Insurance - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2004, 02:24 PM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 4116
FF Reputation: 1 hittman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Insurance

my dad called Geico today and asked them for price quotes on some cars i can look into for my 1st car... and the SVT focus was consiberly more then a ZX3.. it was more then the celicas and all..
heres what i got..(per month)

2000 Mustang V-6- $111
2001 ZX3- $103
2002 SVT- $126
2001 Grand Am GT- $113
2001 Celica GT- $112
1997 Mustang GT-$111

I really wouldnt mind that Mustang GT, but it will take some serious sweet talking for a V-8.. and i would love a 2002 SVTF but, i think the resale is kinda of high... so what do u think i should do? any other cars pop into ur mind that would make a good first car? with relitively low insurance

[img]http://webpages.charter.net/hittmansigs/hittman/back.gif[/img]
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2004, 02:35 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5029
What I Drive: 2003 Cloud 9 White ZTS 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 On_Cloud_9 Good Standing Member
They all would be kewl first cars.. i owned a grand am and it was a P.O.S. so I wouldnt recomend it. Im kinda partial to the Foci's (shocking I know) so the ZX3 or the SVT would be my pick.
Old 04-03-2004, 02:38 PM   #3
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Fan#: 5521
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus 2009 BMW 335i

Points 37,688, Level 100
Points: 37,688, Level: 100 Points: 37,688, Level: 100 Points: 37,688, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 34 tukaniSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I drive an SVT and i love it...surprisingly the quotes you have are quite different from when i quoted them. I found that the SVT Focus had the lowest insurance from where i am and the v8 cars had a higher cost of insurance...but back to the first car deal...i love my foci, but even a honda would be an ok first car...after all it is the first car.
Hatch Nation Member: #147

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.
Old 04-03-2004, 03:09 PM   #4
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 4116
FF Reputation: 1 hittman Good Standing Member
yea... those quotes are under my dad, b/c insurance with those cars under my name would be liek 2x that much.. i will be under a 96 contour...and the V-8 is lower b/c it is old according to the women... do those prices seem high to anyone?? my sisters is only 40 a month with a 96 contour.. but i dunno... mine is liek 3 of that haha.. i cant find an SVT focus for a reasonable price.. liek a 2002 for 10k.. like they should be according to www.kbb.com but ohh well..

[img]http://webpages.charter.net/hittmansigs/hittman/back.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2004, 03:55 PM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2692
What I Drive: 2003 sangria red zx3

FF Reputation: 1 staticprevails4 Good Standing Member
I'd take either the zx3 or the svtf cause both arent that expencive and there are tons of aftermarket parts for both and I've had 7 mustangs so I need a brak from them anyway.

"I'm so poor I can't afford to pay attention."
Old 04-03-2004, 04:46 PM   #6
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 2751
What I Drive: 2002 MaliBlue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 TX-ZX3 Good Standing Member
How old are you? Age plays a significant role in your premium.

I'm 20 and paying $140/mo for liability only, but I live in south Texas where car thefts are pretty common. Next year it drops to about $70/80 and when I hit 25 it'll be around $40.

If I were to get comprehensive coverage right now, it would be around $300/mo... no way I'm paying that, half my paycheck would be going for just insurance, let alone gas and maintenance costs and all the other junk a college student needs :p
Old 04-03-2004, 05:08 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3017
What I Drive: 2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 w/ Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 IndyLiquidGreyZX3 Good Standing Member
Focus Sedan, or ZX3!!!

I know some people on here might disagree w/ me. But, check out Ebay. I bought my focus brand new for $16,500, and you can get them off of Ebay for about $8,000 like mine w/ 20,000 miles also. Makes me kinda wish I bought a used one. Only $8,500 less than the new one w/ low miles. My bro bought his green 2002 sedan with like 30,000 miles on it for like $6,000 off ebay. The dealer was here in indiana and he went up w/ my dad and test drove and bought it. Its a sweeeet little car for the price, it was worth like $8,500. Just my opinion. Just make sure its someone that will let you go test drive it b4 u buy it!!!

brandon

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.