be had at or under $10k now, which is a deal in my mind.

Wild card pick: Late model Tacoma. Only truck I've ever driven that I can drive like a car, love my buddy's Taco. You can drive over a curb without totaling it, which is nice. Makes more sense in the north east though, 4wd is FTW in our winters.

Let us know what you end up deciding!
Old 01-12-2007, 01:30 PM   #9
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 42466
FF Reputation: 1 casplitintl Good Standing Member
im thinking of about 20,000 at the most, i liked my focus it was really reliable etc, which is one thing im looking for... also i've always wanted to go forced induction so thats a plus with the cobalt ss
Old 01-12-2007, 01:38 PM   #10
Focus Addict

Fan#: 34536
What I Drive: SVTF

FF Reputation: 15 Anaxagoras1986 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Do you drive a ton of miles? If not you might want to consider an E46. Those can be had for under 20k and they are really nice.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.