Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Focus Fanatics Focus of the Year?

6K views 82 replies 21 participants last post by  Chick 
#1 ·
So it's coming up on our 12th FF ROTM next month. I was thinking this before but I would like to wait til the end of the year. But then we would have 17 Focus's to vote on. Do we want to have a Focus Fanatics ROTY? If so should we do it in July or December? I want to hear your opinions[;)]

#52 ·
No, he is talking about getting to vote for more then one. Make the poll for multiple choices instead of one.[:D]

It would be cool to have 3 winners but only one can be on the main page. I talked to Tom and he said that we could have the ROTY picture a little bigger then the ROTM and it will be in about the same place.

#53 ·
Would the ROTY picture be there all year?

#56 ·
You can be in it if you win this month's ROTM[:D]

If you don't then there is always next years if you win any month in the next year.

BTW, are you ever gonna send me your mod list?

#63 ·
I'm not trying to make myself get more votes but if you look back on all the past winners, how many of them actually still post on here once and a while? I know Fino doesn't have his RS anymore and a a few of the others I haven't seen since they won.

I think that a percentage of the voting on the ROTY should be in board participation also.

#65 ·
ZX3_Chick said:
I'm not trying to make myself get more votes but if you look back on all the past winners, how many of them actually still post on here once and a while? I know Fino doesn't have his RS anymore and a a few of the others I haven't seen since they won.

I think that a percentage of the voting on the ROTY should be in board participation also.
i agree contributing to the board is a big part, and should be considered a factor.

#68 ·
How do we factor that in though? Take a percentage of 10,000 posts and multiply your vote count by that percentage? That promotes post whoring, imo, someone could post worthless crap and help themselves win the contest. Just because a member doesn't have a super high post count doesn't mean they haven't contributed a lot to the forum.

[/$.02]

#70 ·
viney266 said:
True dat ^^^^ It is a very tough issue, I personally don't know what way to go with it, you could have a lurker with an awesome car with tonnes of work..
Who also doesn't post very much, but when they do they offer insightful comments and help out quite a bit.

#71 ·
Noone is ever going to be able to determine how many insightful comments past ROTM winners have made. I know a lot of them haven't stuck around at all, like "Forddesigner", whos last post was actually in the ROTM showcase right after he won and hasn't posted since. I think most of the people who are actually going to vote will take that into consideration...but there isn't going to be any fair way that we could factor in contributions made to the website, because the people who don't post that often are going to get screwed while the people who post a lot are going to walk away with it. I think we should just leave it up to the voter...unless there is a good way of going about this?

#72 ·
thefrush said:
How do we factor that in though? Take a percentage of 10,000 posts and multiply your vote count by that percentage? That promotes post whoring, imo, someone could post worthless crap and help themselves win the contest. Just because a member doesn't have a super high post count doesn't mean they haven't contributed a lot to the forum.

[/$.02]
Agreed, quality over quantity

#74 ·
I'm not talking about post whoring and worthless posts. True I would consider someone would posts helpful info and has won ROTM to be a top contender but when is the last time you saw a few of the ones that have won post? It just seems to me like a lot of them just posted to win then they stopped once they did. Maybe they still lurk but I haven't seen let's say Forddesigner or Scarecrow post in a good while and both of them have very nice Focus's.

#75 ·
I know this doesn't pertain to ROTY, but why not have it so only people who have been a member of this website for a while (like 6 months) and post regularly can be nominated for ROTM? I know there are a lot of awesome Foci out there, but the ROTM should have something to do with contributions to the website. Maybe a 100 post minimum should be required or something? I just don't like how people in the past have won ROTM then just vanish, like Forddesigner, who took votes from other contributers to the site then just took off after winning...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.