Help me get the EURO focus here - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2006, 12:00 AM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 5840
What I Drive: Burned 300hp Turboed black 00 ZTS

FF Reputation: 6 FOCUS ZTS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Help me get the EURO focus here

I am writing a letter to Ford to ask and complain why does a US car company give the best stuff to Europe (a much better question in the letter). I want as many comments i can get to put in the letter and related questions. Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2006, 10:13 AM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 41373
What I Drive: 2006 Pitch Black ZX3 SE

FF Reputation: 1 Godspeed9mm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOCUS ZTS View Post
I am writing a letter to Ford to ask and complain why does a US car company give the best stuff to Europe (a much better question in the letter). I want as many comments i can get to put in the letter and related questions. Thanks
Well, there are several approaches to this, and points of view.

The first thing that comes to my mind, is why?

Itís a completely different style for vehicles here in Germany, they arenít simply Ďgivingí it away, and itís just how it is here. The people and companies push a different standard, and taste into the vehicles.

I live in Germany, and have been for around 3 years. The Euro focus looks not so apealing to me, it might be because I rarely see American Focus's aside from people on base, and my own. But I prefer the American look as well as the Germans compliment my car more then a Euro focus. From my observation is the kind of thing that you just grow into, what your raised with. I guess you would have to understand Fords view point as well in America. They are quick to nip something if it doesnít meet a projection they had. They are starting to hit rock bottom with their sales department, and I highly doubt if you had 10,000 people with you, you still would not get that you want. The most you might get is a free oil change and a half pre written half sympathy return letter.

Iím not trying to pop your bubble, but itís the wrong approach. Just because there are a select few enthusiasts that would like a European conversion of the ford focus, doesnít mean the majority of the population of targeted buyers would accept the idea. Itís all a business strategy. Iím not down talking your letter, go ahead and write it, but I can assure you nothing will arise from this, and as stated before, the focus will regress into a ZX2 type vehicle. Ford has made a lot of grave mistakes with its vehicle line, Such as the Contour, and other vehicles, they change platforms to much. Look at Honda, Toyota, etc. They have been expanding the same vehicle platforms for the past 15 years or more. Ford seems to think the best way is to inject a new platform, with new power plants, new suspension systems, new everything all in one total package. This is a guarantied progressive problem. You CANNOT engineer something perfect the first time, and Ford, Mercury, Lincoln is reaping what it has sewn by creating the Focus, Contour, Fusion, Escape, and Cougar. Three of the platforms have been nipped in the early stage, when sells were tilting on a fulcrum, and the product was actually improved through research and redesign. If ford would of held onto the contour, and kept the de-badged version Mondeo as here in Germany Iím sure there would be larger market, and more European influence and possibly for the Focus, but for cant seem to keep something going for fear of suppressed sells. This in turn has buried them in the long run. The Focus and Mondeo are both incredibly reliable machines here in Germany, and have good sells and footprints on the economy.

Just stating some background information and such, I am a previous Ford Contour owner, 99 SVT, I totaled the ca, which is a bum, but as a consistent Ford owner, I am heavily disturbed with the company performance, and over all status. If ford were to keep the Focus as is, I would say that this is a possibility, but since itís getting downgraded to a green peace, tree hugging market, it is a definite impossibility. Speaking of the fuel efficiency battle recently, Ford is making another mistake with its standpoint investing so much into this MPG war, did you know that Ford is actually losing money on selling the Focus at this point in time? They are losing money on all of their sells because of all the new power plant redesigns, and new Zero Emission vehicles they are trying to invest so much into. Of course if they hit the target they are intending sells to reach, they will in turn make profit, but as of now, they are in a bad situation.

Just my .02

-Rob
Old 12-24-2006, 10:58 AM   #3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11226
What I Drive: 1991 BMW 318is

FF Reputation: 20 SVT_BMXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Isn't there a whole thread about this somewhere? I'm sure you could get plenty of opinions and quotes from there.

Current:1991 BMW 318is: Bilstein sports, H&R springs, TMS chip, UUC short shifter, dyna-max muffler
Old 12-24-2006, 11:46 AM   #4
Spin

Fan#: 36660
What I Drive: 2006 Screaming Yellow Focus ZX3 S

FF Reputation: 9 BobBernard Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
^^If this one is the one your talking about:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showt...threadid=64210

It's "How much would you pay for a MK2 Ford Focus ST".

Ford should know some of it's customers interested in performance
will gladly be checking out the MS3, they could compete.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:19 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 35829
What I Drive: 2005 CD Silver zx3

FF Reputation: 6 Stuka Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
From a performance stand point the euro focus out performs ours in just about every way. With the exception of fuel economy. Its a larger car than ours as well. It would not compete with the civic and corolla like it does now. It would be closer to the size and class of the Fusion. I personally would love one, but it would cost more. Look at the price of the new Volvo that uses the euro Focus platform, it starts at 23k. Thats a long ways away from the 14k that they currently start at.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:23 PM   #6
zal
Focus Addict

Fan#: 28635
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black LX

FF Reputation: 1 zal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
^ it'd be closer to the size of a mazda 3 actually
MacBook 2.0 Black
"The Focus looks kinda like a retarded shark with wheels"
Old 12-24-2006, 02:20 PM   #7
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26230
What I Drive: 2004 CD Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 5 SVT Robzor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I'd be interested to see a spec sheet side-by-side comparo between the Mazda Axela (Mazda3) and the C1 Focus. Its my guess that the differences are almost entirely aesthetic. Something to keep reminding people here, its not like Ford group has denied our continent of C1 chassis technology; and if the counterpoint is even more bleed-blue, support our workers stuff, I'm going to be more than a little disappointed.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.