need to vent.. - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2004, 11:29 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3301
What I Drive: Pitch Black 01 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Blurry ZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
need to vent..

I work with two other kids with 4 cyl cars. One has a early 90's white VW Golf, the other has a Hyundai Accent. The one with the VW was going off today at the other kid how his car is rice and is a junk car. Its bright green with yellow graphics and an obnoxious exhuast. But the kid says he knows it is ricey but he likes that "style" and loves the F&F movies.

The kicker is that the kid with the VW just cut off his muffler and put on a 5 inch grapefruit shooter on his, painted all the trim bright blue, and is in the process of putting dragon graphics on it. I asked him if he realized he was ricing out his car.. he said its can't be rice unless it is a japanese car (even though the hyundai is Korean i believe). So i tried to explain to him what rice was.. than.. THAN.. he calls my car rice too!! ooooh man.. the lil b@stard... I have a black zx3, lowered about 2in and tinted. a clean black car with a Thermal exhaust.. but he said if his car is rice than any sport compact car is rice.. the Fast & the Furious has warped their fragile little minds!! that should be an NC-17 movie so kids aren't corrupted during their impressionable years! my car rice... grrrrr...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2004, 12:25 AM   #2

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
Yup, Hyundai is Korean. I think a lot of people say "Japanese" when what they really mean is "asian." Anyway, yeah... bunch of retards. I'm trying to imagine what an Accent with a lime green paint job and yellow graphics would look like - and it ain't a pretty thought. Yuck. Shame about the VW, they have built-in Euro style (which some people spend lots of money to try to emulate) and yet I see so many of them ruined by the exact stuff you're talking about.
Old 03-28-2004, 03:32 AM   #3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2116
What I Drive: 05 Silver WRX Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 rockthezx3 Good Standing Member
If the kid with the hyundai says he likes that style, and doesnt claim his car is the fastest thing ever, then I dont think it's rice. The kid with the golf, he's already pure rice, in my mind atleast. I think it's all in the drivers attitude, instead of what they turned their car into.
...now with dyno tuned stage 2
Old 03-28-2004, 03:49 AM   #4
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 745
What I Drive: '03 hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Infra3sv Good Standing Member
Everyone rags on Hyundai. I think the Tibby is one of the coolest cars on the road. My buddy had an older bodystyle 4 cylinder. I don't know much about the new ones but the older 4 cylinder was a cool car in my book. He got it for 9,000.
Old 03-28-2004, 03:52 AM   #5
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 5361
FF Reputation: 1 mepr Good Standing Member
i defenitely agree whith rock. I dont have a problem with ricers, its just when they act realy ignorant (like the VW owner in this situation) that i have a problem. Though when ever something goes wrong ill blame it on "the f***'in Hondas"
Old 03-28-2004, 10:29 AM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4546
What I Drive: 2k SilverZX3 5-speed

FF Reputation: 1 QuikSilverZX3 Good Standing Member
exactly blame it on those damn hondas..... i tottally agree.. the kid in the accent has the right attitude and dosent think he is the shit... but that ass with the VW is jus a dick.... i had this problem when i went to holiday beach ( 1/8th track) and this 16 year old kid in his civic was talkin major shit.... u would have thought he had a RB26DETT motor in it... "yea i got my block ported and polished, bored, new mani, pistons etc... etc..... " we get to the line to to our burn out and 2 second into it he blows a head gasket and knocks his axel out of place..... yea thats what you get for tryin to be vin diesel... my cars not fast, i know its not.. when people ask me is that thing fast... my response is always "its alright" rice isnt with the car or decals... its all in the attitude
Old 03-28-2004, 03:19 PM   #7
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 5482
What I Drive: 2002 civic si

FF Reputation: 1 jaypee Good Standing Member
my definition of rice covers all sport compact cars, with loud exhaust, custom wheels, tint, subwoofers, lowered so they bump agaisnt the ground, custom paint that makes it burn my eyes. i wouldn't worry about being rice because almost everyone that drives a modified sport compact will be called it once and awhile. btw anyway modded hyundai is rice, its pretty sad that people mod those things when they could just buy a used HONDA.
Old 03-28-2004, 03:25 PM   #8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 81
What I Drive: 2003 Liquid grey ZX3, 95 240SX SE

FF Reputation: 1 ZETEC3 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by jaypee
btw anyway modded hyundai is rice, its pretty sad that people mod those things when they could just buy a used HONDA.
The new Tiburons are pretty nice cars. And your car can never be rice (unless your referring to it as it bieng from asia) just becuz you mod it, its determined by what the mods are.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:19 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4883
What I Drive: '03 White ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 sexsi_wht_focus Good Standing Member
I agree with ZETEC3, but seing a modded Hyundai is creative, but does sound sort of ricey but hey, give the kid a break. I just hate what the VW is all about, he shouldn't even talk.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:15 PM   #10
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 5482
What I Drive: 2002 civic si

FF Reputation: 1 jaypee Good Standing Member
you win zetec. the new tiburon is a nice car, but modding an accent? :)

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.