Taking my car in for some WARRANTY Work - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2006, 01:53 PM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 10888
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZX3 2.3L Duratec

FF Reputation: 1 j-dane Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Taking my car in for some WARRANTY Work

The main reason that I'm taking my car in, is that one of the engine mounts are bad, I hear clanking noises when i shift, and when i'm driving. I have 50k miles but called them to see if they will cover it. They said they will since powertrain is 100k miles. I'm also going to have them fix my license plate light (not working), reverse light(not working), and my cruise control (not working) and to top it off, there's a rattle that bugs the hell out of me in the passenger/rear panel. Now I wonder if they will cover any of these considering my car's modded.

Well it's a duratec with intake, and svtexhaust/body kit/supension/etc. They might say that the mount was abused due to mods. As far as voiding the electrical, I have alarm/remote start, there's wire all over the fuse box, and when they open it, they probably will have a hard time looking at the fuses. Also i converted to power windows so there's more wires there, and I have an amp, and a 12" sub. On top of that, I'm asking for the little rattle and they might say it's due to my stiff aftermarket suspension, and the sub. Hehehehe... I know you all are probably wondering, what's the point then? Well might as well give it a try, since the warranty will be over sooner or later. I will let you know how everything goes. All i have to do is put my stock front bumper back so they can make it out the driveway and maybe disconnect the sub, so they dont blame it on that directly.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2006, 03:11 AM   #2
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 32821
What I Drive: 2006 Liquid Gray ZX4 SES

FF Reputation: 1 kjw86ca Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
unless you purchased some kind of extended bumper to bumper warranty, the ONLY thing you posted that WILL be covered under the Powertrain warranty is the mount.

Door rattles, lights, etc are only covered for the first 36k miles.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:11 AM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 36836
What I Drive: 2004 Cloud 9 ZX3 W/05 FE

FF Reputation: 1 allen_rubin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
well i bought my car used from my dealership and it had 14k miles on it....... Had a choice to upgrade the warranty so i have the powertrain for 100,000 miles and they include everything!! except the some regular wear and tear.... I think theyll only say something if you did a crappy job on all the work youve done to it. But if it all looks professional then they shouldnt say much. So yea its a toss up on wat they are gonna say :)
Old 12-24-2006, 12:13 PM   #4
Focus Addict

I believe ihave extended warranty but i might be drivetrain.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:29 PM   #5
Focus Addict

I tried taking it in, and before they took it, they said they were going to charge me 90 dollars deductible for the engine mounts which may be covered, and 270 dollars for diagnosing the electrical problems. He said there's a charge since it's passed 36k miles and there's a deductible, so I didn't end up taking it since I'd rather do it myself.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.