Damage Control--The Bodykit dillema - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2004, 07:06 PM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 5842
What I Drive: ZTS & ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Mrz Horsepower Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The Sedan BodyKit (and you can FINALLY buy it now...)

Hi boys and girls.

Okay, so after all of this:

F2 Focus Performance

Turns out that the guy who originally tooled the kit went behind our back and gave the molds to QEIRacing.com. We still don't know if there was a deal set up with F2 or not, because it seems that everytime a stone is turned over, a new lie rears it's ugly head. But the words 'exclusive' came up in previous conversations, so who knows.

"Quick" with www.qeiracing.com will be the ethical one in all of this, and by verbal agreement (which I just heard, between him and my husband), will at least give recognition where it is due, by calling the kit oh his website and eBay auctions what we originally called the whole concept--the "Pro-DTM" bodystyling kit by Evolution In Motion.

The one WE DESIGNED FOR FORD'S BOOTH AT SEMA 2003! Now I know why I bought Spongebob in the first place--so we didn't have to deal with all that crap. But the sedan got oogled over by you phocus phreaxor5, so it was worth it, at least until now.

Quick says the kit is available in fiberglass, and will be available in urethane soon.
Just an FYI--the front end is LOW, so all you guys with Sportlines and 2" drops buy at your own risk. We've got the KW's turned down pretty low, and we take all steep driveways and dips with care.

Thanks for all of your support through this. And DON'T come complaining to us about any product!

Last edited by Mrz Horsepower; 04-06-2004 at 07:38 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2004, 07:55 PM   #2
mefocuslongtime

Fan#: 5
What I Drive: Beltfed,extra pullified,weeemachine

FF Reputation: 6 mofocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
so wait, now your promoting the kit from them? are you getting anything out of the deals yet?
Old 04-06-2004, 08:05 PM   #3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 5842
What I Drive: ZTS & ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Mrz Horsepower Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Since there was no official paperwork signed in the beginning, realistically we won't get compensated.

The thing that pissed us off the most was the fact that F2, a new company to the scene (and then QEI--but that was resolved) were claiming that the kit was their 'new design' blah blah blah. Then, when Jeff called them on it at the show, they tried to deny it at first, basically lying to him. Until I went online and started doing some research.

The shady one out of all of this is the guy who tooled it. We realized that he needed to make his money back on the tooling, but it would have been nice for him to tell us what his plans were with it, originally, rather than blow us off all this time--and then find out THIS way. We could have sold a ton of kits for him by now. (I get constant PMs on the Jet about the kit, the kit, the kit....)

So we don't get shit, monetarily. But at least you all KNOW who designed it, and who's car it was on FIRST.

And believe me, we're going to make sure all of our associates at Ford, SEMA, the magazines, and otherwise know as well. Most of them do. We'll just enlighten them to what is going on. FocusFanatics and HCI bug us all the time about getting a photo shoot scheduled. Not until the sedan gets some ICE! lolol (FastCar UK won't shoot it UNTIL it gets ICE LOL! those guys are freaks for that over there)

All I have to say is my next car is a hot rod!! No more of this crap to deal with!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.