Votes: 33 28.4%
  • tiresmoker

Votes: 35 30.2%
Status
Not open for further replies.

**Vote for FF.com Ride of the Year (FINAL)**

8K views 57 replies 40 participants last post by  jnorton05 
#1 ·
This will be our final voting stage. Whoever wins this will become our ROTY and be placed on our homepage for all to see for a whole year!

You can only choose 1 nominee. Who do you think represents our site the best? We will find out who the members of this site choose when this poll ends AUGUST 5th (on the East Coast) If there is a tie, the moderators will choose the winner.

Let's begin and good luck to each one of you!

NOVEMBER RIDE OF THE MONTH(2006)

Member name: TOM
Model: ZX5
Color: CD Silver

Why he loves his Focus:
"I love the Focus because it offered exactly what I wanted for the money. Roomy interior, decent performance, superb handling and great gas mileage. It also had a European design that I've always apreciated."

His future plans:
"I'm going to upgrade the transmission as well as do so more minor engine work to get the best performance out of my turbo kit."

MODIFICATIONS

EXTERIOR:
Short Antenna
Tinted Windows
Clear Bra (Front & Rear Bumpers)
Clear Headlight & Foglight Protection
Thule Bike Rack
7K HID Conversions
LED Rear Lights
Clear Corners
Roush Bodykit
SVT Spoiler
ST Grill

INTERIOR:
Defi Boost Gauge
Defi Temp Gauge
Defi Oil Pressure Gauge
A-Piller Tripple Gauge Pods
Aluminum Pedals
V1 Radar Detector

ENGINE DRESS-UP:

I.C.E.:
Kenwood DDZ6019 DVD Receiver
Rockford Fosgate T100180 AMP
Rockford Fosgate T5001bd AMP
Lightning Audio Cap
Boston S80 Front Speakers
Boston S85 Rear Speakers
MTX Thunderform Box
12" Rockford Fosgate

PERFORMANCE:
FS Stage 2 Turbo
42lbs Injectors
GT28R Turbo
FMIC
FC Throttlebody
2.5" Roush Cat-back Exhaust

SUSPENSION:
Eibach Pro Kit
KYB AGX Adjustable
FC Strut Bar

WHEELS, TIRES & BRAKES:
O.Z. Superturismo GT
Dunlop SP Sport 9000 DSST

MISC.:
Roush Badge
Roush Overlay Badge
Viper Alarm System
MAY RIDE OF THE MONTH(2007)

Member name: MOFOCUS
Model: ZX3
Color: Pitch Black

Why he loves his Focus:
"its dependable, its different, its fun to drive and fun to tear down and put back together, the boost aint so bad either."

His future plans:
"Future plans are small for now, the supercharger pretty much put me where i wanted to be, above the bolt on class but not into the complete money pit piston slinging range. id like to get the car running more efficiently, and fine tune it, delete the AC, install the race seats ive got sitting in my room, and relocate the battery. Alittle more power here and there maybe alittle more boost down the road if money and time permit. NEW MIRRORS, cant forget those, and of course fix all the dents and dings (thanks[rolleyes] walmart )"

MODIFICATIONS

EXTERIOR:
ST170 headlights
SVT front and rear bumpers
old school rally roof spoiler
Cobra hood
european grill
clear black housing european taillights

INTERIOR:
FC HVAC billet red knobs and shift knob
Red shifter bezel
custom aluminum red/silver pedals
Prosport tinted boost gauge
rear seats deleted
short shifter

ENGINE DRESS-UP:
FC spark plug cover, oil and ps knobs

I.C.E.:

PERFORMANCE:
Powerworks supercharger kit
Wrapped SVT header
Wrapped 2.5" SVT header to ZETEC flex ORP
trubendz 2.5" flexpipe
Borla 2.5" SS flexback exhaust
180 degree thermostat
MAC dogbone mount
FR wires
mcnews Xcal2 PW tune w/ egr delete

SUSPENSION:
Eibach Sportline springs
Eibach Pro dampers
Eibach sway bars
strut tower bar

WHEELS, TIRES & BRAKES:
Saleen TSW wheels

MISC.:
JUNE RIDE OF THE MONTH(2007)

Member name: TIRESMOKER
Model: ST (w/SAP)
Color: Pitch Black

Why he loves his Focus:
"I bought my 2006 ST On November 7th, 2005. She was a beauty. It brought a tear to my eye to see her all shined up and waiting for delivery for me at the dealership. On that day I drove off the lot with the intention of keeping her stock for my dd, boy was I wrong. The modding bug had bit me hard and as I grew closer to completing my ZX3, something hit. It all started out with some wheels, just something to complete the look of the car. But as the days grew I urned for more power. Then it finally let loose, and now my ST has become my second generation track monkey.

In short, I love my focus because it's the car you never saw coming. I love that compliments I get for it and the smiles on little kids faces as I drive through neighborhoods. It has earned me new friends drawn together by a community after the same goal, the love of these cars. I've been to many gatherings and met great people because of these cars, I've gained new friends that I wouldn't have met otherwise, and seen sights I wouldn't have seen without the Focus. It may sound corny, but these cars have become a major part of my life and have helped me grow as a individual."

His future plans:
"My future plans for the car included forged internals, and a Cosworth intake manifold. One of these days I'll get around to installing the clutch and flywheel, but I'm trying to get the most I can out of the stocker for now.

Also get some R-compounds for autocrossing and take 1st in SM."

MODIFICATIONS

EXTERIOR:
Street Appearance Package w/ Rally Style Spoiler
Black painted headlight housing
Custom painted eyelids
Debadged truck lid
Turbo badge on trunk
Focus Fanatics decals on quarter panel windows
Focus Fanatics license plate frame

INTERIOR:
Autometer Carbon Fiber boost gauge
AEM UEGO wideband gauge
Mini din 9 cable wired to wideband for dataloging A/F

ENGINE DRESS-UP:

I.C.E.:
XM Skyfi 2 receiver
Sony Audiophile system

PERFORMANCE:
Focus Sport Stage 2 Turbo
Focus Sport turbo water lines
Focus Sport Stainless Steel Oil Drain
Bailey Motorsport Diverter Valve
Cosworth Balance Shaft Delete
VF Engineering Lower torque mount
Custom 2 1/2" flex back exhaust w/ Magnaflow muffler

SUSPENSION:
Eibach Sportline Springs
Eibach 25mm Rear Sway Bar

SUSPENSION:
Ford Racing 15 spoke Gold Rally Wheels
BFG G-Force KDW 2

MISC.:

#13 ·
Gotta go Local![woot][woot]

#18 ·
man what a choice to make, all amazing fofo's i was hoping it didnt come down to these 3, i told myself it take a long while to figure out which one is the best, all amazing, all boosted, all gorgeous cars, but i had to go with mofocus, overall it appeals to me more then the other 2, but whoever wins deserves it a lot of time was put into each one of these foci

#20 ·
man...a hard choice. ima hafta go with tom cause he has a boosted auto focus. not many of those around. tiresmoker comes in a VERY close second. and mofocus....sweet ass ride man. looks amazing and im sure she scoots along nicely. all 3 are winners in my book though.

This post has been deleted
#23 ·
CWCZX3!

Oh wait.......he didn't make it into the final 3. [scratch] Amazing a car that has a highly modded Exterior / Interior / Engine / and Suspension that all works together so well doesn't make it into the final 3.

Nothing against these three in the final (I've even met tiresmoker at Jetfest and he's a hell of a guy!), but something seems fishy that these three cars made it into the final.
haha yea I was surprised not to see him in here... his car is pure sex!

#24 ·
If you guys check CWCZX3 made 4th place. He missed being in the final by , I beleive, 2 votes. And yes, I"ve seen his car in person. Sweet ride, too. But nothing fishy here, gotta pic one of these 3! It was a tough choice for me,too.

#25 ·
i for sure thought he would be up here and not me, but the ppl voted

please dont turn this whole thread into a "why not CWCZX3?" thread

if it had been 3 guys up there w/ graphics and "ICE" i would be hot myself abt him not making it

#26 ·
not saying ur car isnt sexy as hell either greg, just figured he'd be up here cuz of all the work he's put in... <------- [offtopic]

ok, now VOTE PPL VOTE!!!! It's ROTY and we're tired of seeing Massive's car... lol [joke]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.