2004 Focus ZX3 Comfort, Opinions? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2004, 01:57 AM   #1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 5870
What I Drive: 2011 Mustang GT 300A M6 3.55

FF Reputation: 1 Gene K Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2004 Focus ZX3 Comfort, Opinions?

Okay guys I am new here. I am in the USA.

After shopping aroung for a CHEAP new car that is not totally boring I have been looking pretty hard at the Focus ZX3.

Here is where I am at:

2004 Focus ZX3 Comfort (A/C, CD, Tilt, Leather Wheel, Cruise, Etc)
2.3L PZEV Engine (+$115)
16" Aluminum Wheels (+$130)

Dealer Invoice - $3000 Rebate = $11500 USD

My stepup option is:

Misubishi Lancer Ralliart (ABS, Full Power, 2.4L 162 bhp, EVO Shifter, EVO Steering, Great Seats, Good Suspension Tuning, Good Brakes).

Dealer Invoice - $1500 Rebate - $500 Customer Loyalty = $15400 USD

I have driven pretty much every compact car available and these are my favorites for the dollar. I was really suprised I prefered the Ralliart to the SE-R Spec-V and Mazda 3s. The Focus SVT might have been a little better than the Ralliart but was a good bit more expensive in real world price.

Tell me your thoughts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2004, 07:28 AM   #2
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 5876
What I Drive: Nothing at all

Points 97, Level 1
Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1
Level Up 94% Completed
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 0 dj4monie Newbie
Well with the $3000 rebate the SVT is a good choice at around $17,500 if you can find one without the Euro pkg and some of the higher priced options on it or even a 2003 model which are still floating around.

SpecV is just a disapointment period. Nimso does offer some nice upgrade to the car though. I would love to have the Mazda 3's bodyshell rather than the Focus' but there's no rebate (owner loyality only) and the 2.0L I version still sells for over $14,000 with nothing in it!

Depends on what your after, but the aftermarket for the Focus is way more than what any non-DSM Mitsubish has and I doubt the Ralliart will be supported either. Just not enough people buying the car. Blame Mitsubshi's marketing and heavy discounting of the cars in the media.

The Ralliart makes good power now, but you won't be able to get much more out of it later.

I'd get the Focus and save some money... Just my .02

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Stage 3R GONE! :(

Next? Unsure.....
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2004, 08:50 PM   #3
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

I really thought this would generate more opinions. I did expect it to biased opinion on a focus board but still opinions.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:21 PM   #4
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
i would have given you my opinion, but i missed the thread, i have mondays off, so i never saw it, sorry....

my opinion:
i dont like the lancers all that much. (unless its an evo, lol) i have not personally driven a ralliart, but i have driven the oz edition. the interior of the lancer just looked plain and boring in my opinion. the outside is not that great either.

i personally love the style of the focus, and you can do so much to them to personalize it. i would save the green and go with a focus. (but in that price range, if you look hard and are lucky, you might be able to find an svt, if you can do that, it would be sweet.)
Old 04-08-2004, 11:59 PM   #5
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by crazy_urn
i would have given you my opinion, but i missed the thread, i have mondays off, so i never saw it, sorry....

my opinion:
i dont like the lancers all that much. (unless its an evo, lol) i have not personally driven a ralliart, but i have driven the oz edition. the interior of the lancer just looked plain and boring in my opinion. the outside is not that great either.

i personally love the style of the focus, and you can do so much to them to personalize it. i would save the green and go with a focus. (but in that price range, if you look hard and are lucky, you might be able to find an svt, if you can do that, it would be sweet.)
A OZ is just a std chassis with some dress-up items.

The Ralliart adds a lot of hardware - Bigger Engine, Better Brakes, Better Seats, Better Steering, Better Shifter, Lower Gearing, etc.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:12 AM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 5957
What I Drive: 00 I-R ZX3/ 07 Reflex Silver GTI

FF Reputation: 1 hkysk8r07 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
F both of them get a 03' SE-R
Old 04-09-2004, 02:46 AM   #7
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by hkysk8r07
F both of them get a 03' SE-R
A Ralliart would hand a SE-R Spec V its butt on a road course.

SVT and Ralliart would be a pretty close match with the same tires (All-Seasons have to go!). Ralliart has better seats, steering, and shifter than SVT. SVT has a better ride and has a more sporting engine feel.
Old 04-09-2004, 02:59 AM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4883
What I Drive: '03 White ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 sexsi_wht_focus Good Standing Member
I agree with Gene K. I would personally go with the SVT because it rides better and I am all for comfort, but I could never afford one so I just got the ZX3 but still it rides great. I like to take trips around the island and one day we went with my friend and he has a Ralliart and man if was uncomfortable and didn't get that good of gas. When we took my car, (a reg. ZX3) there was so much more comfort and I got better gas and my car never felt like it was tired or anything. The Ralli felt like it was tired (we made so much stops too) and towards the end of our trip it felt like it had lost power. That's just imo and also my $0.02.....so good luck. I also think the Ralli has better options as Gene K stated......but I am more for comfort and ride
Old 04-09-2004, 07:47 AM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4882
What I Drive: 2004 InfraRed ZX3 Duratec(PZEV) 2.3L

FF Reputation: 1 tarball Good Standing Member
I have that same model (all options same). My piece of shit has been in the shop twice and I've only owned it since 03/16/2004.

THAT is my MY opinion.

Jeff
Old 04-09-2004, 10:34 AM   #10

Fan#: 6033
What I Drive: 2001 Yellow zx3

FF Reputation: 1 LFordChick3187 Good Standing Member
Buy the focus!!!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.